Searching for a Free Company or Linkshell..

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I posted on the forums here, but I've found myself in need of some advice / help from my fellow RPers.

Long story short, I took a bit of an RP break with Xheja to kind of re-evaluate where I wanted to go with her, and the direction I ended up choosing skews her a bit more towards the villainous side. Now, I'm not talking grandiose destroy-the-world, kill-everyone-and-their-puppy-too kind of evil. More like she has a personal goal in mind (which just happens to be collecting aether for a Voidsent in exchange for her freedom) and is no longer quite so opposed to using morally questionable means. Specifically, she's a manipulator type that enjoys using others to subtly accomplish goals from the background, rather than being in the thick of things. (Though she doesn't have a qualm with occasionally trying to knife someone when their back is turned if she has to..)

My dilemma is this.. RP has been kind of scarce and kind of stale lately, given that I don't belong to any IC roleplay groups or plots. I can only stand so much idle 'Hi, how are you tonight?' tavern RP without something more engaging and mentally stimulating to break it up. This is doubly problematic on a character whose whole point is playing mind games. There's just not enough material to really work with, and scarcely any real continuity in a mostly one-off setting.

I've looked around at some FCs and LSs that I've seen in game and on the RPC, but most seem either more-or-less good aligned or just too specific in scope to be applicable. So I was wondering, could someone point me in the direction of any FCs or LSs that may be more welcoming to this kind of character? It doesn't even necessarily have to be a strictly evil / villainous group, either. I just need to find a niche that Xheja can fit into or something that she would find ICly interesting/entertaining enough to want to be a part of, whether that's with like-minded manipulators and baddies or discretely worming her way into something more benign for one reason or another. I'm open to ideas. I just need something fun to get involved in!

If anyone wants/needs more character information, Xheja's wiki is finally in the process of being updated (though it's still largely incomplete). I'm also more than willing to answer questions or to talk more in depth about the kind of things that I'm looking to get out of an RP / group, and can be reached here, through PMs, or through /tells in-game. And in advance, thanks everyone for your help! ♥

I know we're more good-aligned, but you're welcome to check out Harbingers of Dawn. No reason why a sly and manipulative character couldn't wiggle her way in to further her own ulterior goals! :) Otherwise, as far as FC's go I'm afraid I don't know of any more villainous ones as most I find are heroic or neutral at best, but I do know some plots you could perhaps get involved in. In fact, similarly, I have a Voidtouched character who also has someone out gathering aether for her.

I know we're more evil-aligned*, but you're welcome to check out Tylwyth Narah. No reason why a sly and manipulative character couldn't wiggle her way in to further her own ulterior goals! :)

*We're not really evil. We're more... good-impaired. Seriously, though, check us out. Ping me (C'kayah Tia) or Kenthy Pennyfeather in game, or here. We'd love to corrupt help you get the RP you're looking for!

I know we're more evil-aligned*, but you're welcome to check out Tylwyth Narah. No reason why a sly and manipulative character couldn't wiggle her way in to further her own ulterior goals! :)

*We're not really evil. We're more... good-impaired. Seriously, though, check us out. Ping me (C'kayah Tia) or Kenthy Pennyfeather in game, or here. We'd love to corrupt help you get the RP you're looking for!

The hell C! Get out of my mind! you posted like 6mins before me

But.. but... but... Senpai, notice me!

But.. but... but... Senpai, notice me!

*Still does not notice*