New to the server. Looking for long-term RP partner(s).

I'm usually too shy to post in forums like this, but I thought I'd give it a try and see what happens.

Let me start by saying hello. ^_^ I just recently picked up playing FFXIV again after a brief leave of absence due to IRL circumstances, and I decided to start over fresh. New server, new character, the works. I'm a pretty well-rounded roleplayer, started playing D&D at a young age. (Ask me about the Drow. Go on, ask.) From there, I got into text-based roleplaying online via instant messengers like AIM, Skype, etc. Now, I'm looking for people to befriend and rp with on a semi-regular to regular basis. I keep odd hours, being that I work night shifts, but I'm willing to work with the schedules of others as much as is reasonably possible.

But enough about me. Let me tell you about Kalan. His name's Kalan'val Baenre. I based him off of a D&D character I used to play back in the day. He's an interesting one to say the least. He was born in the wilderness around Gridania to a feral tribe of hunter-gatherers and forest demon (elemental/primal) worshipers. When he was still just a child, his tribe was attacked and in the chaos he was very seriously wounded, leaving him with a vicious scar on his throat and permanently damaging his vocal chords. He cannot speak, but he does understand spoken language. As far as mannerisms go, he has a few quirks. Like I said before, he is feral, so he does act a bit animalistic and can be a little uncivilized at times. (Total understatement, there.) He's of relatively neutral alignment, though he does have a thing for eating people-- usually people he's hunted or killed himself. (Before you gasp and look away in shock, think about how many quests are in the game that require you to hunt down and end an individual's life, and then consider his feral nature. It makes sense.) He is reserved at first, and keeps mostly to himself, but once he decides to befriend a person, he devotes himself entirely to them with a fierce loyalty. 

That's all I can really say about him for now.. you kind of have to see him to understand him. x) 

So, that's me, and that's my character. If you want to contact me, please feel free to send me a tell in-game. Username is Kalan'val Baenre. If I do not respond, feel free to leave me a message via a delivery moogle. I look forward very much to meeting and RPing with you all!

For whatever reason, cannibalism is rare among a lot of animal species. It's not taboo only in the civilized world. Food for thought! At any rate, welcome to Balmung, it's good to have you here! :D I'm always glad to chat or RP, so feel free to say hello if you see me around.

Ah! What a nice change of pace to have a character who doesn't possess the ability to speak. Though, the eating.. people. I.. don't let Caelia know. Does that mean Kalan'val will attempt to target unsuspecting chocobos, too? Anything but the chocobos.

BUT WELCOME TO THE RPC! Do enjoy the stay~ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