Another Experienced Roleplayer, returning to FF

Hey all! :D

I started in FF nearly a year ago with one character on Balmung and another on Faerie. 

Back then I came from very heavy RP in Second Life, but had always been a FF fan, just didn't know there was actual RP in a MMO until friends there brought me to the game. We rp'd for a few months in Faerie before RL took everyone away and I started another game, again learning it had RP. 

But I always wanted to get back into FF and rp as well as content. I transferred this character from Faerie to Balmung and was blown away by the number of Free Companies as well as players! In my former game, the rp server is the least populated, but here it's just the opposite. 

My background's a bit muddled: 

My MMOrpg RP history is mostly in Second Life, though that's not really a game. I started there in 2006 and have been part of several sim teams as well as just a player (which I prefer). The only other game I've RP'd in is Archeage. Table top was my staple until I discovered online rp. 

I don't have any solid plans for this character atm. Still working on him, just doing content and watching the rp around me. He's a Miqo'te with a sister...and that's as far as I have. 

:geek:I learned about the Coalition from Google, looking to find where I could get more information about the RP in FF. I also just read there is a naming convention to Miqo'te...oops (When I transferred I also changed from Hyur to Miqo'te). I've been Reen in every game. 

I see I'm gonna make a lot of mistakes. :angel:

For right now my RP is very light... like... diet light because I'm getting my feet wet on my own. I'm usually online a few evenings during the week (except weekends) around 9 EST until I start face desking. I work from home, but I have to keep a schedule or I'd game all day. 

Thanks for listening! 

Reen

Names. Pfft. Who cares about naming conventions? Don't look at it as a mistake or a misstep, look at it as a chance to explain why your character doesn't necessarily cleave to the flock when it comes to identification. Maybe he just dropped the tribal affiliations and stayed "Reen" instead of "C'reen" or "O'reen" or whatever.

Names. Pfft. Who cares about naming conventions? Don't look at it as a mistake or a misstep, look at it as a chance to explain why your character doesn't necessarily cleave to the flock when it comes to identification. Maybe he just dropped the tribal affiliations and stayed "Reen" instead of "C'reen" or "O'reen" or whatever.

LOL. Okay. I like that idea a lot. Makes him sort of stick out maybe. Now to read more on tribal affiliations and why he would drop them.  \o/  I need ideas like this! 

o/  Reen

Welcome!

I say it is nice to see more people to come along here. I'm still newish to FFXIV but RP isn't something that I am new towards.

Still building Ehfi but if you ever need RP- I'm willing more often than not. So you are welcome to throw a /tell at me if you are ever in game and search me to see if I am online.

Welcome!

I say it is nice to see more people to come along here. I'm still newish to FFXIV but RP isn't something that I am new towards.

Still building Ehfi but if you ever need RP- I'm willing more often than not. So you are welcome to throw a /tell at me if you are ever in game and search me to see if I am online.

Might just take you up on that! 

~R

I'm in a similar boat. :) I'm an RP veteran from other MMOs but am newish to the world of FFXIV. I have an Au Ra named Jaydhe Tokar and I'd be happy to RP with you sometime. I'm working on her character background so it's not fully fleshed out yet. I'll do that as I learn more and get a better feel for who Jaydhe is.

I'm in a similar boat. :) I'm an RP veteran from other MMOs but am newish to the world of FFXIV. I have an Au Ra named Jaydhe Tokar and I'd be happy to RP with you sometime. I'm working on her character background so it's not fully fleshed out yet. I'll do that as I learn more and get a better feel for who Jaydhe is.

I'm with you. Since I'm technically starting over with this character, I'm still fleshing him out as well. Like...why he doesn't have a usual Miquo'te name.  ;) 

This week's been one of turmoil so getting online has been a bit difficult. But I do hope to find you in RP soon. I've been working on getting pugilist to 15 so I've been concentrating on that when I'm online. So if you see me running around or if anyone does and you want rp, just snag me. 

And my character's name is Reen Nyoki, in case I didn't say that before.