Hello!

I am a new transfer from Gilgamesh server hoping to get in touch with an active RP/social FC.

My character's name is Alexander Castle. He is a spunky yet quite Lalafell who has been an Arcanist since he started adventuring.

Alexander was first "made" on the Gilgamesh server but has recently transferred to Balmung server in search of groups to RP with as well as a social community within the game.

--MMORPG background

- My first MMO was FFXI which I played on and off from release until earlier this year.  I have also played WoW on and off since Wrath.  I have tried out many MMOs including GW2, Tera, Wildstar, ESO, etc. but none of them hold my attention quite like FFXI, FFXIV, and WoW.

--RP experience

- I have only tried RPing once or twice during my time playing WoW on the Moonguard server.  Even if I wasn't actively RPing, I liked watching others do it.

--Character ideas/info

- I liked being someone "normal" when I was RPing in WoW.  It's difficult to toe the line between normal and Mary Sue but I like for my character to be more about his personality instead of the power he wields. 

Because of my character's name, I am unsure of whether I should start over or get a name change.  I have always loved the name Alexander and Alexander is my favorite summon in the FF series.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

- I have heard about the Hydaelyn Coalition before from Reddit but honestly forgot about it since it was almost impossible to get into Balmung without server transferring.  I asked, on Reddit, about RPing and they suggested I try here again since I just transferred to Balmung.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

- I was thinking I would be a medium style RPer.  

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

- I'm basically a perpetual college student.  I am transferring schools and depending if I get into the college I want, I will either be a junior or senior getting his degree in social work.

Lmao you and I are in the same boat, Alexander! (Though, techinically you're ahead of me by already transferring XP ) Anywho, welcome and hey! I honestly can't wait to finally have a character there and find some decent RP social circles too...

--RP experience

- I have only tried RPing once or twice during my time playing WoW on the Moonguard server.  Even if I wasn't actively RPing, I liked watching others do it.

I watched quite a bit of RP on WoW as well! On Moon Guard! The glorious travesty that it was.

My RP mostly on there was brief and limited to civilian commentary as a blood elf priestess disgusted with weakness (but mostly I was a raider in Iron Dragon).

Compared not going to find as many off the wall dragons-thrall-child-pregnant death knights, but there's a lot of variety in social RP, merchant RP, bard RP (this is big right now) and adventure RP! Lots of medium avenues to persue!

Welcome aboard!

I watched quite a bit of RP on WoW as well! On Moon Guard! The glorious travesty that it was.

Oh god, Moon Guard....one of the few RP servers  I will actually refuse to play on, and I've played in Celestial Hills of Tera! Yeah, that place is nuts...

Hiiiii and welcome! I also just transferred here from another server, just like you! c:

The RP is really interesting to watch so far, like Eroll said, different. There was a 'Grindstone' outside Ul'dah on Saturday and that was really cool, and it was great to see how the ambient noise changed from silent to lots of people chatting as it filled up. IMMERSION!

It's really cool to see that it's not all 'sitting in taverns and parks talking' like a lot of my WoW experience was...I hope you enjoy it!

Welcome!

I def recommend checking out the event page! As someone already the Grindstone (which is physical roll combat), there is also one for mages that is pretty popular! Runestone is on Sundays and focuses on magically combat. There are many tavern scenes (soon to run once a month myself.) One of my faves tho is Gilded Roses, they do a performance piece along with the average tavern - which is neat and I think adds something extra. Sword and Skillet is another fun one I try to make when I can.

If you are inclined to the hunting scene - keep an eye out for The Festival of the Hunt. My partner and I run that one. We only do it each season tho - so next one will be in October!