Sea Wolves, Primals, Tempereds, Oh My!

:geek:I'm experimenting with some plot however I need someone who knows more about the lore as I'm an Elder Scrolls girl with a natural interest in the Nordic folktales who knows little of the Universe that is Final Fantasy. So far basing a good amount of the character's mannerisms on a traditional Asatruar has paid off. I seem to blend well enough culture-wise. However the further I get into the game I know there is that point where the lines stop blurring and that is what I am inquiring about.

I need to know how the whole primal infecting people works. Is it a ritual? Do they touch something? Are they tricked into it? Is it a cult? Are the followers zombie-like or are they raving lunatics? Do they have extra senses or are they like regular crazy people?

How would typical sea farers live? is it by sea that is commonly traveled or are airships used more in trading goods. If airships are the thing, how would one forgo this sort of thing as I like the whole journey part.

Do they all have Pirate-talk or is a mild Scandinavian accent well enough?

Who is the law in Limsa (is it policed?) how strict are the law enforcers there?

Is it more common so meet a law abiding sea wolf or an outlaw sea wolf in the lore?

What is their take on the Hellsguard?

Do they typically deal with other races or do they hesitate to work with others?

Are they superstitious?

Do they impose gender roles or are the women typically just as involved as the men?

Which land would the highest quality harvest exist?

It's probably a lot of questions but I want to know as much as I can to seem more natural when I lay out a story.

For now I sleep. Thank you and goodnight. :sleepy:

I need to know how the whole primal infecting people works. Is it a ritual? Do they touch something? Are they tricked into it? Is it a cult? Are the followers zombie-like or are they raving lunatics? Do they have extra senses or are they like regular crazy people?

Tempering is kinda like being under a trance. Your desires all get rewritten to worshiping that primal. Each primal does it a little differently. They're more like crazy people.

How would typical sea farers live? is it by sea that is commonly traveled or are airships used more in trading goods. If airships are the thing, how would one forgo this sort of thing as I like the whole journey part. 

Do they all have Pirate-talk or is a mild Scandinavian accent well enough?

Probably Limsa Lominsa, but each city does have boats of some sort. Most normal people would probably travel by sea/land, unless they can afford the airship prices. There is a "pirate talk"-ish theme in Limsa Lominsa.

Who is the law in Limsa (is it policed?) how strict are the law enforcers there?

Pirate's Alliance. Sorta. Merlwyb sorta leaded them. 

Is it more common so meet a law abiding sea wolf or an outlaw sea wolf in the lore?

It's mixed.

What is their take on the Hellsguard?

Mountainous Roegadyn that /weren't/ pirates? Also, theirs names are slightly different.

Do they typically deal with other races or do they hesitate to work with others?

Most of the races in Eorzea tend to get along.

Are they superstitious?

You'll find both extremes and everything in between.

Do they impose gender roles or are the women typically just as involved as the men?

I'd say it's pretty even. ...there're a couple threads on the board dedicated to exactly that question. -somewhere-

Which land would the highest quality harvest exist?

Probably the Black Shroud (Gridania) or La Noscea (Limsa Lominsa)