Rune and Glyph inscriptions/carvings

I just wonder if this is a thing in FFXIV.

I believe to have read... somewhere... that mages write in magic runes in their clothing to aid their spellcasting and/or to protect them, as heavier armour inhibits the spellcasting, and also into their foci to enhance their, well, focus and spells. Am I right in this?

But I wonder... can such runes and glyphs be carved into their own flesh for different effects? Such as maybe balancing of their personal aether or protection of it, stuff like that. Maybe to aid their focus as well.

If there are any lore-keepers on here who can confirm any of this and provide some information on it, that would be appreciated! :D

Also, if this has been asked before, I apologies.

But I wonder... can such runes and glyphs be carved into their own flesh for different effects? Such as maybe balancing of their personal aether or protection of it, stuff like that. Maybe to aid their focus as well.

If there are any lore-keepers on here who can confirm any of this and provide some information on it, that would be appreciated!

You are correct that mages draw glyphs, symbols, and incantations upon their clothing and foci to aid in the channeling of their magicks. That said, drawing such symbols into ones' skin is, as yet, within the realm of headcanon. Theoretically, it is possible! On the other hand, it could potentially be quite dangerous to the caster to draw such powerful energies down/through/across their actual skin.

I actually have a very in depth lore post on this very topic that might help you out!

Lemme know if you have more questions! ^^

If there are any lore-keepers on here who can confirm any of this and provide some information on it, that would be appreciated!

You are correct that mages draw glyphs, symbols, and incantations upon their clothing and foci to aid in the channeling of their magicks. That said, drawing such symbols into ones' skin is, as yet, within the realm of headcanon. Theoretically, it is possible! On the other hand, it could potentially be quite dangerous to the caster to draw such powerful energies down/through/across their actual skin.

I actually have a very in depth lore post on this very topic that might help you out!

Lemme know if you have more questions! ^^

Awesome, thanks for responding! I will keep it on an experimental level so far, but should it turn out to be something that's just not passable in the lore, then that's that, I guess. ^^

And hey, that's the post I read that from! Already have it reblogged. :P

Thanks again!