Seeking RP Connections and Friends

Long overdue, but after falling back into the swing of things (somewhat) after a return from a 6 month hiatus from the game, I've been thinking long and hard about getting back in the RP saddle again, and after hesitating too much, as is my nature, I'm finally trying to put myself out there~

RP contacts would be great, and OOC contacts would be wonderful as well! I spend most of my days solo since many on my friends list seem to no longer play the game, so I'm looking to make some new friends and meet as many of the wonderful people on Balmung as I can. I have a small number of characters to offer, though sadly most of them are still WIP since I lack actual field experience with any of them (plus two of them are still baby alts who haven't completed the original MSQ). Now without further ado, here are my current characters:

[align=center]Yune Tabrisviel - ("Yoon")[/align]

[align=center]IfWyRdt.jpg[/align]

Yune is my baby and my main. Her Wiki is up but is a major WIP after attempting an overhaul with the format and the information, but her backstory is up as well as a few extra tidbits here and there, but it is far from complete. Also, the pic is OOC but I lack anything better at the moment. >_<

A quiet and kind twenty-eight year old from the country in La Noscea, Yune is at present dwelling in the Eastern region to help out a Seeker friend and their tribe as they try to adjust after splintering off from their original tribe. She assists as a teacher of the children, mainly in helping them learn the letters and words of the common language, but is pretty much an extra hand for babysitting so the rest of the small tribe can take care of business. Some might imagine she would be geared more towards Slice of Life RP, but she has had an adventurous past behind her, littered with darker themes.

[align=center]Umeyae Kakurei - ("Oo-may-yah-ae")

7B0s5Ly.jpg[/align]

Umeyae is one of those said WIPs with no actual field experience, but my thoughts for her lean towards Sharlayan affiliations with a Doman roots in earlier years. In her mid-thirties, she works now as a mere researcher under Sharlayan tutelage and is nothing special in terms of hierarchy or wealth. She was born into an isolated mountain village that focused on its religious practices, and she was intended to become a priestess of one of their divine households, but disaster struck in early teenage years that led she and others to flee the land by sea, only to be inevitably saved by Sharlayan scholars traveling for the sake of their research. Spending the next portion of her life with the Sharlayans, she has naturally become a seeker of knowledge, and is a bit of a foodie. A highly curious and adventurous individual, Umeyae hardly conforms to any one culture or ideal as her curiosity and plain desire to "know things" drives her to experience life and all its wonders.

I have a male Au Ra who is associated to Umeyae's original village, and he'll be active once I can get the fantasia/name change for a retired alt, but the basic idea behind him is that he is a guardian type who now dabbles in crafts and tinkering.

[align=center]Ranshe Mei - ("Ran-shay May")

dyb2MKk.png[/align]

Ranshe is a newer character created to be a little more "traditional" in regards to Doman/Raen lore, unlike Umeyae who strayed into another culture.

My concept behind her plays on the theme of "culture shock" after being forced to flee her city after displays of Garlean aggression, and was the daughter of a magistrate of some other official within the Scholar-gentry. Though as her father remarried some years after the passing of Ranshe's mother, his new wife wanted little to do with her in order to grant more favor and opportunity to her own daughters. After some gentle manipulation, Ranshe was sent away to reside with her mother's family, a pharmacist and his very-spiritual wife. In a more humble setting, Ranshe thrived with more-loving relatives, and while she could not learn the trade of medicine from her grandfather, her grandmother taught her the value and trade of hospitality, with some side dabbling of common divination.

At current, I imagine she knows little-to-none of the Eorzean language, though I'm not sure how difficult it is to truly Roleplay with the detriment of a language barrier. Because of this, I had a thought to try to find a group of Au Ra who came over to Eorzea together, but with so many groups already pretty well-established, I'm not sure how easy it would be to find people.

[align=center]Sceva Valiir - ("Shev-ah")

3wMZI7G.png[/align]

Another Baby alt, no real plans for this one quite yet. Limsan-affiliated, I was originally planning on making her a Tank, but as I lack the confidence to pursue the leveling of that class, I'll likely stick to what I'm more familiar with and have her go Arcanist/Scholar for the time being.

