Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer

We've spoken in game now so you already know etc why I declined but I'm so glad to see an RP'er connection be made with us lol. Got me excited even if you're not my retainer, already sound like a fun friend for Valic to come across/ I'm definitely looking forward to developing the two whenever we figure out how to cross paths lol.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We talked a bit the other night in game, and after some thought I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. Even if Sav isn't chosen in the retainer capacity, I think she would have quite entertaining interactions with Valic regardless!

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): I tend to conform to my partner's/group's style, though I've always struggled to write for length (more than a paragraph is a struggle, I'm not a fluffy enough writer). Tend to avoid ERP as it's often unnecessary, but I'm of the never-say-never mindset.

Race: Keeper of the Moon

Interest(s): Sav likes to makes friends (rebuild her 'tribe') and learn about things that her sheltered life has kept from her.

Hobby(ies): Reading, studying, exploring, practicing archery, spending time with her chocobo (she's very attached)

Profession(s): Skilled arcanist / minor adventurer (it certainly pays the bills)

Personality: Kind, blunt, naive, /very/ interested in learning yet sometimes retracts to a more traditional Keeper mindset, and protective of anyone she deems 'tribe'

Goal(s): Sav's goal is to become the matriarch she was always expected to be, even if not necessarily in the traditional way. In memory of her mother and her (former) mate, she truly wants to be the best arcanist/matriarch/person she can possibly be.

Background/Story: A young Keeper raised in the depths of the Shroud, Sav has branched out to discover the rest of Eorzea. Her passion is arcanima, and her mid teens led her to leave the only place she'd ever know to learn more.

(There's a link below to her sub-standard wiki that explains her background and origins a little more in depth).

Personal question: "Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?"

After a series of unfortunate events, Sav finds herself very much alone. By taking side adventuring jobs, she makes just enough gil to feed herself, her chocobo, and occasionally rent an inn room for the night. Her usually bright personality is rather dampened, and a new friend/mentor/anything would certainly put the wind back in her sails. She truly loves to be helpful.

(If there's anything I've left out or completely glossed over feel free to poke me.)

We talked a bit the other night in game, and after some thought I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. Even if Sav isn't chosen in the retainer capacity, I think she would have quite entertaining interactions with Valic regardless!

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): I tend to conform to my partner's/group's style, though I've always struggled to write for length (more than a paragraph is a struggle, I'm not a fluffy enough writer). Tend to avoid ERP as it's often unnecessary, but I'm of the never-say-never mindset.

Race: Keeper of the Moon

Interest(s): Sav likes to makes friends (rebuild her 'tribe') and learn about things that her sheltered life has kept from her.

Hobby(ies): Reading, studying, exploring, practicing archery, spending time with her chocobo (she's very attached)

Profession(s): Skilled arcanist / minor adventurer (it certainly pays the bills)

Personality: Kind, blunt, naive, /very/ interested in learning yet sometimes retracts to a more traditional Keeper mindset, and protective of anyone she deems 'tribe'

Goal(s): Sav's goal is to become the matriarch she was always expected to be, even if not necessarily in the traditional way. In memory of her mother and her (former) mate, she truly wants to be the best arcanist/matriarch/person she can possibly be.

Background/Story: A young Keeper raised in the depths of the Shroud, Sav has branched out to discover the rest of Eorzea. Her passion is arcanima, and her mid teens led her to leave the only place she'd ever know to learn more.

(There's a link below to her sub-standard wiki that explains her background and origins a little more in depth).

Personal question: "Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?"

After a series of unfortunate events, Sav finds herself very much alone. By taking side adventuring jobs, she makes just enough gil to feed herself, her chocobo, and occasionally rent an inn room for the night. Her usually bright personality is rather dampened, and a new friend/mentor/anything would certainly put the wind back in her sails. She truly loves to be helpful.

(If there's anything I've left out or completely glossed over feel free to poke me.)

Heh, while I unfortunately can't have a tribal miqo'te for a retainer long term, I can see her being enjoyable to RP with lol.

