Docs Clinic [Open]

Nods to Xha'to's assumptions. 

" Yes....although draining her Aether is very risky and I would rather us leave it as a last resort for various reasons. I have a few ideas in mind, but yes we need to find out where it started in the first place. Meanwhile I am gonna make some notes for myself...I believe I have quite a lot of information on this in one of my Conjuring books on Tainted Aether and Voidsents.." she replies walking out of the room and grabbing the notebook from the chair she left in the office earlier and sits at a small table and desk to write.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evangeline squirms for a moment, looking guilty. "I ah... well you see." She clears her throat, "I might have... done a little something similar to..."

"Taking part in a ceremony to become a voidsent." She can't meet the doctor's eyes, "I changed my mind partway through... I thought I would be fine." 

"There was their blood, and some strange herbs... a knife. But nothing since!" She winces knowing how stupid this sounds.

"Well miss we wont judge you here. If that is the case the void is probably /chewing/ on your aether. We need to sever the tie by either starving it or sealing it. Starving it is something we can do right now."

he moved to grab his staff he used to channel spells. His face quite serious at this time.

"So what will it be? I can drain your aether for now and it will starve the beast, the sooner the better."

"Chewing?" She frowns, "You're right though, I haven't been able to use any aether at all lately. I wonder if that's where it's all going." 

She exhales, "What will the side effects be of starving it out? Will it affect me?"

"Chewing?" She frowns, "You're right though, I haven't been able to use any aether at all lately. I wonder if that's where it's all going." 

She exhales, "What will the side effects be of starving it out? Will it affect me?"

"Well no different than now, you wont be able to use aether until you refill your own stores as it were. I can lend some of mine but its only a temporary fix. You will more than likely become rather ill as the entity will start harming you to try and feed itself and we can treat you medically until it passes." he scratches one of his ears and gave her a pensive look.

"This is all we can do for now, but I promise if we go the starvation route you want die on our watch I can assure you of this."

Evangeline makes an annoyed huff, then nods, "Starvation it is, I suppose it's better than turning into a demon." 

"What do I need to do, Doctor?"

"Simple enough to start we will need to drain what remaining good aether you have." Xha motions to Elza and says in a calm voice. "We will need some sort of reliquary to hold the energy. I should have one in the cabinets. We should also need as much medication and aides on hand to take of her after."

Xha smiled back to Eva and awaited Elza to gather the necessary equipment. He offered her a hand to squeeze. "You will be okay." he said more reassuring himself.

Evangeline seems to grow more nervous by his attempts at placation, but she slowly nods. "O-of course, a reliquary." She exhales, and then squeezes his hand back. "You come highly recommended Ser. You and your clinic both." She gives a smile, "I'm sure I'll be fine."

Looks hesitant at Xha'to and walks over speaking to him.

" I-I really don't feel that this is the best solution...even if we watch her as her Aether restores itself, I know for a fact it is not risk free...." she says with concern and seriousness. " But, it is your decision and I will help treat her no matter as she is your patient. " she says going to find the supplies from the cabinet. 

She finds the supplies and set them down, still with a weary demeanor.

Turns to Elza "So what do you think then? Id love a second opinion." He stood to talk to her, motioning to Eva everything was fine.

"Dont worry bout stepping on toes either Elza her care is far more important than egos." He said with a light laugh and pat on her shoulder

" Well...if this was regarding anything else, I would fully agree to whatever you suggest. However, on the subject of Aether and anything in this regard, I feel I know...all to well..." she says almost with a hint of sadness in her voice. but continues speaking consistently. She takes a deep breath.

" This method could work, yes, depending on what we are dealing with here. However, if this void that is eating her Aether is on a larger scale, not only are we risking her health as it will make her weak, if it is bigger then we assume, we may not even be able to starve it and have to try to continue this process for weeks to even longer then that, which could greatly damage her health and risk....a lot..."

She tries to not look into Evangeline's face as to not to worry her.

" But, that being said, what I was thinking might be an option could be just as taxing. Just more so of risk for the caster vs. the patient.... "

He looks towards Evangeline with a smile. She starts to speak in a comforting tone.

" Well, by this I meant it is basically more work on the casting part to rid of the void, then the patients body. " she says to try and easy her mind. 

" However, like I said, my option is still a bit more taxing. If the void has not manifested itself deep enough into her, starving it would be a less..." she looks for the right words " dramatic and option. But that to, comes with risks..."

She looks up at Xha'to for his thoughts on this as her face gives off an unsure of expression herself.

He tapped his chin and a smile ran over his face he lifted a gloved hand mussing her hair up. "Well I will leave you to instruct me then, Id much rather us do more work for her safety what is it you had in mind?"

He squatted back down and awaited for her response.

Looks surprised at him and nods. 

"Well....personally I think that by the signs she shows, it's is definitely a bigger problem now as it has grown within her on her Aether and like you observed, is now tainted Aether. I believe, if it is this big, we might need to extract with with an excursionist from her body...and then if successful, we help restore her Aether amounts back to normal with some Aetherflow healing. "

She looks to Xha'to for a response to her opinion adding. " Although, it will take a day or two to make necessary arrangements for such a big ritual, any ideas you would have to at least pause the growth of the void in her for the temporary time being? "

"Well, I can use some alchemic potions to generate some aether for the creature feed on or we can put her into a sleep and hopefully in her sleeping state it will rest as well." he thought for a long moment scratching his ear. "I think a comatose state for a few days is the best with someone monitoring her. That way she isn't using any energy on anything but fighting the thing."

Nods to Xha'to in agreement. 

" That sounds like the best plan, yes." she looks down to Evangeline with hopeful eyes. " This  is of course, all if you agree to this. It is you who should ultimately decide on what feels right to you. No matter what you agree upon, we are here to aid you in whatever way possible. "

"A few days...?" She makes a few calculations, "That... I can manage that." 

She gives them a small smile, "A few days in exchange for my soul doesn't seem like too poor idea. Assuming this works, of course. Either way I will be in the both of your debts. If there is anything I can do in the future, you'll only have to ask."

"Well we will knock her out medically to keep her vitals up but low enough to keep her out. I have a few sleeping droughts in my cabinet fetch those and we can begin this part of the treatment. Then we will need to get everything to remove the Void creature." he nods to her and smiles to Eva to help keep her spirits up.

The Elezen shakes her head, "Those who I haven't told would be a danger if they knew, and those who I have have more important things to do than see me suffer for my mistakes."

She reaches over and pats the miqo'tes hand, "I'll be fine, I assure you." She clears her throat, "B-but... I wouldn't say no to a glass of brandy before I'm sent off. Medicinal reasons..."

Xha laughs and kindly obliges walking out of the room to his room, then coming back moments later with a bottle of brandy or some other dark liquor. "This was a gift I think this is a good reason to open." he opened the bottle and poured her a glass then corked it and set it aside.