Lekka's Adventures! [FFXIV art]

Lekka Meyren

EDIT: New additions on every page!

--------------

Hello!

I'm a designer who took it upon herself to learn illustration because I'd quite like to be able to write and draw my own comic books at some point.

To this end I thought I'd start some rather simple and short little "Slice-of-life" comics surrounding my RP character; Lekka.

I'll probably update this thread seemingly randomly, depending on when I have inspiration and time to make little doodlies; and it will be entirely ffxiv art, so I won't spam you with my other stuff. :moogle:

Here's the first little piece of doodling, lekka in her "Guard" uniform over at AIM headquarters.

Lekka.png

(Oh and "Tsu" is my artist name)

Thank you! Faces are something of a specialty of mine, seems to be the part I get stuck on the longest and enjoy the most.

I'm still doing some "research" into how I draw the pretty lady, Understanding her hairstyle in 3d is certainly a challenge, and even just how to represent her and stylize her features is a fun challenge.

Here's the results from todays little study stream, one is more of a "comic" type style, as I was trying a full pose without reference (Bad idea) - And abandoned that, before going to more of a life drawing with reference.

18-2.png

How long did it take you to reach this point?

I'm new to the whole drawing scene myself and I'm having a lot of trouble.

I can picture perfectly what I want to draw in my head, but head to paper does not translate well for me!:(

Uhm. I'd say a year and a bit. Granted in that year I drew every single day of the year, so 365 terrible doodles or actual work on illustration or art. ( Also studies )

If you want some proof of this, and also quite the timeline of change;

This is October 2013 - I was not drawing much back then.

And this is January of 2014. I started drawing every day on the 1st of Jan

Edit: You can flick through Archive by month in the bottom box along the right sidebar "The Archive".

How long did it take you to reach this point?

I'm new to the whole drawing scene myself and I'm having a lot of trouble.

I can picture perfectly what I want to draw in my head, but head to paper does not translate well for me!:(

Uhm. I'd say a year and a bit. Granted in that year I drew every single day of the year, so 365 terrible doodles or actual work on illustration or art. ( Also studies )

If you want some proof of this, and also quite the timeline of change;

This is October 2013 - I was not drawing much back then.

And this is January of 2014. I started drawing every day on the 1st of Jan

Edit: You can flick through Archive by month in the bottom box along the right sidebar "The Archive".

Your work looks awesome!

I'd be happy to just draw some of your beginning work!

Your work looks awesome!

I'd be happy to just draw some of your beginning work!

Honestly the only advice I can give you is to draw. Your work will look like shit for a long time, but you'll learn that it's a lot easier for you to see what's wrong as you improve.

The process is in part just learning the actual mechanics of laying down lines and ink - And learning how to stylize or how to render something realistically. Like I don't even think I'm all that good right now, it's a constant struggle for improvement, and that never changes.

What does change is your ability to do stuff though. And you have to put the time in.

Not entirely happy with this. I wanted to capture a scene where Lekka holds one of her would-be attackers off the ground in a chokehold...

But with reference imagery being hard to find I had to try to work a lot from memory, and that always ends up with subpar results.  Ah well. May finish it some other day.

tumblr_nk54toV2hU1tqc93co1_1280.png

I have influenza again, so I've been struggling to really have the focus to sit down and draw. But tonight I managed a little at least, started out as a head-pose study and ended up being a kinda younger version of Lekka?

Teenage Lekka, if you will. Turned out kinda cute.

young.png

I have influenza again, so I've been struggling to really have the focus to sit down and draw. But tonight I managed a little at least, started out as a head-pose study and ended up being a kinda younger version of Lekka?

Teenage Lekka, if you will. Turned out kinda cute.

young.png

So dedicated -- to be able to draw even with the flu :thumbsup:. That being said, hope you feel better! And, yes, she is cute!

The furniture designers of Eorzea face a rather interesting challenge in their work. One which caused Lekka to endure some introspection recently.

She came into a new establishment, and took a seat only to be instantly confounded by her place in this world. What was even happening here in this land of the lilliputt.

Lekka-sits.png

Okay, the gif kind of got me pretty job.

I checked your topic, scrolled down to see what you added and glanced away for a second.....

"Wait, what was that.....?"

"Did her head just move"?

*stares at figure*

"Is that just my imagination?"

"Oh it's a gif, thank god, thought I was going crazy!"

• 2 weeks later...

Another little update! Two doodles and some progress on the illustration work; excuse my noob painting skills.

In other news I've started on the comic project surrounding Lekka, and hope to get that done within a few months.

CA3gN6NWsAEwcdI.jpg

zanin.png

Lekka-illluscolour.jpg

Great job and really awesome dedication!!!

I keep on buying art things to return to/practice my art... but never seem to have (make?) the time.

I really should... there was a time I was rather good in several different formats...

:(

Thank you for your inspiration! (and the arts ♥:love:♥:love:♥)

Great job and really awesome dedication!!!

I keep on buying art things to return to/practice my art... but never seem to have (make?) the time.

I really should... there was a time I was rather good in several different formats...

:(

Thank you for your inspiration! (and the arts ♥:love:♥:love:♥)

Thanks for the compliments!

I think overbearingly the best compliments I get are the ones from others who feel inspired to work more. It is so hard and it takes a lot of active effort; But when you let others inspire you and share your own art in return, it does get easier!

:moogle:

I guess it's that aspect of feeling like your art had some purpose beyond blind practice. Hope you can get back to it if you really want to.

Oh, and here's another little doodle I initially only put on Twitter.

CBXps4BWoAAduLR.png

More updates!

Recently got my hands on a Companion2, so I started doing more doodling while mobile and wanted to test what it could handle. Thus I worked on the illustration some more, as well as some random doodlies.

Lekka-illlusapril.jpg

CBiwiScUgAANytU.png

CBhyWuxUMAAdvSw.png

(non-ref doodles, that's why they're a bit odd.)

More artwork! This batch includes two studies of lekka, and an attempt at drawing a friends character; E'lari in a slightly different style.

The chief difference is how I work; on the E'lari piece I did a sketch and then drew final lines atop that immediately.  Normally I merely develop a sketch on a single layer until I am happy with it.

lari.png

CCA7Ra9WgAAkoUO.png

lekka-kick.jpg