'Underground' Networking Linkshell. [See 'Whispervine' LS Directory Listing]

Does this kind of linkshell interest you?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Does this kind of linkshell interest you?

• Yes, I'm interested.
    • No, I am not interested.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well! It seems like the question has become a less "Should we?" and became more of a "How should we?"

That said, what do people think about a small website (like enjin) -- membership completely optional -- to keep up with things like who is who, what they're known for, amongst what circles, etc.? 

Could also be used for RP hooks (i.e. 'Hey, I'm looking to get in touch with someone with a load of Ceruleum batteries. Any takers?' *coughmeikocough*) and keeping track of things that might be whispered about on the streets but are difficult to propagate in-game to a wider audience ('So-and-so was jumped in Pearl Lane today by that-other-guy over a gambling debt.' Etc.) And a calendar for related events, maybe.

An update for all the interested parties!

I've decided on the name 'Whispervine' (thanks to everyone for the wonderful suggestions!) and I've created a logo for the group. I've also snagged the LS in-game. 

I've started working on a small, membership-optional website for ease of networking purposes. If it works and people like it, we'll keep it. If not, we'll not! But everything's coming along, and hopefully I should be able to finish it all up and open up membership this weekend.

I think this is a great idea, but had a thought . I use to play in another game that used Twitter to communicate among groups . Something like this would work even better if there was a mass media outlet for people to connect to. 

Only way I could see using twitter would be as if it were a pearl to talk to others on, but something like this would word great using twitter as a means to send out information. 

Thoughts ?

That's a great idea, actually! I might just add it onto the to-do list. Though, full admission time, I'm absolutely terrible at Twitter. (I'm too rambly for 140 characters, dammit!) But if someone else in the future maybe wanted to start something up, I would not be opposed to discussing details!

The way they did it was, if you wanted something posted about you. You sent them a email or a DM via twitter. Every few days they would release a series of tweets as if this was what was being said on the streets. 

would love to see what other people thing about it as well.

Could definitely work. I've got something similar set up on the forums of the website, for people to post things they want others to be able to know and/or use ICly. But Twitter would be a good way to spread it out to people who aren't so keen on checking up on a forum~

Man, I'm loving all the shady/illicit RP stuff I'm seeing prop up all over the forums lately. Super exciting. :D

I'd totally be down to join up on this. I need about as many fellow criminals/morally questionable people as I can get to sate my desire for shady RP. I'll be watching out for the LS itself!

I don't have a Twitter account but I do have an Enjin one so I would prefer Enjin for that reason alone. I also don't really get how to use Twitter I mean, I'm sure I can figure it out if everyone else prefers that... :blush:

I feel your pain! I'm so Twitter ignorant that it hurts, haha. But yeah, I'm going the Enjin route. If the Twitter thing happens, it'll just be supplementary! No worries. c:

Hey everyone!

Another quick update to say that the linkshell is up and running, and the RPC entry is located here, and the optional website is here! I've still got a ton of work to do on the latter (holy busy weekend, batman!) but we're good to get things swinging, at least!

If you want an invite, please see the above links to either apply via the website or to see who all have invite ability currently. Thanks! :D

Ok so , I set up a twitter account for me , will mess around with it for a bit to see if this works

twitter.com/KhloeMoshroca

that is me on twitter now.

Its not hard to use twitter, basically you just follow people, take them by following them and using a @xxxx in your message, they will get an alert letting them know they were. I was a bit twitter ignorant when I first used it, but everyone starts somewhere. Hardest thing is to get your message in the limited characters, buts its suppose to be short quick messages.

anyway follow me if you have one, and i will add you back

Could definitely work. I've got something similar set up on the forums of the website, for people to post things they want others to be able to know and/or use ICly. But Twitter would be a good way to spread it out to people who aren't so keen on checking up on a forum~

Since I am new to the forums here, could you give me nudge or push to where I should post this ?

I would actually be very interested in the Linkshell, as our FC is made up of three 'pillars' and Ghost here oversees the third, which is literally made up of Crafters, Gatherers (Of items and information), shady folk and basically what you would call our public relations people, so these kind of networks would be idea for getting further integrated into the community and branching out further for more roleplay with people outside the FC. So please, feel free to toss me an invite when you are able to on Ardent Ghost. c:

I would actually be very interested in the Linkshell, as our FC is made up of three 'pillars' and Ghost here oversees the third, which is literally made up of Crafters, Gatherers (Of items and information), shady folk and basically what you would call our public relations people, so these kind of networks would be idea for getting further integrated into the community and branching out further for more roleplay with people outside the FC. So please, feel free to toss me an invite when you are able to on Ardent Ghost. c:

Here, I'll get you in game ASAP. But! We have a site, too! You should totally apply here, and help get the forums for it active, and what not. :D 

http://whispervine.enjin.com/home

One last, quick post here. I've made a list here of people that have expressed some interest in the LS, who I have yet to touch base with in-game. Here goes:

Rhuya'tan Maivha

Enzo Dubhthach

T'shina Vashka

Caelia Salinas

King Noxaelius

A'to Meme

Synglona Eyrinebbwyn

Aris Frey

Khloe Moshroca (Gotcha!)

Aerius Destroven

Ardent Ghost

Rhea Zaheela

I'll keep trying to get in contact with you all as time allows / as long as I keep remembering to check. But if you don't hear from me, feel just as free to hit me up on Xheja Rajhera or Meiko Amano! (Or ask the lovely miss E'shtola Halha for an invite as well!)