A concept I'm rolling around with is that, as a Highlander woman, she was the "runt" out of her more sculpted and towering siblings and pursued knowledge and know-how before ever choosing to take up a blade. More a thoughtful and calculating sort than highly aggressive, she prefers tactics over mayhem, but still has a rather spontaneous streak in regards to travel and her hobbies. Plagued with wanderlust, one might say she goes whichever way the wind blows on any given day, but she keeps her priorities in line and well-cared for rather than abandoning anything for personal desire. Probably the more responsible one of her siblings, who no doubt serve as soldiers in the Maelstrom.

So, that's that for now! If anyone is looking for more contacts and finds any interest in any of these characters (or you're just looking for more people to talk to OOC during the day) go ahead and drop me a line. I'm usually online in game during the day CMT, and here and there late into the evening, and am usually logged in as Yune Tabrisviel since I'm further in content with that character. If that fails, a PM here on the forum will also work, though I'm on Enjin too if that's easier. Thanks for giving my thread a look, and I look forward to hearing from you! >^.^<

Hi Yune! I'd absolutely adore trying to brainstorm some possible RP scenarios. Please get in touch with me as soon as you'd like!

I'm in roughly the same boat as you, having recently come back and tried to get into RP. It certainly helped being invited to a friendly linkshell after a chance encounter in Duty Finder (Shoutout to Sigurd Sundsteigen!), which has allowed me to meet a couple of nice people to RP with.

I have only a single character, Aerlys Maenstadt, who is a wandering lancer that rarely stays in the same spot for too long, having been on the road for several years due to wanderlust and a lust for adventure and seeing sights. It's quite possible she could bump into any one of your characters, being that she travels all over the place, and could possibly even find an adventuring companion in your Sceva Valiir if you ever do bring her out to RP, due to similiar goals from what you had in mind!

Feel free to leave me a message if you're interested!

I'm in roughly the same boat as you, having recently come back and tried to get into RP. It certainly helped being invited to a friendly linkshell after a chance encounter in Duty Finder (Shoutout to Sigurd Sundsteigen!), which has allowed me to meet a couple of nice people to RP with.

I have only a single character, Aerlys Maenstadt, who is a wandering lancer that rarely stays in the same spot for too long, having been on the road for several years due to wanderlust and a lust for adventure and seeing sights. It's quite possible she could bump into any one of your characters, being that she travels all over the place, and could possibly even find an adventuring companion in your Sceva Valiir if you ever do bring her out to RP, due to similiar goals from what you had in mind!

Feel free to leave me a message if you're interested!

I'd be more than happy to bump into Aerlys sometime. If you don't mind a low level character going on adventures until I can get them through MSQ, I wouldn't mind trying to figure out Sceva through some RP. The concept I listed with her though is basically a backup plan I had, considering my original plan with her feels like it may be a little messy or unwanted due to potentially outlandish uses of Lore. Her original concept came about when I first started to play this game and only had a limited scope of the setting and its lore pertaining to the Void and such, but I would be more than happy to discuss said ideas sometime, especially to see if it's doable. Either concept for Sceva involves her possessing a wanderer's spirit, so she would remain the same in that regard.

I'm a returning player as well! I have an elezen named Kaluka Lavurelle and a female roe named Violet Snow. I just have to say your characters are absolutely stunning I'm jealous! Especially you're roe is gorgeous but I'm biased as they are my favorite. :D Feel free to add me! I literally know barely anyone since coming back and could use some new friends.

I'm a returning player as well! I have an elezen named Kaluka Lavurelle and a female roe named Violet Snow. I just have to say your characters are absolutely stunning I'm jealous! Especially you're roe is gorgeous but I'm biased as they are my favorite. :D Feel free to add me! I literally know barely anyone since coming back and could use some new friends.

From what I can see of your Elezen in your avatar image, she's rather striking as well! Though I'm not sure what you mean by my Roe? lol I'm afraid I don't have one right at this moment, though believe me, I've tried to make one for the server to have that racial variety in my roster. Darn server restrictions. >_<

I'll definitely look out for you whenever I'm online. Currently I'm leveling Rui, but I do not see you online. I shall try again later to find you. >^.^<

Always up for meeting new people!  Got my own little squad of characters for meet ups:

[align=center]The Soldier[/align]

[align=center]500x300http://i.imgur.com/BNrSh63.png[/img][/align]

[align=center]

My main, Fyrilsunn Fiandoensyn.  A Maelstrom vet with over 19 years of combative experience, a warriors soul crystal around his neck, and an axe larger than most hyur, he's an intimidating son of a bitch.  But appearances can be deceiving.  The man is incredibly kind, to the point of nearly being selfless.  Always willing to help someone in need for the price of a pint and a tale afterwards: be it stopping street thugs, or pummeling primals, he's game.  

