Hello new friends

KaninNox

Hello there, I'm Harmony (You can also call me by my character's name if you want), I'm 21, an avid gamer and I just joined the game only a few days ago but I'm already in love. I've been a long-time fan of roleplaying and I thought this would be a good place to get me started in Final Fantasy RR. 

:moogle:

I joined the Jenova server, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of rp community there. Coming on here tells me the main rp servers are Balmung and Gilgamesh, so once my pay day comes I'll be transferring to one of those.

My character's name is Kanin Nox. A Hyur Midlander thaurmaturgy student from outside Eorzea, she was adopted by a black mage at a young age and became his apprentice. This particular Black Mage was somewhat unscrupulous, and saw nothing wrong with using his new apprentice as a guinea pig for his magical experiments. Such a childhood has left her mildly unhinged and crazy, but despite having a weak grasp on her sanity, Kanin has fantasies of being a respected hero.

Hello there and welcome!

If you just started the game, it may be faster to create a new character on the server you wish to play on..though you may have to do it at oddball hours of the night. Like between 4-6 in the morning.

Otherwise, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong..you may wait days for the transfer to take effect. Good luck and good to have more Rp's coming!

Hello there!

Balmung was the unofficial RP server in 1.0 and carried over into 2.0, with a portion of the community though transferring over to the Gilgamesh server instead for reasons that they didn't want to be on a legacy server.

Anyways, if you want to really hang out with us than establishing a wiki for youre character is always a good thing.  ^_^

Hello there!

Balmung was the unofficial RP server in 1.0 and carried over into 2.0, with a portion of the community though transferring over to the Gilgamesh server instead for reasons that they didn't want to be on a legacy server.

Anyways, if you want to really hang out with us than establishing a wiki for youre character is always a good thing.  ^_^

I tried logging in but the wiki says my account doesn't exist =/

Hello there!

I tried logging in but the wiki says my account doesn't exist =/

Well firstly you need an account on the RPC, because this account and the wiki which all the PC and NPC pages are on are interconnected together and use the same user credentials. So basically just log into youre user account using youre credentials from this site and create a wiki page. If you are still having issues then you should contact one of the forum moderators. They will know how to fix youre problem.

Welcome!

Due to a difference in the way MediaWiki and MyBB handle user names, you need to change your username to one without an underscore in order for the wiki to let you log in. A dash or just running it together into one word will do the trick.

Thanks, that helped a lot! I have now made a wiki page for Kanin, it's still a work in progress but mostly complete. There's a link in my signature. Sorry my first day of being a member of this wonderful forum has just turned out to be me being a burden xD

Well thanks any way :) 

So does anyone have any tips on how to get started? Is there any area where the roleplayers congregate? Do i have to join a rp free company?

Getting started can be done in any manner of ways. On Balmung at least, there's usually some open-world-RP that takes places in the cities and pubs. You could also plan a scene/meet-up on the RPC as well. (I've seen both and everything in between happen).

As for FCs, you'll probably find lots of RP outside of one, but there are a number of RP FCs as well. I know we have a list of linkshells here, but for FCs, I'll leave that to their respective leaders.

Personally, I do a mix of forum-RP and game-RP, kinda of mixing them together into some sort of storyline. The Town Square forum is a good place to get started if you want to start a little scene, join an open one, or post an RP Journal of events (either OOC or IC) to start getting yourself in the world. It takes a little while before it starts to really happen. Good luck and welcome to the community! :thumbsup:

Alot of open world RP, as I have noticed, takes place in Ul'dhal, usually at the adventurers guild.

As for main RP's, its best to integrate with a group like an FC, that way you can just follow along with an established story and join in when you're character's presence is relevant. For example, I did some RP last night for the first time with my new RPFC over the IC linkshell, and my character was able to respond because she had something to say ICly that was relevant to the situation.

RP is generally situational. Im not hardcore RP where I have characters dedicated to RP , mainly because my main is a mix of main game and RP, but she does however have situational awareness and if she see's something she can pitch into then she will be able to RP at that moment.

In short, while its not required you join a dedicated RPFC, its a good place to start and develop ICly as a character before you branch out.

At this point, there's not much difference in Legacy vs Non-Legacy (there's plenty of "maxed" people in both types); server population probably has a larger impact and both Balmung and Gilgamesh are large servers. That said, I think Balmung has a slightly larger roleplay population. Best time to create a character (save your app data beforehand) is around 4-5 AM EST.

If ya end up on Balmung, feel free to drop me a /tell or walk up and say hi to Elsa!