New to MMORPG RP and FFIV!

Hello, hello! It's nice to meet you~

So this is my first post of hopefully many!

A little about myself:

• I live in NH, to any fellow New Englanders... It's a wicked pissah to meet ya'!
  • I've never RP'd in an MMO before, but I have dabbled in RP in my early teens (Gaia Online *shudders!*)
  • I love creative writing! I also love watching anime and reading manga in my spare time.

I don't know much about the FFIV lore, but I'm reading as much as I can!

I'd like to RP a healer/mage who is proficient in magic, to the point that elements would seep through. e.g. When angry the tips of her hair start to flare; when excited - sparks of electricity, etc... She's often has a stoic attitude to keep things in check.

(Think Elsa but with all the elements?)

Each character should have a flaw, so perhaps she is afraid of going too far with her abilities, so she tries to make up for it by being a healer?

What do you think?

Also, anything you'd recommend for a first time RPer?

Welcome aboard.

I live in PA, does that count? (not really)

Role play is a fun way to fanfiction/creative write! Gods I barely remember Gaia beyond the only way people seem to make any money for outfits was to sell art x_X - I was more a Neopets person.

I really like how you talk about strengths and weaknesses together; I find that makes for a good character base. There's a basic Intro Handbook written that helped me quite a bit with understanding how some things in Eorzea work.

Other tips to start out:

- Not every post has to fill up the all the characters. If all you can think up is one line, go for it. Keeping the flow of RP writing is just as good as content.

- Most everyone is shy, so don't be afraid to say hello.

- Check out some of the events and 'listen' for awhile to warm up. 

Again welcome!

Jancis already pointed you at the book.

You already have a concept and some visuals which is good. I would suggest going for normal over extraordinary, and think about flaws over special abilities.

Someone once said this to me and I keep it to heart.. "Ordinary folks, in extraordinary situations". Though some do like ordinary situations (this is called slice of life RP).

Which server are you on? I recommend finding other RPers through Linkshells that are like an in game chat channel and you can have 8, and a Free Company is like a Guild.

Hello, hello! It's nice to meet you~

So this is my first post of hopefully many!

A little about myself:

• I live in NH, to any fellow New Englanders... It's a wicked pissah to meet ya'!

*stops reading*

We need to RP immediately! I'm in NH, too. We are neighbors :D

Woohoo! Another person on Gilgamesh! Welcome to the RP scene, and I hope you enjoy it! I'm new here myself, but I have a lot of experience with RP! If you wanna meet some people, I'd say to go on the general chatroom so you can talk to them. Past that, just have fun and be yourself (Well, and your character too :P)