New player to FFXIV! Not new at all to Role-Play

Hello! I'm Noxtis316. Call me Genevieve/Gen if you like. I don't mind sharing my first name.

My MMORPG background consist of: Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, and I played Wild Star for a little bit...There is probably others that I am missing but they probably did not have a large RP community in them.

My experience with RP has been ever since I was little. I tend to say that I was lucky enough to have parents who liked RPG games (table-top like D&D...They played UO, EQ, and so on.) and been roleplaying ever since.

For character ideas, well...I'm in the process of getting FFXIV lore together to make character ideas.

I have learned about the coalition by google searching and all my searches lead to the coalition. 

I tend to be a medium to heavy roleplayer in the MMORPG that I have played.

I am going to college, so once semesters hit- I'm not going to be available a whole lot. I'm excited for this semester because it is courses to my major (All to lead up to getting to be Registered Nurse.) If there is a thread that I am writing to, I try to respond to that if I am swamped in what I need to get done. I also may not have game time as I might be balancing what I am playing if it requires 'time' for subscription.

...I haven't MADE my character yet, but I am in the character creation process and I have yet to pick a server.

As far as picking a server goes, Balmung is really were it's at as far as open world Rp. While there are certainly hub areas that you will find more, generally you can strike up Rp with folks out in the field if you are ambitious enough.

In my experience other servers tend to have their Rp more centralized to the housing districts...and since i play on a lot of the servers, I will say that there is a lonely feeling in how empty a lot of the other servers seem to be in comparison.

That said, I'm positive there are great groups on other ones if you search them out.

So really it's probably a matter of what you are looking for.

Also we don't have gil spammers..so that's a thing. O.o;

Thank-you for the welcome! I got Balmung on notice when it is open to new characters. As I cannot really afford the transfer, for the time being. I've noticed that Balmung is the go-to in my searches. So hopefully I get that window of opportunity.

Thank-you for the welcome! I got Balmung on notice when it is open to new characters. As I cannot really afford the transfer, for the time being. I've noticed that Balmung is the go-to in my searches. So hopefully I get that window of opportunity.

It's pretty bleak. There are some tiny pockets, sometimes right after a patch or update..but anymore Bal and Gil can be super hard to get on without just transferring over. I'll keep killing bots in game in the hopes of helping new people to find homes!

Doomsaying Balmunger coming in. You ain't going to get into Balmung any time soon. It can literally /months/ before we might have a small window open. I'm talking about 1-2 minute windows.

I'd... just go digging for gil irl, and just accept the fact you won't be capable of creating a char the normal way on Balmung, and got to transfer in.

In any case, Twelve bless you if you are insisting onto trying.

And welcome to the RPC regardless o7

Well, in that case. I'll just join a server and wait till I have collected what I need for a transfer.

Thank-you for really letting me know the environment of getting in. x.x;

I'll just make characters somewhere and figure out concepts along the way, so the one I feel I have a good grasp on will be transferred.

Well, in that case. I'll just join a server and wait till I have collected what I need for a transfer.

I'll just make characters somewhere and figure out concepts along the way, so the one I feel I have a good grasp on will be transferred.

I've spent maaaany mornings trying. It can really crush your confidence and desire to play if you do that route.

You might actually benefit more from starting somewhere else..moving through MSQ while you collect what funds you need. Then when you do hop over you can have more of the world open, and better outfit choices. ( Because really, dressing up characters is the entire point of Rping.:moogle: )

I will suggest though, feel free to make use of the IC sections of this forum. There are plenty of people who can and will Rp here...and you can work on some plot and bonds with folks here while you wait out getting your character over. This place was created to be a resource for Rpers to find and create Rp together. Utilize it for it freely :cactuar:

If you are going the transfer route keep in mind that you can transfer up to 8 characters in a single transfer.

For that to work they need to all have the same start and destination server, and other transfer requirements also need to be met by all of them.

(I think the requirements for character transfers - apart from paying money - is that they are at least 3 days old, and have gone through the introductory scenes so they are out in the open world.)

If you are going the transfer route keep in mind that you can transfer up to 8 characters in a single transfer.  

For that to work they need to all have the same start and destination server, and other transfer requirements also need to be met by all of them.

(I think the requirements for character transfers - apart from paying money - is that they are at least 3 days old, and have gone through the introductory scenes so they are out in the open world.)

Thanks! I saw about the 3 days old, and a few other information, but knowing about 8 characters in a single transfer helps sooo much!