Resigning from Intermission Leadership.

Ehh, the point of this topic is basically for me saying that I will be resigning from my leadership roll of Intermission/OoC.

The reason as to why I'm doing this? Well I'll just be honest and come out and say it. I didn't want to lead in the first place. I really only stepped up to cover Miyu's back from getting flamed during the OoC shenanigans. I will admit that I don't feel to much of a connection with the RP community or the OoC/Intermission shell in general (I really only RP about 25-45% of the time), so I feel unfit to lead something that I'm not overly passionate about. I also feel that being in this roll has caused me to earn quite a negative image and I really don't want to be burdened by it anymore, I would just like to have a clean slate so I can be myself again as I feel being in leadership of this shell has changed me and not in a good way. Some have also said they don't care for my methods of leadership and that's perfectly okay! I welcome the criticism but after so much I have honestly come to feel that I have run my course of holding the fort and would like to turn over leadership.

Short and sweet version.

1: because I don't think OoC/Intermission should be a dictatorship.

2: I think it may be better if the shell had a new leader each repearling.

3: It's just about that time again for another repearling.

4: I don't feel very connected to the RP Community and Ooc/Intermission shell, so I feel unfit to lead.

Anyways, with all that said and done... I'm going to be turning over leadership to Endricane Feltaro. Over the past few weeks he has done a marvelous job at getting old and new members into the shell. He has been vocal and very straight forward to assessing the members needs, he's passionate about RP and the community and I think he would be a fine leader for the next repearling.

Even though I may be resigning, I still feel that OoC/Intermission should still follow the guidelines that I posted in the previous topic as they seem to be working quite well and I think a lot of people were satisfied with those types of rules in place. This would mean that room would still be open for moderators and pearl holders who wish to step up. Any member that has been listed as a Pearl Holder will remain as one unless they say so otherwise. Only now all PM's will go through Endricane Feltaro instead of me.

I apologize for the sudden news but I really just feel burnt out and I think that it was best that I just came clean with everyone and let them know my true feelings on the matter.

Perfectly understandable. Leadership of anything is a thankless and extremely lonely burden. I completely understand what you mean by the deep desire for a "clean slate" and have been seeking such a thing myself for a year now. Sadly the burden of leadership catches up even to the most hardy of them all in some manner or another. When you feel like you're starting to alienate friends/comrades and make enemies because of your position, it can get quite frustrating and destroy your own morale.

Thank you for stepping up to keep the shell running following OOC's dissolving though. I'm sure I speak for a number of people when I say it was very much appreciated. I'm sure the shell will continue to flourish in its next, and future, incarnations.

I don't want to come off as rude, but I have been planning an event for the community in Gridania on Saturday, 4/7 at that time. Would you consider either conducting the re-pearling another night, or perhaps in tandem with the storytelling event (albeit quietly, in /p and /tells so as not to disrupt the stories)? That may work to your advantage as well, since there should [hopefully] be a decent number of RPers there.

More info: calendar.php?view=event&calEid=60

Thanks. :)