Events You Always Wanted to See Happening

So yeah, I figured, let us all make a list of shit you always wanted to see happening on Balmung, but you never ended up doing for whatever reason.

And maybe make them happen anyhow.

• Rhalgr Praising; the proper Ala Mhigan/Fist of Rhalgr way.

I'm talking here nothing about friendship, how destruction makes way for new life, how the Destroyer is actually a very benevolent, nice God according to some. No, proper "Murder Garleans, fuck the nobles, purge weakness, death to Nymeia's flock, burn the Corpse Brigade, only the strong will survive" type of ordeal.

I always wanted to have something focused on the little blurb of "Fist of Rhalgr are savages" event. No place for discussion type of deal, seeming I have intended it for the brutal Ala Mhigan lot, and people who are prone to give a lip most likely will be murdered on the spot. Perhaps some outsiders who worship Rhalgr, or some are interested, but I don't think this would be the logical place to go whine about the practices and speeches taking place there. Maybe some happy Garlean, Corpse Brigade sacrifices. Really more going towards the practise of Ala Mhigans being ruthless people. Fanatics and people who wish to observe them (and capable of keeping their lips sealed if they object). Maybe not even observers, I'm not sure.

• Remembrance of the Death

Why I never really see events like this is a shame. My old roleplay community had a few every year, they worked great. Keep roleplay in party chat ect. Let some people who wish to have speeches address the crowd; mostly priests of the Twelve come in mind. Something religious focused at the same time.

Our old community used to write notes to their loved ones, and burned at the end of the event. It can be a nice writing exercise at the same time. Notes don't have to be written, and you can simply said your character wrote something, or you can actually write them, post them on the RPC, or tumblr or wherever you want to, or not.

• More Illegal Fighting Pits + IC bets

This was a huge success on one of my old old old roleplaying communities. Bets IC were being placed on people every week, outcomes ended up being rigged from time to time, people who rolled NPC characters for this purpose sometimes ended up murdered on 'accident' ect. Of course PC would be welcome as well. In truth due to Balmung's terrible character creation, I expect mostly PCs to be in there. /roll will be used mostly of the time, unless two people came to an agreement before the fight.

Keep it to a few fighters, so the event doesn't drag out.

Basically for people who are low on gil IC, or like betting, or Lanista and Gladiator scum wanting some roleplay in as well. No OOC gil involved.

So well, that were just some things I had in mind. Now Balmung, toss me your ideas around, and see if we can make some of this happen someday perhaps.

Well, I personally would like a return or revival of the Sacramentum event, or basically a 'primal hunt' event of some sort.

The Sacramentum was basically an RP event where a group of people would gather up to go defeat a revived primal(usually on Extreme difficulty, and unsynched).

Of course dealing with a primal meant you had to be protected from tempering. Either you could have the Echo, or you'd need to be fully clothed in a way to aetherically seal yourself(or some other similar shielding).

The event kept going for a while until last Christmas where it went on break, but when it came back, it was like, barely enough people paid attention to it again.

I'd kinda want that event to happen again, as it helped do some nice RP progression for my Summoner character.

So yeah, I figured, let us all make a list of shit you always wanted to see happening on Balmung, but you never ended up doing for whatever reason.

And maybe make them happen anyhow.

• Rhalgr Praising; the proper Ala Mhigan/Fist of Rhalgr way.

I'm talking here nothing about friendship, how destruction makes way for new life, how the Destroyer is actually a very benevolent, nice God according to some. No, proper "Murder Garleans, fuck the nobles, purge weakness, death to Nymeia's flock, burn the Corpse Brigade, only the strong will survive" type of ordeal.

I always wanted to have something focused on the little blurb of "Fist of Rhalgr are savages" event. No place for discussion type of deal, seeming I have intended it for the brutal Ala Mhigan lot, and people who are prone to give a lip most likely will be murdered on the spot. Perhaps some outsiders who worship Rhalgr, or some are interested, but I don't think this would be the logical place to go whine about the practices and speeches taking place there. Maybe some happy Garlean, Corpse Brigade sacrifices. Really more going towards the practise of Ala Mhigans being ruthless people. Fanatics and people who wish to observe them (and capable of keeping their lips sealed if they object). Maybe not even observers, I'm not sure.

• Remembrance of the Death

Why I never really see events like this is a shame. My old roleplay community had a few every year, they worked great. Keep roleplay in party chat ect. Let some people who wish to have speeches address the crowd; mostly priests of the Twelve come in mind. Something religious focused at the same time.

Our old community used to write notes to their loved ones, and burned at the end of the event. It can be a nice writing exercise at the same time. Notes don't have to be written, and you can simply said your character wrote something, or you can actually write them, post them on the RPC, or tumblr or wherever you want to, or not.

• More Illegal Fighting Pits + IC bets

This was a huge success on one of my old old old roleplaying communities. Bets IC were being placed on people every week, outcomes ended up being rigged from time to time, people who rolled NPC characters for this purpose sometimes ended up murdered on 'accident' ect. Of course PC would be welcome as well. In truth due to Balmung's terrible character creation, I expect mostly PCs to be in there. /roll will be used mostly of the time, unless two people came to an agreement before the fight.

Keep it to a few fighters, so the event doesn't drag out.

Basically for people who are low on gil IC, or like betting, or Lanista and Gladiator scum wanting some roleplay in as well. No OOC gil involved.

So well, that were just some things I had in mind. Now Balmung, toss me your ideas around, and see if we can make some of this happen someday perhaps.

I second the pit fighting.

I like the Fist of Ralgh idea. We need more lore/fluff oriented events...

Maybe some kind of Calamity remembrance event?

What kind of lore events can be found in each city state? Stuff pretty specific to them that they would celebrate or mourn?

I would definitely go to lore events...