Racial Ages?

I am just wondering, has anyone looked into or figured out what the difference in Racial Ages may be? If any?

I kinda glanced around some wikis, along with tried to search the forums, but didn't see anything regarding ages of races.

So if anyone knows, please list them here. Maybe we could also add a page on the wiki concerning this.

Can you clarify what you mean?

Do you mean the ages that the individual races can live until (life span) or do you mean how long the races have been in Eorzea, when they settled, where they came from/evolved..?

Sorry for the lack of clarification there (blame writing that before fully cooling off from my walk - Desert heat, fun stuff).

I mean as in Lifespans. (EX): Hyrul's live to be say 80, while their adult years seen to be 16(or 18).

Stuff like that.

I was mostly trying to determine the maybe proper age of Vaeyln, outside of referring to saying: "In Hyrul terms I am around my 30s.", cause that may not even be necessary if Elezen age the same rate as a Hyrul.

Isn't there a lalafell from one of the quests who claims to be at least a thousand years old? If that's the case, the other races might have similar, longer, or even much much shorter life spans and rate of aging.

I feel that comparing the rate that Hyur's (or any race for that matter) age to how Humans age is a bit off since this is a fantasy after all and that in the world of XIV, a 40 year old Hyur could very much look like a 20 year old Hyur. Just my thoughts.

This should be a question for the next batch of lore-based questions to Square. Maybe the localization team will answer again like last batch.

I personally haven't seen any info yet on ages/life-spans, though I could have missed something.

As far as it goes, we don't really have any solid information on any of the races. Personally, I'd place the following based on racial stereotypes and cultures / ways of life. By no means accurate, and I'm sure most people have different ranges. This is just my own.

Midlanders: 90~100

Highlanders: 70~80

Miqo'te: 80~90

Roegadyn: 70~100

Elezen: 100~110

Lalafell: 150+, possibly 200+

The Lalafell Mtoto is talking about is actually over a hundred years old, not a thousand. That is to say, he was an adult before the said events - so he's probably around 130 years old. Based on the way he acts, he has a lot more life left in him as well.

The thing with Lalafell is their bodies don't age physically after they mature, so it's really impossible to tell one's age.

• 1 year later...

So this post is fairly old but it's a question that I felt was still relative (Especially when I'm trying to figure out ages for maturity, how old parents and siblings are, etc)

Has anyone seen some concrete info on this?  None of the racial pages on the Final Fantasy Wiki seemed to show anything.

Just curious =P

Sorry for the lack of clarification there (blame writing that before fully cooling off from my walk - Desert heat, fun stuff).

I mean as in Lifespans. (EX): Hyrul's live to be say 80, while their adult years seen to be 16(or 18).

Stuff like that.

I was mostly trying to determine the maybe proper age of Vaeyln, outside of referring to saying: "In Hyrul terms I am around my 30s.", cause that may not even be necessary if Elezen age the same rate as a Hyrul.

Just throwing it in here for good measure. The adjective of Hyur seems to be Hyuran, as in Hyuran culture and Hyuran cuisine. And the plural is just Hyur. Like so: I met one Hyur, I met a thousand Hyur.

More on topic though. This is from the Lodestone entry on Elezen.

"The Elezen are a characteristically tall people, long of limb and slender of build. They are also possessed of a somewhat extended lifespan in comparison to the Hyur."

(...)

Has anyone seen some concrete info on this?  None of the racial pages on the Final Fantasy Wiki seemed to show anything.

I have not noticed any direct or indirect mention of racial ages during questing yet, and my highest level character has reached level 49 already.