The Lucis Road is one full of Hell

Kage

Halp.

It was so much easier to get the Supra but the Lucis. Oh god the Lucis. Someone help me.

(everything is melded and my artisan's offhand is mostly Control+6 and Craftmanship+16 so I have like 463 Craft, 416 Control, 352 CP)

But I can't even reliably craft the NQ Lucis tokens ; ;

Oh oh oh. Someone gave me a pattern to use to HQ the Lucis tokens! It helped me out SO much!

1.) Comfort Zone and Inner Quiet, Activate Tricks of the Trade every time it comes up.

2.) Careful Synthesis II twice, Manipulation, Careful Synthesis II (this should put you one CSII away from completing it).

3.) Steady Hand II and Hasty Touch down to 20 Durability

4.) Manipulate and repeat step 3, keeping SHII and CZ up as much as possible.

5.) When you're at 20 Durability with... about 50ish CP left (you'll learn when to do this, you should hopefully have 8+ IQ stacks at this point) - Great Strides into Blessing of Byregot. If you have the CP for it, don't be afraid to Wait a turn or two to try and Byregot on a Good.

Also, remember, you can turn in the NQ failures back in for (most of) the mats. I'm sure you know that, but if you don't... you really should. The only materials I had to replace were the crystals and the Ferbanite for my Vulcan Lucis.

I found it tedious due to reliance on RNG, but I didn't find it too bad. It's significantly less stressful than the 4-star books, or even generic 3-star recipes, at least in my opinion.

The way I did it was thus: HQ Bouillabaisse for the food, and I used the following "rotation" for my Lucis tokens:

Comfort Zone

Inner Quiet

Steady Hand II

Hasty Touch x3

Master's Mend

Repeat ad nauseum and pray fervently to RNG. Hit as many Tricks of the Trade procs as you can. Good TotT procs can give you 3 full cycles of SHII + HTx3.

You'll want to go into your Byregot's rotation when you hit around 215 CP (iirc). Master's Mend back to 40 Durability, Steady Hand + Great Strides + Innovation + Ingenuity II + Byregot's Blessing. Good or Excellent after Great Strides means hit Byregot's immediately.

I'm sure there's a more efficient way of doing it somewhere, but this was simple enough for me to HQ the Lucis tokens with a measure of reliability.

Supra was hell because we were trying to HQ the item for the 4 star books at the same time so it became a Reclaim game.

Lucis is way, way better. I've got about a 90% success rate on the Lucis tool items using:

Opener

-Comfort Zone

-Inner Quiet

-Ingenuity 2

-Careful Synthesis 2

-Careful Synthesis 2

-Hasty Touch

The Meat

-Tricks of the Trade at every opportunity

-Manipulation at 10 durability

-Steady Hands 2 (always, always, always use it or Tricks of the Trade after Manipulation or else you'll break your craft)

-Hasty Touch x3

-Refresh Comfort Zone when it drops. You'll refresh at least once, but can often refresh another time if you get lucky with Tricks procs.

-Repeat Manipulation/Steady Hands 2 at 10 Durability until you have between 74-186 CP (Check math as I mentioned below)

The Finisher

When you'll finish with 20 Durability and 74-186 CP (My math may be off since I'm not in game to look, but what you want to look for is enough CP for Great Strides, Innovation, Byregot's Blessing but not enough for another Manipulation+Steady Hands 2 to go with them.

-Great Strides

-If Good/Excellent=Byregot's Blessing; If not, Innovation

-If Innovation last turn, Byregot's Blessing

-Careful Synthesis 2