This thread's slowly turned into a regular connections thread that I'm having trouble keeping up with all the people who'd like to RP with me xD. It's nice but I feel bad cuz I've been on a tight schedule lately and still searching for a retainer to help Valic have a bit of direction >.<...

Velrithe Jorogumo

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Any and all. Depending on the situation, I sometimes prefer more frequent dialogue over paragraphs of description every few minutes. I don't like to be 100% serious all of the time.

Race: Hyur (Highlander)

Interest(s): Cute things, money, mental intelligence, brewing potions, walking through forests with bare feet.

Hobby(ies): Reading romance novels, finding things that intrigue or gross out other people. 

Profession(s): Witch (Sells good luck charms, curses, love potions, etc)

Personality: Obsessive. Afraid of failure, of being left alone. Motherly.

Goal(s):

Background/Story: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Velrithe_Jorogumo A harvest witch with little clue as to who her ancestors were or what they did. Despite being well-traveled, she had found few leads and eventually resigned to pursuing other interests.

With the loss of her business partner, Sylvia Jesal, the magical services business Mother's Embrace had to close due to lack of clientele.

Personal question: I feel as though Velrithe's obsessive nature would lend quite well to a yandere retainer persona, which honestly sounds quite fun and funny to me. I tend to cling to one partner at a time for role playing things and being held to a professional bond seems like the kind of idea to keep things glued together.

You've seen me ingame, but you can also message me on discord at Vericute#9145

Velrithe Jorogumo

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Any and all. Depending on the situation, I sometimes prefer more frequent dialogue over paragraphs of description every few minutes. I don't like to be 100% serious all of the time.

Interest(s): Cute things, money, mental intelligence, brewing potions, walking through forests with bare feet.

Hobby(ies): Reading romance novels, finding things that intrigue or gross out other people. 

Goal(s):

Background/Story: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Velrithe_Jorogumo A harvest witch with little clue as to who her ancestors were or what they did. Despite being well-traveled, she had found few leads and eventually resigned to pursuing other interests.

With the loss of her business partner, Sylvia Jesal, the magical services business Mother's Embrace had to close due to lack of clientele.

Personal question: I feel as though Velrithe's obsessive nature would lend quite well to a yandere retainer persona, which honestly sounds quite fun and funny to me. I tend to cling to one partner at a time for role playing things and being held to a professional bond seems like the kind of idea to keep things glued together.

Not sure if you meant to skip the goals section or not but that and I'm curious what age she might be. Other than that, I might have to think this one over for a lil bit, has a lot of potential to offer. My only concern is the accuracy of witchcraft to FF14's lore opposing Valic considering he's very keen on most magical studies.

Velrithe Jorogumo

Goal(s):

Not sure if you meant to skip the goals section or not but that and I'm curious what age she might be. Other than that, I might have to think this one over for a lil bit, has a lot of potential to offer. My only concern is the accuracy of witchcraft to FF14's lore opposing Valic considering he's very keen on most magical studies.

How embarrassing! I totally did not mean to leave that section blank. Regardless, I hope you'll find the goals section on the wiki page I linked in the succeeding prompt to satisfy your curiosity. I would age Velrithe at 28. I thought I had that on the wiki, but apparently I did not. I'll fix that.

My own stance on the witchcraft is as loose as the ingame lore surrounding them. They appear alongside vampires and other monsters as costumes from the Continental Circus for the All Saints' Wake celebration, so at the very least they're a fictional thing known in Eorzea.

When hexing or cursing others, all of her results are simply placebo effects. It'd be too close to godmoding otherwise. Velrithe always has an excuse ready for when her less-conventional magics fizzle out.

The more complicated rituals that she does are things that she reads about. They're akin to showmanship or throwing things at a wall to see what sticks (few things ever do.) She pursues obscure rituals as a way to find a connection to her ancestry or any hidden talents she may have. These fruitless shots in the dark are consistent with her other behaviors, such as travelling to the far east to find clues based on nothing more than the etymology of her surname.

