Body Mass and the Aetherotransformer

I might have a pretty good question here, spurred by a discussion I was having with a friend and related to Steel's recent adventures.

I understand that the aetherotransformer feeds off of a person's aether in order to power certain devices as well as some of their shots. What I was curious about is whether or not there was a correlation between a person's body mass and how effective the aetherotransformer works.

Steel's a big, strapping gal as many know, so I would assume perhaps there's more aether for her battery to draw from. Which maybe could make some of her shots nore powerful? That's not to say that the tech of the musketoon firearm isn't otherwise a factor, and it's also not to infer that Steel will pull a Yuna and slip in to some hot pants and start somersaulting around while firing a gun....

...much as some folks might like that image....

Still, it's a curiosity - does being bigger, either in stature or girth, mean the aetherotransformer works better?

I've always figured the amount of usable aether a person has is independent of their physical stature. After all, there's plenty of powerful Lalafellan mages and they don't seem to have any shortcomings due to their size in that regard. As such, I'd figure mass doesn't play a factor at all... unless you're tapping into the aether that's, y'know, helping keep you alive - which as we've seen in the Conjurer quest chain is a pretty big no-no.

For a person, yeah, stature wouldn't have a big factor I would think either. That person is in control of that sorta thing...but does that also translate in to a machine as well?

And if it does, could it be "overclocked" as a result of a larger person's aetheric signature?

For a person, yeah, stature wouldn't have a big factor I would think either. That person is in control of that sorta thing...but does that also translate in to a machine as well?

And if it does, could it be "overclocked" as a result of a larger person's aetheric signature?

I would think that it also translates, as you can't draw on aether that isn't there. The machine would be drawing on that aetheric well the person has and otherwise might have difficulty tapping into. A well whose size is independent of the size of the person.

Overclocking, I would figure, would be highly dangerous. As that means it's either pulling more of your aether more rapidly - draining your well faster than it would otherwise - or draw on your life force aether as well, which is likely worse. Again, looking at the Conjurer quest line. All purely personal conjecture, of course.

As far as I know aether personal reserves have nothing to do with body mass. Anyone can be born lucky with a big aether connection or born unlucky with almost none (like one of the coco brothers).

The aetherotransformer merely taps into that reserve. If you pull too much off that reserve, it will kill a roe as surely as it would a lala, if their aether reserve is similar.