The Inventor

500x300http://i.imgur.com/9HpI1HK.png[/img]

Growing up in a traditional Dunesfolk Nomadic family, Jujuwai is a bit... rustic.  He, his three brothers, and one sister, all grew up roaming Thanalan upon the backs of a herd of adamantoise, and it often shows in his mannerisms.  However, thanks to the firm insistence and efforts of his mother, he and his siblings where all educated.  Following the calamity, the family was forced to stop their nomadic ways for a time, and take refuge in Ul'dah, where they all took up various jobs in order to sustain themselves.  In the instance of Jujuwai, this was an apprenticeship with an engineer of the Garlond Ironworks.  Years later, Jujuwai has come into his own as an engineer and mechanic, working in the employ of the Foreign Levies of the Maelstrom as support staff: repairing and creating devices to help them fight the good fight.

The Professor

500x300http://i.imgur.com/oh0hVVR.png[/img]

[align=left]Hailing from the Western Highlands of Coerthas, Aulsoix Claimane is a scholar of thaumaturgy, archaeology, history, and any other topics what happen to grab the interest of his infinitely curious mind. He keeps his personal life mostly to himself, preferring general anonymity.  He currently works in the employ of the Thaumaturges Guild of Ul'dah, where he specializes in the handling of dangerous artifacts: often being sent out to retrieve them, to be brought back to the ossuarry for safe keeping and study.  He has been known to teach classes at various institutions around Eorzia, and even takes on the occasional pupil, educating them in the thaumaturgical arts.  

Upon first meeting, he is impeccably polite and cordial, if a bit distant.  Often coming across as cold, it is likely a byproduct of his Ishgardian upbringing.  However, as one gets to know him, he has been known to loosen up on occasion; typically with a glass of wine in hand.  [/align]

[/align]

[align=center]

These are my most played characters at the moment, and though they might not be perfect fits, I'm always up for meeting new people, and look forward to hearing back from ya!

[/align]

I've got a sweet scholar mooncatte, Cam'nahl Zarasten, who can always stand to make more friends. Lately I've been a little busy with his new relationship status, but when I'm not in the middle of that I'd be happy to toss him into the mix!

And I'm not on my Au Ra (Rhet Hawke) as often because I'm determined to get Cam through HW content, but he's another one who is available to meet up sometime. He's Xaela and something of a protective, "older brother" type figure despite being tall and intimidating-looking.

@arkamas

All of your characters sound wonderful. And Maelstrom too! That makes chances of meeting Yune at least pretty high as she's a La Noscea girl and her father is employed with the Maelstrom as well. She's never really had any Roegadyn friends, and is very comfortable with Lalafell as her adopted family are Dunesfolk originally from Ul'dah. Aulsoix also seems very interesting, though I don't have any characters who function in the Thanalan area usually. Whenever he's out and about in other regions, be it for study or for teaching as you stated, perhaps he might run into Umeyae who I imagine is slowly exploring more and more of Eorzea after spending these past few months in Dravania due to the gradual restoration of Idyllshire. Rui has very old and vague ties to Ishgard itself, though she doesn't have much recollection of her homeland after certain events in her past. But familiar face perhaps?

I'll be sure to check for your main, Fyrilsunn, whenever I'm online so we can chat a bit, though feel free to poke me with a PM here if you like. ;)

@Kibu

Cam'nahl looks adorable. I would be happy to bump into him sometime whenever circumstances allow. I understand the importance of prioritizing one's mate and being caught in a nice romance. ;)

I'm also very open to Au Ra RP, as I would really like to figure out either Ranshe or Umeyae, and seeing other Au Ra characters in play might help me find some stable foundation to start with. As stated, I'll also have a male Au Ra soon enough once I can get the fantasia for it. Likely another Raen because I adore the white scales. Either way, if you ever need help getting through content, I'd be more than happy to assist if you need extra bodies for queue!

*pokes head into thread and glances around.*

Wooo, I'm late to the party.

It sounds like you put a lot of work into your characters and you're a pretty laid back person sooo, if you are still looking for a few contacts still, both OOC and IC, I would happily offer my cheerful, dense, and energetic miqo'te as a friend; I've recently been reaching out to a lot of players myself to form simple, friendly connections for my character and help players get into, or back into, the community. My wiki is in the signature if you are interested and feel free to send me a PM. : ) Take care!