(SPOILERS)13 worlds lore

From what I suspect the whole ordeal of getting all the Shards to rejoin with Hydaelyn is to bring Zodiark back from its exile and rejoin with Hydaelyn. I doubt that it bodes very well for Hydaelyn, but hey, maybe Elidibus will surprise us with his usual sophisms :)

Indeed it would not bode well. From EE 14: "The process, compressing fourteen dimensions back into one, is what that Ascians refer to as the Ardor, and it most certainly spells destruction of life on Hydaelyn as we know it."

Based on the Warring Triad line, I don't think Elidibus seeks that. I wouldn't call him a "good guy," but his motivations seem rather more complex than the black-robed Ascians.

Also, I would think the Rejoining would be a mostly selfish act of the Ascians. After all, they're seeking to revive THEIR god and THEY will survive the Rejoinings just fine. Everything ELSE dies, but they get to stick around and get what they want, so it's all good for them?

So yeah. Even if the Rejoining causes an eternal paradise, the only ones who would get to see it and benefit from it are the Ascians. Maybe if they were seeking to make it so more people could also survive and see their New World, it might be a bit more nebulous and gray-morality. As it is? Selfish, bad thing.

It's always hard to say with Elidibus. He sure makes a lot of fuss about keeping the balance and not letting light or dark destroy worlds, but that's exactly what Ascians want anyway. They want their worlds still breathing for the rejoining.