Hello there.

Hi there. I'm looking for something new to do since the recent collapse of my FC. I'm looking for ways to make the game fun again. I've been role playing a long time but I've never tried role playing in an MMO. So I'm not certain where or how to start. So any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

Hello there! RPing in an MMO isn't much different than RPing anywhere else. :) The first step is probably getting a good grasp of the game's lore. As someone who's already been playing, you should know the gist of things, but if you'd like to refresh your memory or delve deeper, you can find some information on the wiki and forums here.

Check the events lists, there are usually a lot of weekly social events around that can help you get into the flow of RP. It can be a bit overwhelming to keep up with emotes, so you might want to go either early or a bit later when things start to die down a bit.

Also, just in case you didn't know, /em is the preface for emoting in Final Fantasy. When I first came in, I just used /e and it did nothing. Just looked really awkward for a few minutes.

Hey there! :) 

Feel free to contact me in-game or here on the RPC if you like, I can pull you into some RP whenever. It's pretty easy! My FC often has some casual RP going on around our FC house, which is set up as an inn and tavern, so it's easy for us to help newcomers "get their feet wet" so to say. We're active every night (US "night" times, to be clear) and often have daytime activity, too, and we're very welcoming towards others even if they aren't looking to join us. Hopefully we can be of some help!

At the very top of the page, if you click "Wiki", it takes you to the wiki site associated with the RPC. You can log in there using the same credentials you use here (it should pre-register you when you sign up here). To create your character's page, use the search box in the upper right corner to search for your character name (be sure to type it exactly). The website should return a result which says the character page doesn't exist, and asks if you want to create it - just tell it you do, and there you go. :)

I recommend using a simple format for your wiki page to begin with. You can always change it to a complex one with tabs and such sometime in the future. A lot of people try to start with a fancy format and end up getting bogged down by it and never even finish their wiki bio.