Looking for Discord/Forum/etc RP.

Well, this has been on my to-do list for literally months and New Year's is the time to get things done, right?

My schedule tends to run a little weird and the fact I'm on PST tends to put my availability late. Couple that with the fact that things like D&D demand my attention during the times people tend to be RPing and it's a recipe for an insane amount of difficulty RPing in game. I'm really slow at typing too so I might as well be doing slower forms of RP anyways.

So as the title says I'm looking to RP outside the game itself. I'm used to using forums, Discord, and Skype but if you have something else in mind you can try throwing that at me. I typically hold myself to a standard of one post a day minimum though post length and how much I'm currently juggling sometimes means I can crank out more or be reduced to less. As this is a slower style of RP, I also typically expect at least a paragraph per post and I do my best to match length if I'm given at least that.

In the interest of keeping this post from going on too long you can find more of my preferences and a short description of my character over here. Feel free to ask for more info on anything! Don't let the Balmung tag over there stop you either. I'm happy to RP with people from any server.

Last but not least I would like to warn everyone reading this that since I sort of keep disappearing and reappearing here I'm still very new to FFXIV RP. Naturally, I'm here looking to change that. I'm not confident enough with my knowledge to make my own plots but I'm more than happy to play a role in others' stories. I'm also more than happy to bounce ideas back and forth until we've come up with something. I'd like to think I'm decent with starting points but I falter when it comes to moving things along or wrapping them up.

Despite the age of this post, it's been an absolute nightmare finding people willing to go out of game. I'm more comfortable with my lore knowledge than I was in the past but I still don't have a lot of experience. I like getting a feel for my partner's writing style, preferences, and character before putting forth my own plots, scenes, hooks, etc but I'm still very, very new to such things.

Feel free to reply here, shoot me a PM, or hit me up on Discord at Oaris#0605. I have to say I have been hesitant about publicly posting my Discord in the past simply because I like knowing who's adding me ahead of time. You may have to poke me a few times to get my attention once I finally notice I have a friend request and add you.

Edited by Mermaid
Update
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since I was recently asked if I was still around, I guess perhaps I should mention that I'm pretty much always looking unless I'm on hiatus or completely swamped. So until I close this thread feel free to hit me up.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Ashram Narse said:

Ill ad to, ive not done discord RP but would love to try.

It's mostly just more explaining than in game RP. A couple paragraphs vs a couple sentences. I'd post examples but I'm the kind of person who gets so self conscious about my own writing that I trash it. 😓

Hit me up here or on Discord. 👍

• 1 month later...

New patch has only been out a couple days and I've already gotten all the items from the new Extreme fight for two characters. If anyone else can't run Monster Hunter World at a decent frame rate and is looking for RP to fill the time hit me up. :P

Edited by Mermaid
wording
  • 1 month later...

Expected to go hard on raid this tier and that's fallen through so might as well bump this. Think I might have lost track of a few people I added on Discord in the hectic past month I've had so feel free to poke me again if I have.