Velrithe Jorogumo

Goal(s):

How embarrassing! I totally did not mean to leave that section blank. Regardless, I hope you'll find the goals section on the wiki page I linked in the succeeding prompt to satisfy your curiosity. I would age Velrithe at 28. I thought I had that on the wiki, but apparently I did not. I'll fix that.

My own stance on the witchcraft is as loose as the ingame lore surrounding them. They appear alongside vampires and other monsters as costumes from the Continental Circus for the All Saints' Wake celebration, so at the very least they're a fictional thing known in Eorzea.

When hexing or cursing others, all of her results are simply placebo effects. It'd be too close to godmoding otherwise. Velrithe always has an excuse ready for when her less-conventional magics fizzle out.

The more complicated rituals that she does are things that she reads about. They're akin to showmanship or throwing things at a wall to see what sticks (few things ever do.) She pursues obscure rituals as a way to find a connection to her ancestry or any hidden talents she may have. These fruitless shots in the dark are consistent with her other behaviors, such as travelling to the far east to find clues based on nothing more than the etymology of her surname.

She's very interesting but I'm picking up more of a comical vibe off her character as well as potential interactions between the two. While I'm okay RP'ing with this, I think I need a more serious tone of an assistant for RP x.x.... I'm not sure if she'll work, sorry to make you go through all that trouble. Definitely would like to RP some time though! (again it feels like I'm saying that too much to people and I'm making empty promises but it's true, I will RP with anyone that does a walkup to me while I'm IC xD)

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): M (but not E). Otherwise, I'm fairly open (and also been gone for ages, so out-of-practice to boot!). I'm okay with either dice or regular RP to handle combat, though in the interests of fairness with dice in most circumstances Maqali would probably have a penalty given her lack of real experience.

Race: Xaela Au Ra (roughly mid-teens)

Interest(s): Studying magic (in just about all forms, though she's more ignorant than knowledgeable at the moment), technology (particularly Imperial/magi tech), learning about lost cultures.

She also sometimes enjoys outdoor activities, at least until something outdoorsy happens (e.g. she enjoys fishing, but hates getting splashed/rained on). She tries not to fuss as much as she used to though.

Hobby(ies): Maqali rather enjoys taking things apart (bonus points for putting them back together again, but not required...) She's fascinated by how things work and the more complex the more interesting. She also finds fishing to be enjoyable and relaxing most of the time, as long as the weather's nice, the fish are cooperative, and no hungry carbuncles are nearby (there's a story there :P). Maqali loves to read, and she has an unspoken love of poorly-written works of fiction, the older the better. She enjoys cooking (and alchemy, which she just sees as cooking with more interesting outcomes) as well, with mixed success depending on ingredients - as with many other things in life, she loves to experiment with ingredients.

Profession(s): Technically, Maqali is unemployed at the moment. She's a competent astrologian (there's a story there too!) and a fair conjurer as well. She's begun learning the rudiments of red magic but her thaumaturgy is... very lacking, so she doesn't know much more than 'stab them, and also magic.' She's fond of the art for all of her lack of talent, though, in part because she thinks it will make her sister happy.

She has some basic combat training with a variety of weapons, most of which she's pretty awful with (roughly 'pointy end goes into vilekin' even with non-pointy weapons) with the notable exception of firearms - she is surprisingly competent with a gun, something she rarely displays.

All that said, she's not really much of a fighter and she's rarely had to employ her skills (magical or martial) in anything outside of a spar (one notable exception with her astromancy). She's... barely adequate in outdoors survival (if you put her in the forest, she won't die, but don't expect an amazing shelter and full pots of gathered food either).

Personality: At her heart, Maqali in many senses could be considered an explorer or even scientist. She enjoys picking things apart to see how they work, and putting things together just to see what happens. She's always curious about what's over the next horizon and is all-too willing to push ahead without considering the risks. While she's a fairly moral person, she also has trouble with the word "no" unless there's a very good justification for it. She's the sort of person who would gleefully delve into just about any forbidden art without a compelling reason not to. That said, things like "well, first sacrifice a small village" would definitely be a compelling reason for "no" for her!

