Is it too late for an introduction?

Averis

Even though I've been a member of this site since 2010 (has it been that long?), I haven't been very active. I was here when 1.0 launched and I even started an LS with some friends (Balthazar's Favor). But the game didn't do well, as we know, many left the LS and I eventually stopped playing myself, only to login from time to time. Oddly, I never made an introduction post here. Seeing as ARR will soon be upon us and I've become very eager to make ARR my new gaming home, it seemed like a good time to jump back in with the RP community here and thus make this post.

Whew, long explanation aside...

--MMORPG background

Started in Anarchy Online and played nearly every major MMO since and even some not so major. Did WoW for several years, like many. Also played IX for some time, but never got that far. I did play a WHM for a while. I'll never forget that.

I've become very disheartened by the current MMO industry. So much that I pretty much refuse to play F2P MMOs. So for me, FFXIV is like my last bastion of hope. I really miss the more traditional aspects of MMORPGs where you have party roles, regular content and proper expansions. So I'm very eager to make a long stay in FFXIV because I feel that it may be the last "true" MMO. I'll also be heartbroken if it too goes F2P, but that's another topic altogether.

--RP experience

I didn't start to get into RP until Lineage 2, which was pretty much my second MMO. I'm not even really sure how I got into it. I never did tabletop gaming or anything so it was new to me. I was lucky to find a really awesome group of role-players there that were a small, tight knit group. They really took me in and I learned a lot. Since then I have been in several RP guilds and even co-managed some and was an officer a couple times as well. I also started and maintained the Aion Roleplayers community.

--Character ideas/info

I already have a couple characters in FFXIV, but I never got them very far. My current plans for ARR is to start over with a new character. Right now it will likely be a young (late teens/early 20s) female Hyur Midlander (I love that they don't call them humans) with a lean to caster classes/jobs. I really want to play an Archanist since I tend to love pet classes. Her story is currently in development, but I have some basics already in mind.

I've also toyed with having a Miqo'te alt. Even though alts are kinda pointless in this game, I tend to view certain races to go with certain classes. Doubly so when I RP them.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Honestly, I don't recall. But probably through the usual channels. I've been part of the MMO RP community for a while. We aren't that large, and I've bumped into RP friends over and over again over the years.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I filled out a directory profile, which goes into detail here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2246

Basically I'm mostly a med-heavy role-player, but I do also like to sometimes just play the game as a game.

I'm also on the look out for an LS/FC. Please read my profile for what I'm looking for.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Mmm, nothing super interesting. I'm a graphic artist by trade. In my spare time I like to draw and game. I love open-world games. I'm a huge explorer. So don't be surprised if you see my character jumping up a hill in the name of exploration (OOC of course). I'm a night owl. So even though I'm EST, I tend to stay up well into the AM. Other types of hobbies would be casual comic collecting, casual anime watching (was a huge fan when I was a teen), I used to be big on Japanese culture in general. I also have some history in the webcomic community. I've been trying to get a new webcomic going (and have been for the last couple years. sigh).

Anyway, that's about it. Hope to see some of you in game.

casual comic collecting

^ Caught my eye. What do you read? 

Sorry if this is off-topic, I've followed DC and Marvel (and occasionally Image and Dark Horse) religiously since I was six so when someone says "comic collecting" I perk up like a meerkat.

casual comic collecting

^ Caught my eye. What do you read? 

Sorry if this is off-topic, I've followed DC and Marvel (and occasionally Image and Dark Horse) religiously since I was six so when someone says "comic collecting" I perk up like a meerkat.

Haha, awesome! I was a much bigger comic fan when I was younger. I became really heavy into it during the early Image era. I still have a lot of early Image comics. Some of my favs were "The Tenth", "Witchblade" and "Danger Girl". I was also into the X-Men reboot around that time. Also liked some DC stuff. Always been a bit of a closet SuperGirl fan. :P She gets no love. Lately, I don't buy too many pysical books as I used to except some TPBs and now digital editions on my iPad. Some recent comics like Josh Howard's stuff (Dead@17), NeoZoic, Hotwire etc. I'm starting to get back into some TopCow stuff. Was just checking out the new Aphrodite IX series.

I've been trying to get a new webcomic going (and have been for the last couple years. sigh).

OhgodsIknowhowthatis. Someday, I'll actually settle on an idea. Then maybe I'll be able to do more than sketch a handful of concepts before scrapping and starting over. :dazed:

Hope to see you post more and stuff!

Yes, it's too late. Barracks are full, we don't have enough food left, and so on. Move along now~

I kid of course...

OR DO I?!

Welcome back~ I remember you quite well. I thought Baltazor's Favor was an awesome concept and was sad to see it go. I can think of a couple linkshells that would likely fit you very well, but I don't think I should plug any in this forum section (etiquette and all xD). Either way, hope to see you in Eorzea this time around~

Gah! I somehow missed these replies. Thanks for the welcomes everyone... or is it re-welcomes? :dazed:

I've been trying to get a new webcomic going (and have been for the last couple years. sigh).

OhgodsIknowhowthatis. Someday, I'll actually settle on an idea. Then maybe I'll be able to do more than sketch a handful of concepts before scrapping and starting over. :dazed:

Hope to see you post more and stuff!

YUP! This is me exactly. I just need to force myself to settle on one and move forward.

OMG Averis, you still here too :o

*waves*

HEY! I know you! Long time no see. :lol:

Yes, it's too late. Barracks are full, we don't have enough food left, and so on. Move along now~

I kid of course...

OR DO I?!

Welcome back~ I remember you quite well. I thought Baltazor's Favor was an awesome concept and was sad to see it go. I can think of a couple linkshells that would likely fit you very well, but I don't think I should plug any in this forum section (etiquette and all xD). Either way, hope to see you in Eorzea this time around~

Drat! But it's cold out here... and I think I hear strange noises in the shadows. :cry:

The BF site still exists, but my fellow co-leaders have moved on to another game. Those bastards... :dodgy: Haha

I've toyed with the idea of starting a new LS, but I'm gonna see how things pan out with finding a suitable group of fine role-players first. I have my eyes on a couple already. I'm gonna stalk them for a while. I'm still waiting to see if we get an official RP server.

• 2 weeks later...

Belated hullo! I saw you posting in another thread and was wondering if you were Averis from Aion Roleplayers. Sure enough, you are.

It's great to see you here. :D

<------Isceroth

Hey! Fancy meeting you here! Yup, yup, I've been lurking these halls, giving people a hard time. Haha.

Might I see you in ARR or are you just passing through?