Greetings!

Loathan

Greetings fellow adventurers!

I recently acquired a device known as "PS4" to facilitate my transit to Eorzea. On arrival I was elated by the refreshing sea breeze of Limsa Lominsa. But on closer inspection I became aware that some of my counterparts spoke in a strange tongue not known to me. Phrases such as 'LOL', 'OMG', 'STFU' and endless others. Words like 'spam', 'zerg', and 'nublet' continue to baffle me. And so I was directed here to find answers. My question is thus: is there a place associated with "PS4" where I can avoid this incomprehensible waffle? If so what say you of a name for this place? I eagerly await a response. Many thanks in advance!

[align=center]May the light of the crystal guide thee![/align]

[align=center]Or as these strange folk seem to say:[/align]

[align=center]LOL WTF GTFO[/align]

"...'stuffoo'? 'Lawl'? Th'bloody hell kinda language is that?"

Welcome! Your best bets for RP are at the Gilgamesh or Balmung servers. Unfortunately, breaking in a new character through the character creation restrictions can be challenging.

Unless, of course, you've got an already-made character and are looking to pay for a transfer...I believe that's less restricted.

Welcome! "May your path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

Mayhaps you'll find one of the other city-states, such as the desert gem of Ul'dath, that'll suit one with standards such as yourself (in Balmung that is)... Though I daresay that even with my recent arrival to Limsa Lominsa, I did not find such languages that you speak of.

Many thanks to you for your sound advice!

After a long and arduous struggle with the restrictions imposed by the gods of Square Enix I was able to make the journey to the realm of Gilgamesh. But alas it was not to be. My human host is based in Europe and so I began to suffer from that terrible affliction known as "latency". My thanks again for your replies. I wish you all the best in your many adventures!

After a long and arduous struggle with the restrictions imposed by the gods of Square Enix I was able to make the journey to the realm of Gilgamesh. But alas it was not to be. My human host is based in Europe and so I began to suffer from that terrible affliction known as "latency". My thanks again for your replies. I wish you all the best in your many adventures!

I don't believe it's going to be any different on another server. As far as I know, FFXIV doesn't have data centers in Europe. Even the European servers are physically located within the US.

I don't believe it's going to be any different on another server. As far as I know, FFXIV doesn't have data centers in Europe. Even the European servers are physically located within the US.

Pretty much this, every server in the US and EU are located out of Montreal, CA so you'll experience the same latency no matter what server you roll on.

Yeah I had heard that which is why I didn't specify the region I was in but I have levelled a few toons on a few servers to around the 15-20 mark and on a US server is the only time I have run into problems. Strange but true. It's a strange coincidence but obviously a coincidence is all it is. Unless there is some kind of system in place where they have some kind of signal boosters in the relevant regions? I am clueless when it comes to things like that so that's pure speculation.

Yeah I had heard that which is why I didn't specify the region I was in but I have levelled a few toons on a few servers to around the 15-20 mark and on a US server is the only time I have run into problems. Strange but true. It's a strange coincidence but obviously a coincidence is all it is. Unless there is some kind of system in place where they have some kind of signal boosters in the relevant regions? I am clueless when it comes to things like that so that's pure speculation.

Placebo effect.