Goal(s): In the short term, she wants to reunite with her sister (Jaliqai), who she hasn't seen in more than a cycle. She'd also like to find a way to continue learning and practicing magic in a way that doesn't horribly offend her sister's anti-magic tendencies, which she considers to be a mostly-lost cause.

Long-term, she'd love to get out into the world and explore lost civilizations, set eyes on sights no one has ever seen (or no one has seen in a very long time). She wants to continue to learn magic, maybe even begin to master an art (her preference would be continued mastery in her astromancy, but she loves magic as a whole - excepting the arcanist's art - and there's a story there too :P).

While she'd love to see the Qulaan tribe grow again and prosper, her only real connection to her kin is via her sister; she's pretty ambivalent about the tribe as a whole.

Background/Story: (Note that much of this is not common knowledge)

Maqali was orphaned from her tribe when she was very young - the Imperials wiped them out, keeping a scant handful alive (including Maqali). She was adopted into an Imperial family and raised as a loyalist, with her peoples' history kept from her. When she reached puberty, her innate aether was a rather volatile - sufficiently so that her adoptive family determined that it would be in her (and the Empire's) best interest if she were to get some kind of formal training.

This began with formalized instruction from an outcast astrologian, and eventually led to her making the journey to Eorzea to learn at least the rudiments of their arts as well (know thy enemy, after all!) Despite her idealized view of the Empire, she was well aware that the frontier lands hadn't "formally joined" the Empire and that there were some "dissidents" who actively (and often violently) opposed said joining, so she was to keep her allegiance secret and simply remember to send letters back to her family periodically, noting her progress as well as the interesting things she saw.

THAT lasted until she met her actual family (well, the one survivor thereof) and was dragged (mostly kicking and screaming) to the truth of her origins. While she's not completely anti-Garlean at this point, the rose-tinted glasses are rarely worn.

More recently, a letter from her original astrologian mentor requesting her aid turned out to be a pretty obvious trap (that she nonetheless walked blindly into, suspecting nothing) as the Sharlayans are... not fond of unauthorized practitioners of their arts. She was eventually able to escape, but not before quite a bit of time had passed. Maqali made the long journey home (surprisingly, "home" was Eorzea, rather than the Castrum she grew up in) and is, for the second time, trying to find a place in it.

Personal question: "Well, I need to be doing *something*, right? It's not as though I have people lining up at my door with prospects. Or, um, have a door at all, actually. Besides, it sounds like you like to study magic, and I like to study magic, so it'd be a good fit, right?"

(OOC, it seems like it could be an interesting dynamic. The two have similar interests, but Valic sounds much more mellow than Maqali, who can be rather high-strung at times. She's also rather directionless IC at the moment, and so having a bit of stability and, well, direction, work serve her well. And I'd imagine that ensuing shenanigans would serve to liven up Valic's life too. Also, Maqali is my main and only actively-played character. I do have alts on the server, but all were created for specific RP purposes and are not active.)

ffxiv_07212017_174305_zpsqqbbfi0j.png

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Usually tend to match RP partner.

Race: Keeper Miqo'te

Interest(s): Airships and Magitek

Hobby(ies): Reading, Gardening and tinkering

Profession(s): Airship mechanic

Personality: Calm and relaxed and supportive

Goal(s): Being able to work on a Odysse or Viltgance class airship.

Background/Story: Orphaned as a young cub in Ul'dah she has no knowledge of her biological parents, but was adopted at the age of 2 by an Elezen couple and moved to Foundation where she spent most of her childhood and teen years. Got into smithing and then into mechanics due to economic reasons and has stayed in that field to this present day (also had a go at being a maid once.)

