I've been here before, but!

Hi guys!

I've been here before, asking about any love for Zodiark RP. I've recently re-subbed and am now completely overhauling my characters, which leads me to the following question:

I'm on Chaos (so no Balmung), and I'm looking for EU roleplayers. Which server would be best out of the ones that aren't full? The servers that I'm currently able to access are Lich, Zodiark, Cerberus, and Phoenix.

I'd really like to start connecting with people from the get-go, so any help before I confirm my character would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

WanderingWordsmith

I'm not sure how much RP there is on servers other than Balmung and Gilgamesh.  I know its not ideal, but Balmung does have a significant EU-player RP base (I am not a EU player, I've just picked up on this from the board), but events are usually held at impossible times for EU players. 

I hope you're able to find what you're looking for :-]

That's a shame. I did try connecting to Balmung, but the server's not currently accepting new characters. It's understandably difficult to convince someone to split their time between such a large community and one player, too, but everyone just seems to give the "Go Balmung or don't bother" response.

Still, thank you for the encouragement! I'll keep my fingers crossed on Phoenix.

That's a shame. I did try connecting to Balmung, but the server's not currently accepting new characters. It's understandably difficult to convince someone to split their time between such a large community and one player, too, but everyone just seems to give the "Go Balmung or don't bother" response.

Still, thank you for the encouragement! I'll keep my fingers crossed on Phoenix.

I'm not saying "Go Balmung or don't bother!", I never say that :-X you just asked a question and I was giving the honest answer.  There are only two really active RP servers: Glilgamesh and Balmung, I don't see any activity on the RPC, at least, from any other server except for people periodically posting from them wondering where to find RP.  I can't comment on Gilgamesh's status for EU RPers, so I just let you know what I know about Balmung :-]

If you don't want to come to Balmung, by all means don't!  If you do, it opens up during the early hours NA time, so morning time in the EU (maybe 8h 12h).

Oh, no no no. I didn't mean you said it. I posted a few questions on Reddit and here last time, and that was the response I got. xD

Do you mean they start allowing new players in at that time?

The character creation lock is dynamic, when the server has too many players on it, then creation is disabled.  From what I understand at those hours the server often pops open for character creation, but it can still take some patience.  Maybe someone who's done it more recently can chime in and comment? ^^

Do you mean they start allowing new players in at that time?

Yes. Balmung will pop open typically around 2AM-7AM PDT, which is 9AM to 3PM GMT.

It's usually like that for both new characters and server transfers.

From what I've heard, 4AM PDT/ 11AM GMT is when most people get lucky.

Oh, brilliant! I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning, then, and that should solve the problem.

Thank you very much for your help, you two! Hopefully I'll see you server-side. :D

I'll look forwards to seeing you then! (Could be a little hard, since I'm PDT timezone, but that's what sleepless weekends are typically for)