Black Mage looking for connections

I'm generally pretty new to this community, and was directed here to find other RP-ers and such. Quick tidbit, but I will match my RP Partner's style (Script, Novella/Para, and ofc in-game /em command and all that jazz)with general ease. I'm low maintenance about that sort of thing.

I'm not necessarily looking to join a FC, however, I am interested in possible open linkshells and finding new partners.

[align=center]Character Background[/align]

[align=left]Luze Wyrth lives in a costant state of "Is" and "Was". While he currently is a Black Mage, and a potently aggressive hunter of primals and other beings which do not belong in the realm (This also includes Garleans, hilariously enough.)- he was something much different up until a cycle before his time in Eorzea. What once was a bright-hearted conjurer is now the emotionally and mentally decrepit shell of a thaumaturge.

The first-born of the affluent Wyrth clan- a small, yet ancient sect of Raen within the walls of Doma- Luze was destined, by blood, to become both a conjurer and an alchemist. Within the walls of the city, his family played a fairly large part in conjurer education within Doma. 

Luze, under his father, Angra Wyrth- was exposed to conjuring magic from a young age. While his mother, Kalliope Wyrth, had died after birthing her second son when Luze was a child. His father didn't bare much guilt in regards to her death, and eventually re-coupled with various other Doman women. Luze became the eldest of several children, and their protector for many cycles.

As he grew older, and Angra's power extended- nearly on par with a consulate to the emperor- Luze began to resent his father, and the growing classism that left many of Doma's poor without care. This tension would eventually break in his 35th cycle, when the Garlean invasion began. To escape persecution, Angra immediately subjected himself to the whims of the Empire for diplomatic immunity. Through Angra's actions, the Wyrth clan had actively partaken in the genocide of Doma.

Luze- enraged with his kin's complacency- purposefully rebelled, spending much of his time healing the wounded and saving what he could. But his work would never be enough. The blood had already stained the streets, and he was left in the shadow of Angra. Luze, himself, had become a stain on the Wyrth clan; and had to be removed. Angra sold his eldest son out to the Empire for treason to ensure his own safety, in turn pitting Luze against a Garlean thaumaturge.

Luze was struck by a close range bolt of lightning from the cudgel; the energy enough to rattle his mind and scar the optical tissue of his eye. In his escape, he collapsed at a dock, only to be taken onto a refugee ship to Limsa Lominsa. 

The event filled him with rage, grief, and a sick masochistic interest in the void. The thing furthest from what the Wyrth clan was- and the thing that had nearly struck him dead. Upon landing in Limsa Lominsa; he made his second voyage to Ul'dah: seeking the truth about the void.

Since then, he has grown nearly two cycles in Eorzea, becoming both an adept Black Mage and commissioned adventurer. While varying jobs and emotional discord have left him without much stability, he works mostly on causes that can pay well and not leave an awful taste in his mouth.

[align=center]Potential Hooks[/align]

[align=left]

• Upfront, Luze is incredibly motivated by three things: The prospect of hunting down Garleans, Information about the void, and money. He is not stranger to money. Either way, if you need a thaumaturge to get something done; Luze is pretty vacant most of the time.

• Healing/Medical assistance is probably in the running for most horrifying choice you can make regarding Luze. However, as creepy and outright sardonic as he is, he is an incredibly capable alchemist and conjurer. Tread lightly, and possibly prepare to have your wounds be snarked at.

[align=left]

• Luze is very easy to start conversations with, especially debates about benign crap. Luze, once going, hardly ever stops a tangent. Need a distraction? Comic Relief? Mention anything from "Amalj'aa" to "Hildibrand", and you'll have a perfectly generated conniption fit. Fun for the whole family!

• There's a certain bard he's often found traveling with, and often drags bystanders into their own benign debates for the sake of harassing said bard. Either that, or he'll drag you over to listen to that same bard play a song on his violin. Seriously, his motives are like a game of roulette.

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

Hm...I don't think I can do a thing for you in terms of FCs, Linkshells, or anything in-game for that matter, but if you ever feel like you want to do some roleplay here on the forums, I'm always open! I don't know if you've already gotten any bites on this through PMs, but I'll go ahead and bump this for you!

Well, I play a member of Stillglade Fane's mage police (or extraterritorial murder team, depending on how you look at it). If your character is openly a black mage, I'd be happy to hit you up with that as a hook. ;)

If your character is more subtle about their black magic, you might find some like minded souls in the Mysterium. There's a few other mage-LS's/FC's out there, but I don't want to speak for them.

Well, I play a member of Stillglade Fane's mage police (or extraterritorial murder team, depending on how you look at it). If your character is openly a black mage, I'd be happy to hit you up with that as a hook. ;)

If your character is more subtle about their black magic, you might find some like minded souls in the Mysterium. There's a few other mage-LS's/FC's out there, but I don't want to speak for them.

The Stillglade idea is pretty interesting, since his character is mostly sporadic; He's blatant about little things that he finds insignificant (Astral fire? In public? Why not?) but tries to hold down anything related to the void when in a public space out of that persecution paranoia. 

Totally hit me up sometime! And thanks for those Mysterium references.

If you're ever in need of a more martial companion - and one who can play questionably ethical, but still hold a paradoxical moral superiority - then I could definitely introduce you to a very odd and perpetually unamused man-for-hire. 

While Ilyes really difficult to get-going socially (and  more a man of action than words), he can contribute admirably to pertinent diatribes and bore the snot out of anyone with his philosophical absolutism.

Feel free to hit me up in-game under the same name (Ilyes Bell) or through the forums here.

Hey there!

One options is criminal connections with the Mischief's Coven, who can offer him work for gil and potentially access to the black market. We have a linkshell for the Coven and contractors that work for us- and since recruitment is closed currently, that's the biggest option for getting plugged in. If you're interested in something like that, let me know and I can dump the details! 

Regardless, best of luck on the hunt!