Personal question:

I do truly find the idea of being an IC retainer rather interesting, and it is something I would love to try, as having a IC/RP job would be really fun. When it comes to fulfilling Esie's goals I am not too sure how that would go, unless Valic has a Viltgance airship that Esie could work on. I find the concept that Esie is mainly focused on mechanical things, and not magic fun, and I could imagine this creating some entertaining situations and conversations, and the ability for both characters to learn about the different fields the specialize in.

After thinking about it a LOT, I ended up deciding that maybe she wouldn't be too interested in working with Valic. I feel like her motives to be a retainer don't quite lie right in where I'm hoping, while her talents are good, I think Valic wouldn't add much to her for the traits she has :x. Sorry for not contacting you sooner.

Hi, I think I typed too much. Sorry. xD

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Tsuki_Amaranth   [bit outdated but may be helpful.]

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Sort of para, with short answers thrown in when relevant, but I tend tomatch whoever I'm RPing with the best I can. I'll do all RP but not ERP. 

Race: Seeker, Miqo'te

Hobby(ies): Lately? Fighting. She has won two tournaments recently, though has limited knowledge of any other specialization than Conjury. Flinging rocks and using earth-aspected aether is her specialty but she has seen thaumaturgy andother magick specializations and wishes to learn more but is reluctant to go through the years of training that would be required. She is a little impatient.

She also can drink a little too much, enjoying rum.

Profession(s): She was a weaver, though gave it up after a tragic past, and is now a conjurer. Mostly.

Personality: Tsuki has a kind heart, to the core. However, she is quick to anger, easily wound-up, and is currently going through a period of confusion, not knowing what side of morality she should/wants to land on, having had some 'questionable' friends recently. She is very passionate, and will struggle to follow orders unless she deems the instructor strong/intelligent enough/worthy. She makes alot of mistakes due to acting without thinking sometimes.

Goal(s): She wants to be a strong sword fighter, but is clumsy, physically weak etc. Her strengths lay with aether usage.

Background/Story: I don't like to give too much away. But she's from the T Tribe originally, however adopted at a young age by parents who descended from the East and gave her name, Tsuki. (Her real name, though, she will never tell anyone this unless she trusts them with her life.) she was a very successful weaver through her late-teens, however things happened, and she swore to become a healer so no-one would ever die in her arms again. However, lately, she feels a life dedicated to soley healing isn't her full potential, and she has grown restless.

Personal question: 

After a serious of reckless actions which wound upgetting Tsuki and her friends injured, Tsuki wishes to become better at following orders and instructions, as well as learning more about various schools of magic and perhaps even sword-combat, from someone such as Valic, however, she may be difficult to work with, if approached the wrong way. She can be temperamental and unreasonable, depending on the circumstance. But she can be wise and intelligent when she wants to be.

She enjoys serving and being helpful, deep down,and learning new things, so being a retainer would be beneficial to her. Give her a sense of purpose which she currently lacks.

Still pondering this one, main concern so far being quick to anger and wound up etc. Does she know any healing magic or anything in particular around that area or only what she knows to fight in tournaments?

*snip*

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this but I'm exhausted atm and feel like I should go over it again tomorrow after I rest some. On just a couple side notes though, I do the dice thing whenever I feel it implies possession or "movement" of another character other than my own that's of extremes. Like handing a person a piece of paper I'm talking to as compared to trying to sneak a flier into their back pocket or something lol. I can't see much battle RP happening(who knows though?) but I wouldn't mind doing dungeon/etc RP when Valic requires her assistance, no need to roll dice there :P.

