Hello there

Dax

Hello I'm a sort of shy rper. I get a little intimidated about walk ups because I've had several strings of bad experiences in other games. 

But about me. Back in 2013 I decided to try FF14 and I rolled some characters, namely a Miqo'te seeker of the sun named Resh'a Relenah on Balmung. The group I was playing with had a player that was pretty nasty to me when I'd get lost in the game so I quit.

Fast forwards to now. a few friends are playing and I'm trying the game again. This time I'm trying my hand at bringing back an old character of mine. An older scholarly type.It turns out that he fits into an Old duskwight elzen perfectly.  And I'm having fun again. But I'm still pretty shy. And I'm lost on where I can read up on lore so I'm reading the quests to try and figure out lore in game. 

So Hello there!

And I'm lost on where I can read up on lore so I'm reading the quests to try and figure out lore in game.

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! Lore is kind of difficult to read up on for this game because it comes spread out over the entirety of the game in little snippets, oftentimes from unreliable narrators. So you kind of have to piece together a lot of little tiny puzzle pieces of lore to get the full picture. Which is what I've tried to do in some of these starter kit posts I've made for newer members. Hopefully, it'll help you out as well! ^^ If you have more questions, feel free to ask them here or in the RPC's Lore Forums!

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit

-Racial Lore Compilation

-Class/Job Lore Compilation

-Hydaelyn Geography Lore

-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore

-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore