Suen Shyu

I. Basic Info 

• Characters: Suen Shyu
  • Primary character: Suen Shyu
  • Linkshells:Europa, Aeon (restricted), Lemieux (restricted)
  • Primary RP linkshell: None (yet)

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy most of the time, baring a few breaths of air of course. I am always happy to have RP and will actually always put it before anything else (if I'm queued for something or apparently afk or busy, don't hesitate to poke me and I'll probably switch happily for a little RP!). I try to play supportive characters, and that goes more or less the same way for the player behind. I will try to adapt to whoever I'm playing with (up to certain limits). Either way, I'll try to catch the hooks your characters can bring and roll with it, and if not, then my character has her own storyline going providing hooks as well. Length of paragraphs in my ingame RP can vary a lot depending on what my character has to say and the mood she's in. I'm pretty organic when it comes to that, and I don't mind people that are super descriptive or very short in their answers. Just don't spamm me with one-word sentences in quick succession please!

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Strong believer in IC actions bringing consequences, so I'm open to injuries and anything that could happen if it makes sense. Death and serious mutilation though, would need my consent (death is a clear cut no for now though). I don't believe in any combat system more than another most of the time. I'm fine with rolls, character sheets or free flowing RP with OOC coordination behind, be it RP pve or RP pvp. I'm also wary of the roleplayers that tend to do pve combat like players and not actual roleplayers (meaning emoting how awesome their characters actions are, or like if they are RPing to win and therefore playing like gamers instead of playing their characters).

• Views on IC romance:
    Romance is a powerful storytelling tool, but a tool like any other. Nonetheless, OOC coordination behind is mandatory, and I would rather engage in serious IC relationships with people I trust to share the same views. I expect from romance not to only bring happiness and rainbows, but its lot of hardships as well: my character has flaws and will probably not always be the perfect partner there is, like in real life! Maybe some things will not last, maybe some will actually do. In the case of Suen, she tends to separate casual flirt with serious romance. In any case I'm open to it and my character can be pretty liberal about it. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Don't hesitate to tell me! Be it business, family ties, or just gridanian common history. It's actually quite a nice little tool to provide lots of substance and hooks for characters to hang out together or do stuff, be it friendly or confrontational. 

• Views on lore:
    Strict. No lore breaking. I love and respect the lore and I expect the same from my RP partners. I don't consider lore-bending actually to be a thing (or very specific, like different lore interpretations), and to me there is mostly lore breaking or world building (expanding on existing lore). I'm fine with the latter, but not okay with the former. I can be picky about realism and coherence. I'm not looking for characters that are OP/godmodey/awesome or that reach unrealistic expectations. I'm all for modest, everyday people, that feel human with flaws and qualities.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Everything that is not specific OOC Linkshells or OOC party chat, I consider IC... BUT only when we are actually roleplaying, in a RP setting. If it's out of a RP setting and/or I'm walking around in pve stuff, everything is OOC for me. Don't hesitate to reach me out though, if you want to set up something, and I'll gladly jump into my RP attire and start using /emote /tell /say /party as IC (unless said otherwise, or with brackets).

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:GMT +1
  • Contact info:Anything you would like. MP here or ingame, or skype if you have something serious in mind.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

Currently still motivated and trying to get that project off the ground. I am also interested into a potential FC built around that, but I reckon that the concept is probably way too specific for that and am thinking to expand on it. I would really love to create something around a group of independent sky tinkerers with various 'underground-harmless' activities like racing, tinkering, a workshop of sorts, magitek activities, and why not doing mech jobs for other organizations as well. Looking for something with flavour!

Don't hesitate to reach me out if interested!

Oh, that sounds cool! Celise would be interested in a manacutter racer; I'm not sure she'd go as far to join an FC around it but she'd love to look at one sometime.

Sadly, I'm still well before HW content. Alas! I miss flying.

I was mainly thinking to start up with a linkshell of sorts to kick that up. Get interested people together, talk about the concept and try to refine it, that kind of things. I'm definitely not deadset on everything, but the dream would be to get a group of likeminded people to do something around it. I also reckon that my timezone might be an issue...

I'll try to get in touch with you!