New to Forums, Not RP

--MMORPG background--

I've been playing FF: XIV off and on since open beta. I'm what would be referred to as a casual player. I do have a level 38 archer (and low level bard), but I'm not well versed in all the intricacies of the class, or the whole battle system as a whole.

I can go 2 weeks with playing every day, or 2 months without playing. I think probably the main reason is because I don't really know anyone who is interested in MMORPGs. It gets boring running around joining random groups.

I was an early player of EverCrack. One time I got off work, logged and got in a good group, and the next thing I know, it's time to go to work the next morning. So that was fun. I mainly liked to take my half-elf bard into Neriak and lay waste to the dark elf guards. I can probably still find my way around Qeynos and Freeport, even though I haven't played EQ for years and years (and years). I never could figure out Kelethin, where my character was from.

--RP experience--

I did RP a little bit in EverQuest, but not much. I was involved in a Romance of the Three Kingdoms (2nd/3rd century China) online message board game, where I was a staff member and had to RP not only my character, but a multitude of RP characters when it arose. So I had to RP men, women, emperors, guards, children, peasants, etc. I also delved a little bit into D&D, but not that much.

--Character ideas/info--

The character I am interested in playing is a female Miqo'te who has had a very rough time in her nineteen years of existence. I've always preferred playing female characters, mainly because if I have to look at a character all the time, it might as well be pleasing to the eyes. And if asked, I always let others know I'm a guy, or if the situation warrants it (like someone thinking these are dating apps).

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I just googled Final Fantasy XIV roleplay servers, and this was top of the list, so here I am.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

More than likely medium. After reading through Eva's Roleplay Handbook, that is about where I would end up.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?

NASCAR fan (go Kyle Larson #42 - my last driver, Jeff Burton, has all but retired). Longtime Dallas Cowboys fan. I'm currently working three jobs, but one is a summer job that is over at the end of the month. I have an associates in web design and graphic design, but my main job only touches on the graphic design degree.

And I'm waiting patiently for the zombie apocalypse.

Unfortunately, both the Balmung and Gilgamesh servers aren't accepting new characters, so it kind of puts a crimp in the whole RPing thing. Based on what I've read, Balmung sounds like the better fit, even being Legacy.

That's about it. Hope I'm able to get on board with one of these servers sometime soon.

Add: I play FFXIV mostly on PC with a gamepad, but I do have it on PS4 as well.

Hello there, welcome to the RPC, it's good to have you here! :D You can usually wiggle your way into Balmung during the late night/early morning (eastern time, and weeknights are generally less crowded than weekends).

I've always preferred playing female characters, mainly because if I have to look at a character all the time, it might as well be pleasing to the eyes.

I dunno man, Berrod's character is pretty easy on the eyes. Ehehehehe.

(I'm not creepy, I swear)

Welcome to the RPC! Someone might reply before me, but your best bet at getting on the server is to wait until early morning Pacific time (5am on weekends and 7am weekdays have worked pretty regularly for me). Until you do, there's always forum rp! Take your time browsing this site, and definitely check out the wiki; getting a wiki page up for your character can help others to get a feel for your character.

It's a pretty friendly community so don't be afraid to dive in and ask any questions you need answered. :)

EDIT - YOU WERE MY ONE THOUSANDTH POST!

You're special now.

;)

Three Jobs! Hard worker plays Hard too I'm sure!

Have to agree with Zhavi, the men avatars in this game are really pretty. :blush:

Everything save for those creepy toads are really pretty in this game.

Thing I do for getting on Balmung is set up the appearance you want, then in the morning create the character and move on. Granted the cut scenes are annoying, but it's really nice they allow appearance saves to make the morning process less taxing on the brain.