Extremely Chill Au Ra Thaumaturge Needs Some Acquaintances

Hi. I'm going to pretend that I didn't vanish off the face of the planet for the better part of a year.

im-such-a-good-friend.gif

Anyway, I finally have my Au Ra. I also even bothered to write a wiki. That saves me having to figure out all the stuff to write here. Cause we all know I'm terrible at that. Before I start rambling:

>> Here is the link to my glorious work! <<

In a nutshell for those who clicked that and just went, "TL;DR": Gan is probably the most relaxed, easygoing person I have written ever. He is passionate about magic and aether manipulation of any sort as well as anything remotely creative. Music is one of his number one things and he plays the flute! Always has it on hand. Alwayyys.

He is constantly fascinated with other cultures and anyone with any sort of stories or insight on anything foreign to him is immediately loved. He's ever curious about everything and interested in nearly anything. Only thing he is bad at is small talk.

Anyway, I don't want to spend too much time reiterating things already covered in that nifty link.

How Can We Make Connections Happen?

• Your character has spent any sort of time in the Thaumaturge Guild.
    Gan likes to frequent the place, though he typically does so at weird hours of night. It's kind of a way for him to wind down.

• Your character is from Othard.
    Gan was born and raised in Othard and was a part of a tribe. Through, he was prone to sneaking away to explore various places. It's plausible he could have come across many things.

• Your character is aware of the destruction of his tribe.
    I won't list too many details here, but if you are interested in being a part of his past and maybe even possibly his old tribe, just let me know.

• Perhaps they bumped into each other in travels.
    Gan explores and wanders a lot! Maybe he bumped into some wandering adventurers, participated on a job to explore some secret ruins, shared a drink or played his flute for people in a random inn! The possibilities here are endless and we can brainstorm some history together!

• Any ideas you might have!
    I am extremely open to any sort of ideas you might come up with or think might fit as any form of connection! Don't hesitate to toss an idea out. I will more than likely excitedly agree to it.

• You just want to meet with no premise!
    Don't care about background and just want to RP! Great! Let me know!

My Availability

I tend to be more active in early evening to late night. My timezone is EST and I almost never sleep. Either way, my schedule is pretty flexible, though there may be times where I'm quiet cause of real life! I try to keep people updated on that, though.

If you're still here, you're awesome. Hopefully I will hear back from some people! Also if I left something out, just let me know. I'm no good at this!

Nanagi is a fellow Thaumaturge and Aether Researcher.

She trained at the Thaumaturge guild, but has since completed her training. However, that doesn't me she makes frequent visits. With all the books they have there, it's hard to stay away. If you want to learn more about her, you can find the wiki in my signature.

I'm also EST and usually available in the evenings to late nights. I'm find with both forum and in-game RP, though find myself being slightly more available for forum RP.

Hopefully, we can work something out.

Nanagi is a fellow Thaumaturge and Aether Researcher.

She trained at the Thaumaturge guild, but has since completed her training. However, that doesn't me she makes frequent visits. With all the books they have there, it's hard to stay away. If you want to learn more about her, you can find the wiki in my signature.

I'm also EST and usually available in the evenings to late nights. I'm find with both forum and in-game RP, though find myself being slightly more available for forum RP.

Hopefully, we can work something out.

Just gave your wiki a read! I can do either forum or in game as well! Forum might also be slightly more convenient as I can bang it out at pretty much any time of day or when I have low availability in game. But I'm equally open to both!

Perhaps we could have them bump into each other at the Guild, either over books or just in general!

Hiya, welcome back!

I'd be happy to RP on any of my girls sometime! Their wikis are in my signature. Arata seems the most fitting, but I'll leave it up to you!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Just gave your wiki a read! I can do either forum or in game as well! Forum might also be slightly more convenient as I can bang it out at pretty much any time of day or when I have low availability in game. But I'm equally open to both!

Perhaps we could have them bump into each other at the Guild, either  over books or just in general!

Since it seems to be most convenient for the both of us, i'll go ahead and just send a quick PM.

A thaumaturge and a musician, who's interested in magic and stories? L'yhta must meet this fellow!

Let's make this happen! We should toss them at each other as soon as possible!

Hiya, welcome back!

I'd be happy to RP on any of my girls sometime! Their wikis are in my signature. Arata seems the most fitting, but I'll leave it up to you!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Will give your wikis a read ant message you back! Might be a bit of a wait cause I have to head out soon, but will get to it today!

Perhaps we could have them bump into each other at the Guild, either over books or just in general!

Since it seems to be most convenient for the both of us, i'll go ahead and just send a quick PM.

Got it!

Still working on connections myself

(Not to leach off of your thread or anything)

But I'd be cool with meeting up whenever, wiki is in my signature if you're interested but feel free to either PM or send me a /tell ingame if you want to meet up.

Thanks.

Edit: Whoops, fixed.

But I'd be cool with meeting up whenever, wiki is in my signature if you're interested but feel free to either PM or send me a /tell ingame if you want to meet up.

Thanks.

I could just be blind, but I don't see a sig?

Heyo friendo. I've got an aging not-samurai on the way to Balmung, I'd love to shoot the shit with your character. Being a native of Doma, he's still not used to how heavy with aether Eorzea is, and thinks magic in general is kind of weird. A bit of an antagonistic/inquisitive dynamic seems like it'd be fun, as does the aspect of cultural exchange between a Xaela and a Raen. The musician bit also sounds fun, as my character considers himself an aesthete and travels Eorzea for inspiration.

He's also something of a traditionalist who looks down on the pig-disgusting gaijins for their barbarous ways.

He doesn't have a wiki at the moment because I'm lazy, but maybe we can talk shop sometime. I'd love to do pretend-play of a grouchy old Japanese man.

Thanks.

Edit: Whoops, fixed.

Hey! I gave your wiki a read and I think the two of them could definitely be interesting around each other. Similar, yet different! Will toss you a PM!

Xanadu is also both an au ra and a thaumaturge but she's a tad anti-social. >_>

I'm sure we could come up with something that at least gets Gan talking! He might do enough of it under the right circumstances!

Heyo friendo. I've got an aging not-samurai on the way to Balmung, I'd love to shoot the shit with your character. Being a native of Doma, he's still not used to how heavy with aether Eorzea is, and thinks magic in general is kind of weird. A bit of an antagonistic/inquisitive dynamic seems like it'd be fun, as does the aspect of cultural exchange between a Xaela and a Raen. The musician bit also sounds fun, as my character considers himself an aesthete and travels Eorzea for inspiration.

He's also something of a traditionalist who looks down on the pig-disgusting gaijins for their barbarous ways.

He doesn't have a wiki at the moment because I'm lazy, but maybe we can talk shop sometime. I'd love to do pretend-play of a grouchy old Japanese man.

Oooh! They're dynamic could be pretty cool considering they will have some different outlooks and he will likely be interested in people from Doman culture! I'd love to set something up.