New player to FF14, stuck on Moogle!

LosLobos

Hello there! 

I'm still very new to FF14, only about 70 hours played time and not even hit max level yet. I play a FemRoe (here's a screenshot!), currently leveling a rogue and i'm seriously in love with the game. Best feature? I can play any class on the same character - No need for alts!

Anyway having a dig around the internet it seems Gilgamesh and Balmung are the two servers for roleplay. Problem is, I rolled on Moogle. I'm considering paying the money to go to Balmung but I was concerned that being an EU player I simply wouldn't find any roleplay because of the different timezones - Is this the case?

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC, FFXIV, and hopefully Balmung! :thumbsup:

There is definitely an EU presence on Balmung- you may need to do a bit of searching, but it is certainly still your best bet for finding RP in general. Balmung is choke-full of it! Can't say much on the subject of Gilgamesh, though. Regardless, the $18 fee is worth it.

Hello! I agree with Kasi above, Balmung is filled to the brim with roleplayers and it's definitely worth the 18 dollar fee. If you do decide to transfer you can transfer all 8 characters at once too which helps for having standby bad guys and plot PCs. Anyways good luck finding RP wherever you decide to go.

Hi there, fellow European!

Although I am relatively new to the game as well, I can already attest that you have little to fear about Balmung's activity. There are always people online in Ul'dah at least, and I've got the impression that the server has a noteworthy EU population. While most events might take place during US peak hours - meaning late night to myself due to living in the EET/EEST timezone - there are quite a few which are more accessible to EU players. Balmung-EU Tumblr seem to have a nice list of weekly events.

The people on these forums are very friendly and helpful, so hopefully you will enjoy your stay and have a good time regardless of which server you end up choosing.

If you are an avid RP'er it is the best money you can spend. I have not once looked back since I completed my server transfer. I do not think being on the EU time zone would be too much of a restriction. Balmung seems to run 24/7.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate the help :)

In that case, i'll get the transfer done and head over to Balmung. Though I have a bit of an issue, when I made the character i named it Admiral Kunkka for some reason (DOTA 2 fans represent!) How difficult is it to name change? It's a bit of a silly name for A) A female Roe and B) RP in general, especially a newbie at this game.

EDIT: Nevermind, the name was taken on Balmung!

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate the help :)

In that case, i'll get the transfer done and head over to Balmung. Though I have a bit of an issue, when I made the character i named it Admiral Kunkka for some reason (DOTA 2 fans represent!) How difficult is it to name change? It's a bit of a silly name for A) A female Roe and B) RP in general, especially a newbie at this game.

EDIT: Nevermind, the name was taken on Balmung!

Bit late, but yeah, it's $10 to name change off the Mogstation. Blah!

• 4 months later...

I am on the ultros server, but I have been interested in role play for a while. Now I don't have the money to change servers but I also enjoy my fc and I don't want to leave it. But I was wondering if anyone new of a role play linkshell that I can join here in ultros

This really isn't a good place to post about that. I recommend that you check the Linkshell Hall to see if there's one on Ultros, and barring that, posting in the Making Connections forum.