[3 May 2016] Introducing the Requests and Feedback Forum

Hi RPC,

If you've seen the main page, you may have noticed we have a new forum up on the top, the Requests and Feedback forum! (Currently in testing).

This forum is a little different than the others both in function and in use.

First of all, the only people who can see your threads are you and the staff. It is a place to open dialogue on feature requests, site suggestions, feedback, issues, or anything else you would want to send in a PM to the RPC staff, but somewhere a little easier to track than your PMs. It also means there's less chance of your PM getting lost or not responded to in a timely manner.

Second, posts in this forum will not show up in the Latest Threads sidebar, which was causing a display bug when we attempted to do similar functionality on another forum. This means you don't need to worry about other users even seeing that you've created a thread, as they would not normally see it in the forum index.

If you notice that you can see other people's posts (besides staff) or have any questions about the forum, feel free to ask here, ask there, or ask in PMs to me directly.

Known Issues

• If a user has a thread, the last post avatar will show the icon of whoever last posted, regardless of access to read it or not.

I noticed there is a slight graphics bugs? I only see my thread buttttt

it might display someone else's icon in Last Post.

For example, my test thread has you as the last post but it's not your icon.

I noticed there is a slight graphics bugs? I only see my thread buttttt

it might display someone else's icon in Last Post.

For example, my test thread has you as the last post but it's not your icon.

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of that?

We use a few plugins to make avatars show up in the thread listings/index. There could be a coding bug where it doesn't accommodate permissions. (If it ever only shows you a staff face, that might be acceptable, but if you can see nonstaff avatars, that may be an issue)

Update

I can't make the avatar match up correctly, so it's been blanked for this forum.

Previously, if User A made a thread and User B made a thread, neither could see the content, but both could see who's thread was updated last on the Index page of the RPC because the last_post icon would still show up for the last user (without question) who posted there, private or not.

Now, all users will just see a blank box where the icon should be.

Update 11 May 2016

It was brought to my attention that the Activity, Profile and Thread tabs in user profiles where still showing post/thread information for Requests and Feedback.

After some careful poking and prodding, I believe I've managed to hide those entries. Publicly viewable information should continue to work, but please let me know if this is not the case.