Looking for Linkshell, FC or just RP!

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to the world of FFXIV (Only just got my Dragoon to level 50 the other day after a month of playing), and I'm in dire need of some good old-fashioned RP. Unfortunately, my friend got me to join Ragnarok, which I then found out is -not- a very RP-friendly server.

So I come here, in the hopes that there are others like me, who'd like to do some RP'ing, or perhaps even has an FC or a linkshell going for that particular purpose.

Can anyone help a fellow RP'er out?

Balmung is pretty much the king of the RP community and if RP is a major drive for you, then you can't really do better than that. The server is swarmed with roleplayers of all kinds, so it definitely has value in the $18 transfer fee needed to get a character onto the server. 

In any case though, welcome aboard to the RPC! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. I've also heard that it's a giant ERP hub and you'll basically run into it whether you want it or not. Is there any truth to that?

There's also the fact that I'd be leaving behind two really good friends who aren't keen on RP'ing, which I'd really rather not do, if I could avoid it.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. I've also heard that it's a giant ERP hub and you'll basically run into it whether you want it or not. Is there any truth to that?

There's also the fact that I'd be leaving behind two really good friends who aren't keen on RP'ing, which I'd really rather not do, if I could avoid it.

Of course it's a big ERP hub, we're the biggest RP server so there's ERP on it. Heh. Anyways it's not like you'll find ERP on the streets. There's some courtesan type FC's which from what little I've seen are very tasteful and don't shove it in your face what they do. As a person whose isn't interested in ERP at the slighest I've never run into it at all in my 1yr + of being on Balmung.

The ERP thing is a huge YMMV. There are people I've heard from with frighteningly real anecdotes along the lines you're talking about, but... I've never actually run into explicit chat by accident, and I've been playing here for a year now. People naked in the open world, yes, but never explicit chat.

I think it's just luck of the draw, really. ><

The ERP thing is hugely over-exaggerated IMO. There are adult themed FC's and you can certainly find it if you are looking for it. But I personally haven't had a big issue with it. Most the time when I get a tell asking if I would be interested, it is polite and when declined they leave it alone. There has been like two times people have gotten a little pushy about it and/or weird.

I moved to Balmung 2.5 years go (give or take) from Gilga and do not regret it in the least. There are tons of fun events and what not and I have met some of my best friends here!

Seconding that EPR is hugely exaggerated. I've been RPing on Balmung since 2.0's beta and I've had all of once where someone who EPR'd propositioned my character... fully IC and not in a disgusting or overt way. It was subtle and tasteful, they took 'no thanks' for an answer immediately, and it never came up again.