1. 1. Which city will you start in?

• Limsa-Lominsa
    • Ul'dah
    • Gridania

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have some influence, but since FFXIV seem to put so mucn focus on the freedom, I doubt they would limit it completely.

I know Iroh has been wondering the same, but I'm sure that, even if the main class hub is in one city, you'll have the possibility to pick another starting city too without nerfing yourself too much. That's just my speculations though.

I am thinking Limsa Lominsa.

Gridania screams Windrust to me and it looks confusing to navagate already!

Ul'Dah catches my interest...and would have been a great starting city for Azreiel had she been in ff14 and not 11! However I have not made up my mind.

I am leaning towards Limsa Lominsa right now. :study:

Well' date=' since I still have yet to figure out all of my planned characters personalities. Stanzie's the only one I know. And she'll be starting in Gridania (most likely).[/quote']

I'm just afraid it will be like Windurst...confusing and overly largly complicated...lol but we shall see....

Hmm,

So after reading the very end of the article on Ul'dah on Eorziapedia I might have to change my mind... It says that the Thaumaturge Guild is based in Ul'dah, which leads me to believe that it matters which starting city you pick based on your starting class. Am I jumping to conclusions?

Yes. I highly doubt they will make it that restrictive so one town is full of Thaum's and another is just full of Conj's etc etc. There will most likely be places that have their grandhall located in a town, but that doesn't mean you won't have group of npcs devoted to your skill choice in every town.