I come in peace...and brought cookies...

Hello everyone!

I am new still to the game and the forums obviously, still carrying that new car smell too. Currently I'm attempting to stumble my way through the game and now the forums. Although I admit so far this community is one of the most friendly I've had the pleasure to come across, and I hope to return the favor at some point to many. 

I was directed here by someone I randomly met in game, who has been ever so nice in helping me out and answering a lot of perhaps obvious questions in game. As I continue to look through the forums I thought I'd start with a small introduction of who I am. 

I have been playing mmo's for ten years, and this is my sixth mmo I've been to. I started in WoW, Tera, Aion, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls, and now here. I am quite enjoying the game play and I plan on sticking around for some time here if all goes as I plan. In each of the games above I at least dabbled in rp, some more then others. Some I had great luck in others...well it is best if we just do not talk of it. After taking a break from mmo's, but not rp as I also participate in forum, and messenger rp I'm back and ready to jump into mmo rp once more! 

As for the character ideas I have, at the moment I'm still reading and trying to see where I can fit in with the lore that is available. Also browsing the forums to see what is widely accepted and what is not. Basically testing the waters a bit before I throw myself into developing a character although I do have a basic thought for her. I'm uncertain if I should throw that out -yet- as I'm already writing a bit of a novel here. I am a bit of a heavier style rp, I keep to the character and wish to see her plot development - good or bad. She has one continuous story line. I enjoy the lore but not to the point I'm going to go on a witch hunt if you do not follow it to the letter. 

As for a bit of who I am, the player behind the screen. I have raided before and I look forward to doing so again. I currently am 30 years old, a female if that matters to anyone, and I'm going to school - que beauty school drop out theme song -- but I don't plan on dropping out or making my hair bubble gum pink. 

So that is a bit about me and my hello to the forums! Thank you for reading!!

YOU BROUGHT COOKIES YOU SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?    @_@

And welcome to the RPC. Please enjoy you're stay.   :D

~Sets out the box of chocolate chip cookies~

I did, just forgot to share. Thank you for the welcome! I'm enjoying myself so far and I look forward to making some friends to run around in game with or even rp with! Thank you again!

Some I had great luck in others...well it is best if we just do not talk of it.

Mmph, ain't that just the truth.

Welcome to the RPC! It is a pretty wonderful community. Generally, most things are accepted so long as they don't stretch lore too hard -- most arguments I've seen about character direction are tied in to class jobs and whether or not certain ones are speshul. Then you have the general standards -- super omgawesomeperfect overpowered characters aren't generally liked so much (note that I have yet to see any, though) when they don't make sense. You know, having a 14 year old who can take on 30 year olds who have been training for a decade or two longer, that sort of thing.

However, don't be afraid to stretch your wings! At the end of the day, you gotta play what you find fun. Also, make a wiki page for your character once you've got a good idea of where you want to go with her. And, you can always test ideas here or in RP discussion if you have questions about what you're going with -- but do remember that opinions are opinions, and generally people don't mean to be anything but helpful.

Best to you, and happy writing!

Yay, cookies! I hope they're chocolate chip--and you better share. Welcome to the RPC, it's good to have you here! I'm glad you've returned to MMO RP. I'm always happy to chat or role-play, so feel free to approach or send a /tell if you see me around in-game!

Ooh new car smell. ;D

Welcome to the forums and to the game! If you ever see any of my ragtag bunch running around anywhere *points to the absurd list of alts in my sig*, feel free to send me a /tell or a friend request! I'm always looking for new friends and people to talk to, whether it's friendly OOC conversation or those random little IC chats that inevitably give you and others insight on your character.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime. >^.^<

Some I had great luck in others...well it is best if we just do not talk of it.

Mmph, ain't that just the truth.

Welcome to the RPC! It is a pretty wonderful community. Generally, most things are accepted so long as they don't stretch lore too hard -- most arguments I've seen about character direction are tied in to class jobs and whether or not certain ones are speshul. Then you have the general standards -- super omgawesomeperfect overpowered characters aren't generally liked so much (note that I have yet to see any, though) when they don't make sense. You know, having a 14 year old who can take on 30 year olds who have been training for a decade or two longer, that sort of thing.

However, don't be afraid to stretch your wings! At the end of the day, you gotta play what you find fun. Also, make a wiki page for your character once you've got a good idea of where you want to go with her. And, you can always test ideas here or in RP discussion if you have questions about what you're going with -- but do remember that opinions are opinions, and generally people don't mean to be anything but helpful.

Best to you, and happy writing!

Thank you so much for your welcome and greetings. I have noticed this entire community is quite friendly. I'm very much enjoying myself even when just running around and leveling. Still got a bit to do before I really can jump into some, hoping to jump over to the other city, as right now I'm in Gridania. But that will come with time. I'm currently toying with the idea for the wiki, thank you for pointing that out I didn't realize that is what it was for!

Thank you again and I'll see if I can poke at you once I finish the wiki post of her character sheet and get your thoughts!

I just happened across you in Gridania! I hope i didn't overload you with all the RP stuffs! Emote and poses are too cool!

Yangh! Thank you again for everything! It was very helpful and I owe you. The emotes, the poses! I've been playing with them between questing all night! Thank you! I look forward to finding you for some rp soon!

Yay, cookies! I hope they're chocolate chip--and you better share. Welcome to the RPC, it's good to have you here! I'm glad you've returned to MMO RP. I'm always happy to chat or role-play, so feel free to approach or send a /tell if you see me around in-game!

I'm always willing to share.

~ Offers the plate of cookies~

Thank you for the offer and I'll do that! Friends are always nice and its wonderful to meet some more people! I look forward to some chattings and some rps! Thank you Faye for the offer, I look forward to it!

Ooh new car smell. ;D

Welcome to the forums and to the game! If you ever see any of my ragtag bunch running around anywhere *points to the absurd list of alts in my sig*, feel free to send me a /tell or a friend request! I'm always looking for new friends and people to talk to, whether it's friendly OOC conversation or those random little IC chats that inevitably give you and others insight on your character.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime. >^.^<

I always did enjoy that new car smell. Just doesn't stay around long enough, imo.

Thank you! I'll look for you, random little chats are always fun especially when they lead somewhere you were not expecting and then suddenly two are off to save the world from that cruel little mushroom thing down the street.