Just wanted to share

Not sure if this is the right place or if anyone else has brought attention to it, but Erik showed me this earlier and I it moved me so much that wanted to share it with the community.

Recently on Gilgamesh a FC leader gave his friend (Codex Vahlda) a permanent FC rank because he was close to passing away due to health complications. Below is a screenie of the rank he was given and links about the large in game vigil that was held as he passed which spanned across quite a few servers. From what the second link states; a stream of the event was brought into the hospital room so Codex's family could see the in game players that were there to say farewell and show support.

Ethh1u6.png

Reddit link about FC rank

Reddit link about in game vigil

kotaku article

Though this is a sad outcome and I hope that Codex found peace in his passing, along with hoping his family and friends are able to cope with the hardship of losing him; it's things like this that help remind us all that we're so much more than just strangers playing a game. So many people can and will form strong bonds regardless of varying distances that keep many from meeting afk. Rest in piece Codex, you and your loved ones are in our thoughts.

I had seen some of the tributes in the Balmung Server and images of all the happenings on Reddit.

If people were lucky to have known him, I've heard that he had transferred from Balmung to Gilgamesh recently so some players on Balmung may have heard of him or met him.

He was only 29.

It is not the first time the XIV Community has lost someone, and unfortunately won't be the last. I wish we could have had something like this for Aoixin, but our little somber circle of remembering was just as well.

RIP Codex. Didn't know you, but it still stings to lose one of our own. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

It is not the first time the XIV Community has lost someone, and unfortunately won't be the last. I wish we could have had something like this for Aoixin, but our little somber circle of remembering was just as well.

RIP Codex. Didn't know you, but it still stings to lose one of our own. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

This is true and while I'm sorry that something like this can't be done for every member that unfortunately passes (my condolences for your friend, Aoixin) I think had more people heard about it; there would be more of a response such as the one that occurred for Codex.

This is true and while I'm sorry that something like this can't be done for every member that unfortunately passes (my condolences for your friend, Aoixin) I think had more people heard about it; there would be more of a response such as the one that occurred for Codex.

Oh yes I imagine so! The community is pretty awesome like that. I'm not expressing regret really, we did honor her in our own way, it was just much smaller. :)

Oh yes I imagine so! The community is pretty awesome like that. I'm not expressing regret really, we did honor her in our own way, it was just much smaller. :)

No I get you, I was just trying to be reassuring was all. c: I saw her wiki page and peeked through her da account as well since you posted the link. It was really nice to leave it up like that for anyone to see.

This situation has made me wonder what would happen if someone I was close to online suddenly stopped showing up without a word. I would of course worry but it's nice to see now that the internet has gotten a bit more personal in that respect and people feel more inclined to share with others if there could be an issue that would prevent them from showing up online instead of just dropping off.

And though with both Aoixin and Codex are sad situations, they're great examples of how a community and/or friends will respond to show their love and support for their friends.