Looking to start fresh!

Yunas13

Hello fellow RPers!

Yunas here. I've just returned to FFXIV and I've been away for TWO YEARS. :surprise: I am looking to start over but no idea on what the RP servers are or what could be a good server I can start fresh on. I play on Balmung but I can't seem to make a new character with the character restrictions in place. Does anyone have any suggestions for this returning player? I live in TX so a server in the U.S or CST would be good. :) I do love to write but RPing I've not experienced yet in FF. (I've got plenty in World of Warcraft) I already have a character in mind that I want to start writing a story for but would love to get some RP included to maybe have some allies/friends to help enjoy the journey.

I do have a level 50 WHM that I've been playing for the last 3 days and I've remembered both my attack/healing rotations, but the problem is that I feel disconnected to the storyline. I know I could watch the cutscenes in the INN as I was suggested but it wouldn't feel the same. :cry:

I look forward to hearing from you soon. :D

Hello and welcome back (^^/

Balmung is notoriously difficult to get into at the moment. Although, there is a maintenance occurring on Tuesday the 24th from 05:00 to 10:00 (GMT) and according to a number of people, the best time to create characters on servers largely locked out like Balmung are shortly before and after the servers go offline/back online.

So if you're interested in getting on to Balmung in particular then this would be your best bet, if possible.

I know the feeling of having to start fresh, as opposed to returning to an established character. Luckily I had a lvl 11 character I could fantasia to get onto Balmung (+ the $10 rename fee) so that I could return to the story at an early enough point to get back into the swing of things when i returned a week ago. Don't know if that's an option for you.

The other thing is to get up super early and try to sneak a new character on Balmung before the restrictions are put in place. I was able to do so at 7am one morning, though generally you're probably looking at 4 or 5 am. Chances of success might be pretty high right after Monday nights patch!

Hey guys, thank you for the suggestions. :)

I've been checking at every possible chance to hopefully get Serena Lyon made on Balmung/Gilgamesh. (Both are still locked), so far no luck. I don't know if I'll be able to check tomorrow after the maintenance. I can't stay up till 4am as I've got to work. :cry:

What other servers do you play on that might be a good secondary for a returning player? I know I don't want to play alone (did a lot of that in Wow and I really didn't enjoy it that much) would like an FC who is nice, considerate, respectful, helpful (be able to help me get back into the swing of things easily.) Who wouldn't mind someone asking a lot of questions. Just all around fun group of people who can make my short time on the game during the week enjoyable.

Hope to hear more soon!