Her stories have me curious how they work/happened, like carbuncles that are hungry? xD. I can definitely see some interesting interactions between them with him being a studious academic and her being the more untamed go-getter type. Again, I'll need to reread a bit tomorrow but I would like to ask just a couple questions for now.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Valic_Sunblood

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=20128&pid=300191#pid300191

Under the section titled "Chronicle" is an idea of how Valic's lifespan is going through each patch and a brief summary around his involvement. Considering her age seems to be fairly young (I want to assume maybe 17 being still mid-teens but old enough to have gone through everything she has according to her description), she seems quite fresh to the concept of not being for the empire. Valic's current involvement has me questioning how much this might conflict with her with what he's up to int his current patch. Leading into the post of his journal entry (not known knowledge of course) to a current investigation plot line I've started for a lil bit that requires trust from someone who wouldn't betray him or be a potential threat to Garlemald(though if she did betray him, that'd still be interesting to see how that all gets resolved and even better if there's Garlean RP'ers out there that wanted to do battle with Valic or something along those lines in all this, or even be apart of that whole adventure). I simply ask to review the last section of the chronicle in his wiki and the post of his journal entry to question if you would have any conflicts with any of that or if your character would at all.

I am seeking a long term loyal retainer after all, just want to affirm that his plot is a bit thick atm and I wouldn't want to detour too far off it. Like say this investigation gets sidetracked because she's secretly helping Garlemald or goes on a huge side adventure of her own that requires Valic's full attention to stop/protect/rescue her(while I won't mind this in the future though of course considering she sounds like she may find herself in sticky situations at times :P).

Sorry this is so long, I type too much when I'm tired >.< look forward to you replying!

*snip*

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this but I'm exhausted atm and feel like I should go over it again tomorrow after I rest some. On just a couple side notes though, I do the dice thing whenever I feel it implies possession or "movement" of another character other than my own that's of extremes. Like handing a person a piece of paper I'm talking to as compared to trying to sneak a flier into their back pocket or something lol.

Her stories have me curious how they work/happened, like carbuncles that are hungry? xD. I can definitely see some interesting interactions between them with him being a studious academic and her being the more untamed go-getter type. Again, I'll need to reread a bit tomorrow but I would like to ask just a couple questions for now.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Valic_Sunblood

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=20128&pid=300191#pid300191

Under the section titled "Chronicle" is an idea of how Valic's lifespan is going through each patch and a brief summary around his involvement. Considering her age seems to be fairly young (I want to assume maybe 17 being still mid-teens but old enough to have gone through everything she has according to her description), she seems quite fresh to the concept of not being for the empire. Valic's current involvement has me questioning how much this might conflict with her with what he's up to int his current patch. Leading into the post of his journal entry (not known knowledge of course) to a current investigation plot line I've started for a lil bit that requires trust from someone who wouldn't betray him or be a potential threat to Garlemald(though if she did betray him, that'd still be interesting to see how that all gets resolved and even better if there's Garlean RP'ers out there that wanted to do battle with Valic or something along those lines in all this, or even be apart of that whole adventure). I simply ask to review the last section of the chronicle in his wiki and the post of his journal entry to question if you would have any conflicts with any of that or if your character would at all.

I am seeking a long term loyal retainer after all, just want to affirm that his plot is a bit thick atm and I wouldn't want to detour too far off it. Like say this investigation gets sidetracked because she's secretly helping Garlemald or goes on a huge side adventure of her own that requires Valic's full attention to stop/protect/rescue her(while I won't mind this in the future though of course considering she sounds like she may find herself in sticky situations at times :P).

Sorry this is so long, I type too much when I'm tired >.< look forward to you replying!

Short reply before I dig into the journals/chronicles, unless he's wanting to murder every Imperial man, woman, and child, there's not likely to be outright conflict between them. She's grown enough in the last cycle or two to realize that maybe, just maybe, she doesn't have all the facts and is pretty open-minded. :)

She also values personal loyalty above loyalty to a concept. Otherwise, she'd have ratted out her sister ages ago, before she had the blinders off. As for the rest, let me get to reading and I'll be back!

*snip*

*snipsnip*

Short reply before I dig into the journals/chronicles, unless he's wanting to murder every Imperial man, woman, and child, there's not likely to be outright conflict between them. She's grown enough in the last cycle or two to realize that maybe, just maybe, she doesn't have all the facts and is pretty open-minded. :)

She also values personal loyalty above loyalty to a concept. Otherwise, she'd have ratted out her sister ages ago, before she had the blinders off. As for the rest, let me get to reading and I'll be back!

