Greetings on Mateus

LazyFox

Hello,

I am new FFXIV and though I am NOT new to role-play, I have stepped away from it (and gaming) for a good while, because life post-college was taking a lot of time and energy, so gaming went out the window. But, I have really missed it and am giving this game a go at now. I am rusty at role-play, to be sure, but older and more worldly, so surely that will translate to something positive.

I have an Elezen on Mateus named Ivenne Vedeois that I have leveled up to 34 or so, and I am really liking the game play on her. It feels very old school to me, in a good way - I come from the era of EQ1 as my gateway into MMOs.

Questing has been keeping me busy while I learn the lore enough to hammer out a persona and backstory. I always tended to gravitate towards dark and gritty themed role-play, and have role-played a variety of characters within that context, from righteous (goodly and evilly so) to heroic and honorable, to the shady and treacherous sorts. I have not decided what way to lean Ivenne yet. The cuteness of the world is kind of pushing me evil-side, hah. Need some balance.

Figured I’d say “hi” and start making some friends before I start a serious hunt for a free company. Cheerio!

Welcome! Glad to have another on Balmung's little sibling RP server, Mateus! :moogle:

When you decide on her origins and backstory, do let me know! I'd love to roleplay with you sometime! As a suggestion; we can never have too many Ishgardians! Since Heavensward, there's lore galore about there! Whichever you choose, hope to see you around!

Welcome! Glad to have another on Balmung's little sibling RP server, Mateus! :moogle:

When you decide on her origins and backstory, do let me know! I'd love to roleplay with you sometime! As a suggestion; we can never have too many Ishgardians! Since Heavensward, there's lore galore about there! Whichever you choose, hope to see you around!

Funny you mention Ishgard, because I have just broken into the quests there and have made up my mind that Ivenne's got history with the place. ;)

I am torn between her being a zealot Inquisitor OR perhaps a former or "traitorous" Inquisitor that works with some sort of "underground railroad" of sorts that sneaks falsely accused heretics out of Ishgard. I have ideas for either route.

I wonder if there are any RPers or guilds that have a theme similar for me to seek out? That would help me decide what way to go, I think...because I am lazy. And if there is already an active group RPing on that theme, it makes it way easier for me to adapt a backstory and join in. :lol:

Also, thanks everyone, for the welcomes!

Hello,

I am new FFXIV and though I am NOT new to role-play, I have stepped away from it (and gaming) for a good while, because life post-college was taking a lot of time and energy, so gaming went out the window. But, I have really missed it and am giving this game a go at now. I am rusty at role-play, to be sure, but older and more worldly, so surely that will translate to something positive.

I have an Elezen on Mateus named Ivenne Vedeois that I have leveled up to 34 or so, and I am really liking the game play on her. It feels very old school to me, in a good way - I come from the era of EQ1 as my gateway into MMOs.

Questing has been keeping me busy while I learn the lore enough to hammer out a persona and backstory. I always tended to gravitate towards dark and gritty themed role-play, and have role-played a variety of characters within that context, from righteous (goodly and evilly so) to heroic and honorable, to the shady and treacherous sorts. I have not decided what way to lean Ivenne yet. The cuteness of the world is kind of pushing me evil-side, hah. Need some balance.

Figured I’d say “hi” and start making some friends before I start a serious hunt for a free company. Cheerio!

Hello and welcome to ffxiv and to mateus! Glad to hear youre enjoying it :) I've no regrets myself about moving to mateus, the people are nice, the rp from what I've viewed is great and the server is growing each day. I've yet to rp myself as building and FC for friends who are witches and vampires alike as well as other things that go bump in the night has kept me rather busy. But alas it's not the destination but the journey to get there that matters most. If another friend is what ya need look me up on mateus :) our FC is recruiting any non lala's ATM if it seems to suit your fancy just shoot me a msg here or in game

Stay awesome,

Taranis