The Return of The Rise of The Shark (looking for RP)

Hey, I'm back! Don't remember me? That's okay, I'm kind of a fringe element anyway. But with Samurai finally coming, I'm living up to my promise and returning for the foreseeable future.

Meet Sr'vassh:

[align=center]tumblr_op62sw8lUp1s5uqxwo1_540.png[/align]

Pirate, gambler, often drunken wanderer, and now fugitive! When we last saw young Vassh he was the sole survivor of the tiny shark tribe, a sea-faring branch of the raptor clan. His ship - and thus his family - was wiped out in the conflict with the Garleans shortly before the Battle of Carteneau. Sr'vassh - then a young, wounded marauder - watched from his sick bed while the Garleans razed his ship, sending the Ominous Wake to the depths. There's a blank patch in his history here, but he pops back up as an adult in Limsa Lominsa. For a little while, he joined a Lominsan Free Company, and used their airships to smuggle both Doman refugees and goods past Garlean blockades, though he has once again lost his ship and company after a brief run-in with the Yellowjackets over proof of ownership. Now, he's hiding out in Ul'dah until it all blows over.

Sr'vassh is a wild and irrepressible pirate with a tendency to talk fast and say nothing important. He's an unrepentant thief and a bit of a rake, and most of what he owns was borrowed indefinitely from people he's met. He has a long-winded and often only partially true story for everything, and pretends to know more than he does. Or pretends to know less, as the situation merits. He has his secrets, is what I'm saying.

He also talks a bit like Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean. It's an affectation. Probably.

He's taken the name Nunh, for no reason other than nobody else in his tribe owns it. As far as he knows, he's the only Sr left in Eorzea, and is secretly pretty desperate not to be anymore. He's in the market for friends and lovers, you could say.

A little about me - I've played FF14 off and on for a few years and I've role-played a lot of it. Sr'vassh isn't my highest level character, or anywhere near the cap. Or Heavensward. I've also spent a lot of time RPing in WoW, FFXI, SW:TOR, and the Matrix Online which is sadly long dead and buried. I'm also a DnD player since I was eleven, and RP is my guilty pleasure. Or my coping mechanism, I'm not sure which.

I'm online almost every day, usually between 5:00 and about 1:00 EST. I'm not usually doing much of anything.

Since I was absent for about a year or so, my old LS and FC are defunct, and I'm looking to replace both. I'm also looking for friends and allies in my never-ending quest to get really drunk aboard my own airship.

I'm open to friends, rivals, would-be-wives, or really affectionate cheerleaders. Maybe not so much that last part. But seriously, any kind of connection you want, within reason. Sr'vassh has a blank relationship board again, so it's open for new additions.

I'd also like to join a non-military themed FC, preferably one at least a little roguish. But I don't really know where to start there, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Hope to hear from many of you. Or at least a couple.

If you are interested in a company! I'm just going to plug mine for your Pirate, gambler, often drunken wanderer, and now fugitive!

The Mischiefs Coven is an organised Criminal organisation (Mafia-style) who participate in all sorts of naughty things, we actually have a couple of pirates on board with us and there's plenty of room for another. If you want more info, check us out here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=17879 

We have literally two more member spots open :o

If your character is wandering, looking for a base to hang his head, a few comrades to party with, some chicks woo, and a steady flow of gil, this could be the place for him!

I will strongly consider that, actually; good looking out. I read through the listing, and I like what you guys've got going on in there. The only problem I see is that Sr'vassh isn't really evil - more Chaotic Neutral than anything, if you get that reference. So he'd be a little less exuberant throwing in his lot with the sort who peddle drugs or keep slaves.

That's not a no, it's a maybe. I'll keep my eye open and let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did join the Coven after all. But I'm still looking for mates and rivals. My current base of operations is Gridania, and ICly still blocked from most of La Noscea.

I don't hang out at the Quicksand much anymore, but if you see me out and about, even if my RP flag isn't up, feel free to approach. I don't instigate as much as I should, but I'm always open to RP.

Ahhh another sailor of the black flag? This sits well with me.

I also RP as a pirate captain who commands a small fleet of two ships and one airship and always looking for pirate centered connections and the like. Also, like your character, S'kah is not inherently evil, he simply just does what he knows in life, and that tends to be jobs and opportunities that happen to be on the wrong side of the law.

However I'm a late night player, usually logging on at least by 10pm EST. So when you say between the hours of 5:00 - 1:00 EST, are your referring to AM or PM?

• 2 weeks later...