Nhyra's corner

For Eva...!

I couldn't decide which one to continue and even if I tried, had hard time continuing either one. Pff! So two veery sketchy thingies. ^^ And the first one has the mark on wrong side since the pic looked better this way.

8855063239_e3843c6d84_z.jpg

8855676320_099a3341f0_z.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow!!  I love them both!  :bouncy:  And even though the tattoo is on the wrong side on the first one, it could be like a picture of a reflection in a mirror.  That's awesome!!  Thank you so much!

I really love the first pic of Eva, although I feel the ear might be a tad to high. Lovely work nonetheless!

I still have so much to improve at when it comes to anatomy x_x thanks for pointing it out.

And thanks to everyone else who bothered to comment :>

And little piece of non XIV... I saw a pretty picture and "cartoonized" it. The one who guesses reference gets a cookie.

8869508331_0b58e65e21_z.jpg

Presenting today, after selecting random wiki page to draw... Tessa Jalloh! At least it tries... Figuring out how to use Photoshop again.

8939624266_fd088f1b00_o.jpg

Going to be a long week, all morning shifts at work... lots of time to draw if I don't die to the heat outside x_x

And err, the mystery picture was actually a photo of Lana Del Rey. I never tried to make it look like the original so it might've come out like Alice!

If morning shifts = lots of time to draw.. that's epic.

Very cute Tessa rendition. Miqo'te always look like they're swimming in their armor when they wear the heavy stuff. xD

Thanks for comments again<3 And well, evening shifts would be lots of time to draw too, if I didn't always manage to sleep so late..

For Moonfire this time~  I saw that you only had one picture of your character and wanted to try how she'd turn out in my hands. :3

After struggling with the hair and with no idea how to fix it.. I'll just post it in the state I managed to get it to. No idea how to paint hair today ._.; Apologies. I will return to it later...

8950511489_3416c2a3fb_o.jpg

It's frustrating, when you first feel like you know how to do something and next all self-condifence is crumbling. *mutters* Should start from easy things.

Oh! I know exactly where you've gone wrong with her hair: Her hairline is way too high. Her forehead should be between a half and two-thirds as high before it reaches the hairline. Adjust that, and you should be able to bring down the general volume at the back to something more manageable. The hairline does not start at the very top of the skull, and is lower on women in particular.

<-See my avatar for reference (ignoring the problems it has in other respects).

It's kind of like she's bald and you've put an over-sized wig on her, then padded out the inside of the wig so it's shaped  right, then put it over her skull only to find it now doesn't fit all the way over to her forehead, if that helps you visualise it. Drawing an outline of her skull, keeping it on a separate layer that you can remove later, as you draw the hair in should take care of issue. :)

Really nice face, though. Very delicate work. The hair's pretty other than the misalignment, too. :thumbsup:

Allgivenover - I like the style in the video. Ty!

Rhostel - Thank you for tips! I did try to lower the hairline. My biggest problem however was the hair looking so painted, whereas the face had more realism. Best way to fix it would've been painting the hair from scratch. I don't have patience for that... Next time I will try to build the hair by painting invidual strands... and using the outline of the skull!

Arlon, Eva, Aysun, Kassandra Dawn, Alothia and Kerr, thank you for compliments!

I tried to fix it a bit... mostly just slapped on highlights etc. with different layer modes. I declare it finished with my current skills. It ended up veery glowy. Lots of bronzing powder? But I'm happy if the character's owner is happy.

8962046204_bea41bcc24_z.jpg

Next I might try out non-Miqo'te female... any volunteers? 8-)

Edit:

And a bonus! Since I posted same pic twice. More WoW trolls, this time a pissed off one.

8962296164_fb5ec3570b_o.png

I agree with Rhostel, it does look even better now (and it looked great before!)

I do love your work!!

*volunteers*

*volunteers Selene instead*

Dat troll be trollin!!  Frightening, and excellent arts!!  :love:

Sorry I haven't been feeling well so haven't checked the site much.

I am flattered and impressed. You captured her face so well! The hair isn't bad at all. Maybe just a lil more red and it would be perfect!

Thank you SO much I love it!!

:D:love::thumbsup: