Screenshot Help

Aldotsk

I think I am probably the only one who seems to be bothered about how to get good screenshots.

Aside from sweetfx not working properly, I have trouble adjusting the camera to move freely as I want for angled shots (I am a photographer so I am always bothered of how I want my shots and it's not coming as I wanted to) - I might need better tutorial how to install SweetFX into my FF14. 

Is there particular keys besides SCROLL Lock and PRINT Screen or even Mouse for any possible camera angle changes to this game? Free camera settings at least. I know WoW had it, but I just cant seem to zoom in further in, and it only limits my angle to certain point. 

also the resolution for these screenshots make me sad because it's below 300-400, which makes zooming into the pictures really choppy and too pixelated.

Plenty of people like their good screenshots. 

Provided it's set up correctly, SweetFX dumps screenshots as BMP files directly in the game folder when Print Screen is pressed, while the game will dump its screenshot into the Documents\FFVIX folder. There was a good guide for it on reddit somewhere, but a recent nvidia update had broken it. I switched over to an AMD card around that time, so I haven't been keeping up if it got fixed. (The work around was to just get rid of Geforce Experience iirc)

They both pretty much just take the next frame that was going to be rendered and export that to a file. It's going to be limited to the resolution and DPI of your monitor. 

For the camera, you're limited to clicking around. There's no free camera in the game, but you may find some additional settings inside the Character Settings (press K on the keyboard) to see a couple.

Plenty of people like their good screenshots. 

Provided it's set up correctly, SweetFX dumps screenshots as BMP files directly in the game folder when Print Screen is pressed, while the game will dump its screenshot into the Documents\FFVIX folder. There was a good guide for it on reddit somewhere, but a recent nvidia update had broken it. I switched over to an AMD card around that time, so I haven't been keeping up if it got fixed. (The work around was to just get rid of Geforce Experience iirc)

They both pretty much just take the next frame that was going to be rendered and export that to a file. It's going to be limited to the resolution and DPI of your monitor. 

For the camera, you're limited to clicking around. There's no free camera in the game, but you may find some additional settings inside the Character Settings (press K on the keyboard) to see a couple.

It's a shame because there are some games that give you good 200-300 dpi screenshots when you are playing the game. (Not WoW, but like D3/SC2/Borderlands 2)

But I am never satisfied with what I draw or take photos because I always want to improve myself to a point I go crazy and possibly cut my ear. (Vangogh joke). 

I probably installed SweetFX wrong then. Is there proper tutorial for this thing?

It's a shame because there are some games that give you good 200-300 dpi screenshots when you are playing the game. (Not WoW, but like D3/SC2/Borderlands 2)

I probably installed SweetFX wrong then. Is there proper tutorial for this thing?

I followed this guide. http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1sbbin/ffxiv_sweetfx_how_to/

As for more pixels, find a bigger monitor? If I was gonna take something with higher resolution than my stock 1080p monitor, I'd launch the game on my 3200x1800 laptop with everything maxed and hope I get a couple good ones between the lag spikes from all those pixels. Maybe you can trick the game into trying to open in something higher, so it'll render the way you want it to. (Like in 4K or something. Just expect some horrible frames-per-second)

edit: It should be noted I game on Windows 8.1 (3200x1800 / laptop / Nvidia card) and the Windows 10 Tech Preview (1080p / desktop / AMD card) because I'm weird that way.