Favorite track in FFXIV so far?

Riven

I went with multiples, because reasons, and stuff and things.

Favorite Opening Theme: Answers.

Favorite Non-town theme: Theme of the Ninja, Brotherhood of Ash (Smoulder), Zenith.

Favorite NPC/Character Theme: Canticle, Dreams Aloft, Dewdrops & Moonbeams.

Favorite Raid (Non Boss) Theme: Syrcus Tower (Calm).

Favorite Quest Related: Crystal Tower Ending (Eternal Wind).

Favorite Town Theme: Ishgard Night Theme (Foundation).

Favorite Primal Theme: Tie between Garuda, Ramuh, Shiva (Phase 1).

Favorite Raid Boss Theme: Alexander Boss Theme.

Favorite Mount Theme: Magitek Armor's Terra Remix.

Favorite Dungeon Theme: Tam-Tara Deepcroft HM or Snowcloak.

Favorite Dungeon Boss Theme: Battle in the Big Keep.

Favorite Battle Theme: Heavensward Hunt & Heroic Moments.

The field music for the Churning Mists has taken its place as my absolute favorite! I've been known to dump gil on a teleport there just to soak in the sounds and atmosphere on my griffin. 

I love field music / map themes in general and "To the Sun" is a close second for field music (the piano version on From Astral to Umbral is perfect). Also that enigmatic final portion of "On Westerly Winds". 

Really, I can't get over how amazing the battle themes are in this game either - I am very partial to "Fallen Angel" but have a special soft spot for the Midgardsomr one because piano, how could you go wrong with that? I love that there's so much of that instrument in Heavensward and honestly, I couldn't gush more about all the new HW music. Soken and team really outdid themselves with that one.

/edit for special mention for the Foundation night theme. It played a major role in getting me to love the city and the whole Ishgardian storyline, despite my initial reservations about it.

5Ssnaiquvns

The only true answer to this question.

Just kidding! Shiva's 1st theme is and most likely will remain my all-time favorite track in this game. It is usually difficult for me to choose just one song from an already standout OST, but this song stands above all the rest for me, easily. It is a shame the worst song in the game has to follow it.

It's really difficult to pick out a single track when I like almost all of them quite a bit. With one or two exceptions I've been blown away by pretty much every track in the game so far. The new music is one of the things I look forward to the most with each patch.

Overall, though? If I had to pick three...

dJNR00QQKWs

dLRcuojE7Pc

Va5wEVrWBfk

I love Shiva's theme, and its usage was beyond perfect in that Heavensward scene.

noJiH8HLZw4

I'm also a big fan of Breaking Boundaries, and the slower version, Relics, that often accompanies it, and plays during pivotal moments in the plot, such as a certain character's death in Heavensward. They're very simple, but very effective. 

Dragoon job quest spoilers below:

RQ8yAEkUUgI

My favorite to play in Theatrhythm has to be Good King Moggle Mog's theme, though.

• 4 weeks later...

I love love love the theme for Shiva (pre-Diamond Dust track). It's so powerful and foreboding, it really makes you feel as though going up against the Queen of Ice is going to be some shit.

I am also a huge fan of the Pharos Sirius updated track (Light in the Storm I believe it's called?). Very enjoyable to listen to.