Hixxi's Art and Graphics Dumporium

Hixxi

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful works here! I wanted to ask if you had the time, is there a certain brush pack you prefer to work with? If you work in photoshop? :o If not, what is your process? I've been trying to get a good contrasty-feel to my own work, I think Ive started it using Adobe Illustrator, but I'm still learning. :3

I use Photoshop CS6 exclusively. Have dipped around in SAI from time to time trying to convince myself that I like it but I don't. I have a tonne of brushes and like to experiment with different ones all the time but right now I'm using a brush called 'silk and satin' from this set!

I have a very specific painting set up where I will pretty much do all the shading on one layer which I will then set to multiply or linear burn or what have you, and then colour underneath on a seperate layer. Then I'll have a layer on top of all THAT where I make little detailing adjustments.

THEN on top of all THAT I'll have a set of adjustment layers where I fix things like levels, textures, ambient colour, whatever else. Here's what my layers looked like on the above:

lvXdmvm.jpg

Ughhhh I love your stuff. It's so soft and beautiful.

I'm pretty sure that, since your icon is of a Miqo'te, you are the one who is soft and beautiful.

Awesome! Thank you so very much for being so detailed! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...