A more thorough reply appeared!

Having read your journals, I do not feel as though Valic and Maqali are likely to come into conflict. As I mentioned above, she places a high value on personal loyalty, but in addition while she's not gung-ho anti-Empire, she's seen enough to believe that there are people who are taking the Empire in a bad direction (and she's spent enough time in Ul'dah to know that Ala Mhigo was not a good thing). I definitely see potential for longer-term shared story relating to the Empire, though! More likely than her betraying him would be her trying to "make contact with the good people of the Empire and encourage/rescue/etc. them" and getting in over her head. So, you wouldn't have to worry about your loyal retainer selling you out! That said, she's also rather naive in many ways, so while an intentional betrayal is unlikely, an accidental one is far more so (especially if it serves to promote the plot).

On a related note to the above, from an OOC perspective I definitely try not to usurp other peoples' plots by going "WAIT LOOK OVER HERE AT WHAT I'M DOING!" which is essentially what an unplanned betrayal would be. There's nothing saying we couldn't plan one OOCly to further the plot, but I definitely wouldn't mess with your plot by derailing it in such a fashion. That would be very bad form on my part :)

As for other Imperial-sympathetic players? There IS a linkshell of such, and I'm still part of it, but not sure how active it is at the moment. I can certainly shake the tree and see what comes out if/when the time comes.

*snip*

*snipsnip*

Having read your journals, I do not feel as though Valic and Maqali are likely to come into conflict. As I mentioned above, she places a high value on personal loyalty, but in addition while she's not gung-ho anti-Empire, she's seen enough to believe that there are people who are taking the Empire in a bad direction (and she's spent enough time in Ul'dah to know that Ala Mhigo was not a good thing). I definitely see potential for longer-term shared story relating to the Empire, though! More likely than her betraying him would be her trying to "make contact with the good people of the Empire and encourage/rescue/etc. them" and getting in over her head. So, you wouldn't have to worry about your loyal retainer selling you out! That said, she's also rather naive in many ways, so while an intentional betrayal is unlikely, an accidental one is far more so (especially if it serves to promote the plot).

On a related note to the above, from an OOC perspective I definitely try not to usurp other peoples' plots by going "WAIT LOOK OVER HERE AT WHAT I'M DOING!" which is essentially what an unplanned betrayal would be. There's nothing saying we couldn't plan one OOCly to further the plot, but I definitely wouldn't mess with your plot by derailing it in such a fashion. That would be very bad form on my part :)

As for other Imperial-sympathetic players? There IS a linkshell of such, and I'm still part of it, but not sure how active it is at the moment. I can certainly shake the tree and see what comes out if/when the time comes.

Very good, I don't think I'd count Valic as a murderer or someone to racially slaughter Garleans specifically either. He's more specifically aiding in the war at hand now considering he couldn't in the times before.... His eyes are definitely peeled and he's taken a more strong/stoic stance to this investigation considering the severity of leaking information and the like.

Let me mull it over a bit and we'll arrange for something to set it up or practice, I'll give you my discord in pm's. I also only RP while I have the tag up and have a linkshells dedicated for just the 2's interactions via linkpearl if ever needed.

*snip*

*snipsnip*

Very good, I don't think I'd count Valic as a murderer or someone to racially slaughter Garleans specifically either. He's more specifically aiding in the war at hand now considering he couldn't in the times before.... His eyes are definitely peeled and he's taken a more strong/stoic stance to this investigation considering the severity of leaking information and the like.

Let me mull it over a bit and we'll arrange for something to set it up or practice, I'll give you my discord in pm's. I also only RP while I have the tag up and have a linkshells dedicated for just the 2's interactions via linkpearl if ever needed.

Sounds good to me! Like you, I run the RP tag during RP times and don't when not. I'll be around on and off throughout the day today. :)