Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning

Xenedra

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61990-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Purchase-Questions?p=996799&viewfull=1#post996799

Above is a link to some new info of just how the transition into FFXIV 2.0 is going to work. I'd also like to draw your attention to this specific little bit:

UKyYKfc.jpg

If you have the original collectors edition for your 1.0 account, you've got nothing to worry about. You get the digital items (not the physical) without lifting a finger. If your 1.0 account was the standard version, though, you'll need to either buy the digital upgrade OR make sure you get the PS3 version (if you want the physical swag), so your codes will work on your old account. In both cases, if you want the physical items, you've got to get a new collector's edition, but make sure you get the right one!

(Good eye, allgivenover!)

If you can cancel your pre-order (assuming you have the standard 1.0 edition), I would do that. Then I would either wait to see if they do a digital upgrade pre-order, OR wait for when you can do the digital upgrade. The beauty of digital upgrades is that they are usually only limited availability based on the company's choice, so pre-ordering it is not usually a big deal.

Because this is causing some of confusion I'm going to summarize a few posts SE has made on the lodestone as well as on the lodestone forums regarding at least the CE/Legacy junk.

For PC peeps:

IF YOU USED A 1.0 CE AND ARE LEGACY:

If you want the digital CE in-game items:You will get a free download of the ARR CE's digital upgrade including these in-game items.

If you want the physical CE bonus items: You will need to purchase the ARR CE.

If you want early access: You will get early access as a LEGACY account holder.

If you want the preorder in-game items: You will need to pre-order ARR or the ARR CE.

IF YOU USED A 1.0 CE and are NON-LEGACY:

If you want the digital CE in-game items : You will get a free download of the ARR CE's digital upgrade including these in-game items.

If you want early access: You will need to pre-order ARR or the ARR CE.

If you want the pre-order in-game items: You will need to pre-order ARR or the ARR CE.

IF YOU DID NOT USE A 1.0 CE AND ARE LEGACY:

If you want the digital CE in-game items : You will need to purchase the ARR CE's digital upgrade.

If you want early access: You will get early access as a LEGACY account holder.

If you want the pre-order in-game items: You will need to pre-order ARR or the ARR CE.

IF YOU DID NOT USE A 1.0 CE AND ARE NON-LEGACY:

If you want the digital CE in-game items : You will need to purchase the ARR CE's digital upgrade.

If you want early access: You will need to pre-order ARR or the ARR CE.

I hope this helps.

*DISCLAIMER*: I extrapolated this from this and this. I am not SE and I cannot guarantee what I have said will work, but this is, to the best of my knowledge, how they have things set up.

See the quotes below if you wish to see how they've worded it:

• Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.

• Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.

• Players who have fulfilled the requirements of the Legacy Campaign will be able to take part in early access and play before the official start of service.
  • The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.
  • As long as you pre-order, the PS3 version can be linked to your pre-existing FFXIV account to play early on the PC version.
  • If you have no interest in the physical items that come with the collector's edition, and have no intentions of playing on the PS3, using the digital upgrade will allow you to receive the collector's edition items with your current account.
  • Early access is a pre-order bonus for those purchasing FFXIV:ARR. Players who purchased the original collector's edition are also required to pre-order FFXIV:ARR. The only exception to this rule are those who meet the requirements for Legacy status. 
  • The collector's edition bonus items are included in the product code, so any registration of the product code to a specific service account would include all the bonus items solely to that service account. Pre-order bonus item codes however are separate and can be registered to any service account.
  • If you buy the PS3 collector's edition, you'll be able to receive the collector's edition items granted you register the PS3 version to your legacy account.

Ok, first they say this:

What if I bought the old version of FFXIV, and I already have characters on my account, but I'm looking to get the in game pre-order and collector's edition items. If I pre-order the collector's edition, then register the pre-order and collector's edition codes to my existing account, will I be able to get all the in game items?

You will receive the pre-order items, but the registration code for the Windows collector's edition cannot be used with a pre-existing Windows service account. To receive the in game items for the collector's edition, please use the digital upgrade.

• Early access is a pre-order bonus for those purchasing FFXIV:ARR. Players who purchased the original collector's edition are also required to pre-order FFXIV:ARR.
  • **The collector's edition bonus items are included in the product code, so any registration of the product code to a specific service account would include all the bonus items solely to that service account. Pre-order bonus item codes however are separate and can be registered to any service account.

I need to get clarification on this. I submitted a support ticket and I'll be calling customer support tomorrow. I guess I could just start fresh with a new account. The only thing I would be missing are garland goggles and a level 14 archer.

Uruvion, I can't see any contradiction. Can you tell me what you think it is?

Do you think the second red part is implying product codes can be registered to any service account? Because it's not at all. It's just talking about how any service account you register will not grant its bonus items to any other service account registered on your Square Enix account.

Can't get early access because I'm not Legacy? Even though I have the 1.0 CE?

Wow, that's... harsh. I mean, I know Legacy people get a bunch of perks, but I would imagine buying CE at launch would at least mean I get to play on the 'real' date it launches.

Wow, that's... harsh. I mean, I know Legacy people get a bunch of perks, but I would imagine buying CE at launch would at least mean I get to play on the 'real' date it launches.

You get access to Beta phase 4, which includes almost all content and progress is planned to not be wiped. Plus you get to carry over any progress you made on your characters from 1.0.

Not getting into early access just means you have a few days gap between the end of beta and the official launch where you can't play. That's it.

You can get the upgrade to the ARR CE and get the in-game items for free due to your original purchase, but the early access is for people who pre-order ARR or are Legacy.

Could be a lot worse. You could have to re-buy the game to play it? xD

Also, updated my other post. Thanks for the info!

You get access to Beta phase 4, which includes almost all content and progress is planned to not be wiped. Plus you get to carry over any progress you made on your characters from 1.0.

Not getting into early access just means you have a few days gap between the end of beta and the official launch where you can't play. That's it.

I've had access since the first Alpha Phase. Also, my character from 1.0 is probably going to get deleted; my highest level on him is 11, needless to say I realized I wasn't getting my money's worth and never came back.

I just assumed that I'd be treated as if I had bought the CE before because I have. CE buyers from 1.0 had early access.

You can get the upgrade to the ARR CE and get the in-game items for free due to your original purchase, but the early access is for people who pre-order ARR or are Legacy.

I can't afford pre-ordering. Not in my financial situation.

I just despise falling behind. Meh. Guess I'll be absent for that week.

But you're right. It is indeed very generous of them to offer the client free to all whom came before, and $30 for those who didn't.

I've had access since the first Alpha Phase. Also, my character from 1.0 is probably going to get deleted; my highest level on him is 11, needless to say I realized I wasn't getting my money's worth and never came back.

I just assumed that I'd be treated as if I had bought the CE before because I have. CE buyers from 1.0 had early access.

I can't afford pre-ordering. Not in my financial situation.

I just despise falling behind. Meh. Guess I'll be absent for that week.

But you're right. It is indeed very generous of them to offer the client free to all whom came before, and $30 for those who didn't.

Just remember it's not a race, and you'll have plenty of people to help you "catch up" too if you really are concerned about that. :) As well as there will be plenty of people who are not pre-ordering.

Just remember it's not a race, and you'll have plenty of people to help you "catch up" too if you really are concerned about that. :) As well as there will be plenty of people who are not pre-ordering.

Seriously. Never be afraid to ask me for help. I might not wanna right then, but I'll always be flattered.