Hixxi's Art and Graphics Dumporium

Hixxi

[align=center]Hey I'm Hixxi.

I'm a painter/graphic artist, although the latter is more of a hobby than anything else.

This thread is a nicely organised dump for shared artistic suffering.

Featuring but not limited to:

• Bad puns.
  • Soul crushing screaming.
  • Elves Elezen of all flavours.
  • Fan art of games I will never play.
  • A crippling addiction to Photoshop brushes.
  • No one paying me to draw men because ??????

tumblr_lmt9w7ZsYC1qafrh6.gif

CPXPeRQ.png

j8MuwyM.jpg

WvS7C04.jpg

P4tIKJL.jpg

UTbOFuL.png

g3sbB7K.jpg

UTbOFuL.pngqDRNENL.jpg

v3Ice9u.jpg

>> Graphic work I've done including character banners can be found in this album. <<

6H0rRmR.jpg

CrnIQtq.jpg

Qov0Qlo.jpg

kXVbcvV.jpg

5Kh3mUp.png

UTbOFuL.png

If you're the sort of person who likes obsessive social media stalking, I do giveaways sometimes.

[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

your art is amazing I'm so jealous :<

I'm still a long way off where I want to be but you know, practice makes perfect and all that! Anyone can learn! Look at this garbage emo awful I was pulling off a few years back:

9tzYWqv.jpg

Ugh.

START DRAWING. NEVER STOP. PAINT ALL THE THINGS. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

tumblr_inline_nscsmwX8t81qafrh6_500.gif

your art is amazing I'm so jealous :<

I'm still a long way off where I want to be but you know, practice makes perfect and all that! Anyone can learn! Look at this garbage emo awful I was pulling off a few years back:

9tzYWqv.jpg

Ugh.

START DRAWING. NEVER STOP. PAINT ALL THE THINGS. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

tumblr_inline_nscsmwX8t81qafrh6_500.gif

That's leaps and bounds and really impressive , what do you think it is that help you improved so much ? Is there something you focused on learning or observing? Not to make this a interview or anything xD I could just use some advice.

That's leaps and bounds and really impressive , what do you think it is that help you improved so much ? Is there something you focused on learning or observing? Not to make this a interview or anything xD I could just use some advice.

My top three tips for improvement would probably be:

1. Never. Stop. Drawing.
  2. Use all the references!
  3. Life drawing classes are great!

Seriously, I used to think that using references was cheating but umm ... how am I supposed to learn how to draw things if I don't know what they look like in real life? My art improved leaps and bounds when I started using references and took some life drawing classes! (Also I got faster). I still have a huge amount to learn but I don't think any artist is every truely happy and always wants to improve, haha.

In other news, I made an eyebrow drawing tutorial this evening. It's very light but I hope it's useful:

[align=center]lCHstaX.jpg[/align]

Folk! I have a request. I want to try my hand at some screenshot edits but my problem is that I am pretty terrible at taking screenshots. SO. If you are sitting on a particularly nice screen of your character you don't mind me potentially butchering, please feel free to send to me and I will try and knock a few out. It would be helpful if it was in as high a resolution as possible! You can just PM me an imgur link or whatever is most convienient.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful works here! I wanted to ask if you had the time, is there a certain brush pack you prefer to work with? If you work in photoshop? :o If not, what is your process? I've been trying to get a good contrasty-feel to my own work, I think Ive started it using Adobe Illustrator, but I'm still learning. :3

Beautiful works here! I wanted to ask if you had the time, is there a certain brush pack you prefer to work with? If you work in photoshop? :o If not, what is your process? I've been trying to get a good contrasty-feel to my own work, I think Ive started it using Adobe Illustrator, but I'm still learning. :3

I use Photoshop CS6 exclusively. Have dipped around in SAI from time to time trying to convince myself that I like it but I don't. I have a tonne of brushes and like to experiment with different ones all the time but right now I'm using a brush called 'silk and satin' from this set!

I have a very specific painting set up where I will pretty much do all the shading on one layer which I will then set to multiply or linear burn or what have you, and then colour underneath on a seperate layer. Then I'll have a layer on top of all THAT where I make little detailing adjustments.

THEN on top of all THAT I'll have a set of adjustment layers where I fix things like levels, textures, ambient colour, whatever else. Here's what my layers looked like on the above:

lvXdmvm.jpg

Ughhhh I love your stuff. It's so soft and beautiful.

I'm pretty sure that, since your icon is of a Miqo'te, you are the one who is soft and beautiful.