Looking for RP, without RPing

Yian Kutku

Is there a place on this forum to ask tiny, inconsequential lore questions that aren't really worthy of inclusion in the Lore Questions Thread, but still bug me immensely disproportionate to their importance?

I just have two to start with, but I'm sure there will be many more to come.

First, does Minfilia do anything, apart from using her long-range communication system to summon me for face-to-face meetings?

Second, how does Yda's skirt work? I assume it's a skirt; it looks like tight shorts, until I see the huge side-slits. And yet the skirt clings to her like shorts. It's weird.

First, does Minfilia do anything, apart from using her long-range communication system to summon me for face-to-face meetings?

Second, how does Yda's skirt work? I assume it's a skirt; it looks like tight shorts, until I see the huge side-slits. And yet the skirt clings to her like shorts. It's weird.

Minfilia? Well, she does occasionally get into trouble and needs to be rescued. She makes a few inspiring (?) speeches. And ... that's pretty much it. Anything else she does is very much off-screen.

My own theory is that the reason she is the leader of the Scions is that she is the only one of them who could be spared - everyone else is needed elsewhere. :P

No matter how huge the side-slits may be, it is actually tight shorts that Yda is wearing, not a skirt.

Minfilia?  Well, she does occasionally get into trouble and needs to be rescued.  She makes a few inspiring (?) speeches.  And ... that's pretty much it.  Anything else she does is very much off-screen.

My own theory is that the reason she is the leader of the Scions is that she is the only one of them who could be spared - everyone else is needed elsewhere. :P

I did assume that Minfilia was essentially a non-combatant, since it would be reasonable to assume not everyone who receives the Echo (and is inducted into the Scions) is a combat badass like the player.

It's just that I keep wondering if she is literally stuck inside her office, unable to depart. Putting aside the travel involved in getting to Vesper Bay in the first place, her office is behind two loading screens.

Of course, that still doesn't explain why she insists on having me come to her, instead of just relaying instructions via linkpearl.

No matter how huge the side-slits may be, it is actually tight shorts that Yda is wearing, not a skirt.

I honestly have no idea how that works, sartorially. Is there some sort of transparent material holding the sides together? How would one attempt to cosplay that?

I admit when I first saw that, I thought I was seeing some weird clipping issue with Yda's thighs.

Apologies for the double-post, but I thought this was relevant enough to update the thread:

I am finally on Balmung.

The delay was mainly due to the "character must have existed for three days" criteria, which my probably-unplayed alts had to meet first.

Now to see what a Ridiculously High Population server looks like, and hopefully spectate some open-world RP.

Apologies for the double-post, but I thought this was relevant enough to update the thread:

I am finally on Balmung.

The delay was mainly due to the "character must have existed for three days" criteria, which my probably-unplayed alts had to meet first.

Now to see what a Ridiculously High Population server looks like, and hopefully spectate some open-world RP.

Cool good to hear, welcome to Balmung!

I don't know if anyone would actively get mad-mad at you, but if you're worried about it, you can always do what I did and roll a Qestir since I have no idea how to do any of the RPing stuff at all. If you're not talking and only doing emotes or custom /em, you're being lore-friendly without having to stress over whether you're doing it right. Bonus that no one in the RP areas is going to really question you lurking around and spectating because they know you're not supposed to talk anyway!