[13 February 2018] So what are "clubs" and why have they replaced the Halls?

We're expecting a lot of people to have questions about the new Linkshell Hall and Free Company Hall

So what are clubs and what do the options mean??!

Club Types

Spoiler

Four types of clubs are available:

• Public clubs
    Clubs that anyone can see and participate in without joining.
  • Open club
    Clubs that anyone can see and join.
  • Closed club
    Clubs that anyone can see in the directory, but joining must be approved by a Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas.
  • Private club
    (Currently disabled) Clubs that do not show in public,
     and users must be invited by a Club Leader or Club Moderator
  • Read-only club
    (Not released yet) In a read only 
    club, everyone can (without joining) view everything in the club, but cannot participate unless they are invited by a club leader.

Club Users

Spoiler

Each club has three levels of user:

• Leader
      A leader has all of the permissions of
      amoderator, and can add other moderators. They can also add content areas (see below). The club owner is automatically a leader.
    • Moderators
      Moderators, as the name implies, have the ability to moderate content posted within the club. As the site administrator, you can define which moderator tools can be used. You could, for example, prevent any content being deleted from clubs, but allow it to be hidden. Moderators can also remove members from a club.
    • Users
      Anyone else that joins the club.

You can also filter your club searches. By default, the RPC has containers for All Active Linkshells, All Active Free Companies, and then server-specific sections for the above. You adjust the filters when browsing if looking for an inactive club or for just a server, etc.

These are the features currently turned on club leader and moderators:
    znsuX.png

Club Content/Features

Here we go!

Club sections allow you to make an entire subcommunity on the RPC. That includes a little home page section for basic details, an activity feed, a subforum (default named Topics), an image gallery, calendar, blog, and potentially more if additional modules are added to the site! What other people can see depends on your club type. It's important to note that content posted inside a club will not show up on the rest of the site. (This will likely affect the image gallery and calendar use the most.) If you'd like your club content to be imported into the main gallery, you'll need to upload a copy. If you'd like your events imported into the community calendar, please contact the RPC staff and we'll help get an event feed set up for this!

Open and Public clubs will broadcast information for everyone to see if they visit the page. It won't show up on the main site's calendar feed or latest threads. 

Closed and Private clubs will broadcast information only to people with access to that club. (Members and all RPC staff). If you're setting up an open event or want other people to see your content, you'll want to adjust your club to one of the above types. If you want things to stay locked down and kept internally, these are the way to go.

18 minutes ago, Anstarra said:

I have to wonder though.. why Clubs? Rather than Halls? To me the term 'Club' kinda breaks my immersion a bit.. I dunno, it's not a huge deal, but I'm curious. Was it not possible just to keep the term 'Halls'?

It's just the name of the IPS Plugin, really. Under the Admin control panels, the feature is labelled under "Clubs".