State of Mateus RP

Tistan

I've been away from the game for quite a long time. I have multiple characters on Balmung but I've heard the rp community on Mateus has gotten quite large. The discord for Mateus RP seems much larger and more active than any balmung discord. Are there any Mateus Rp'ers out there that could enlighten me on the current situation on Mateus? Is it worth transferring one of my characters on Balmung over? I'd love to have player housing but it seems impossible on Balmung. Is it a lot easier to acquire housing on Mateus?

I'm currently standing outside of the QS and it's really busy tonight. There's frequent events and the discords are incredibly active. Mateus tends to focus heavier on discords and tumblr. I would say if you have a spare character sure, but if you don't mind leveling an alt probably even better so you don't have to spend money (if it still costs to transfer to Mateus, I think it does). It doesn't take that long to level these days especially with options like PotD and HoH, and doing the msq. Housing is naturally difficult on any of the "RP servers", but I see houses go on sale almost every day if not every other day. I was able to grab a house for my FC with a bit of staying up one Saturday. When I got on at primetime today I had a very tiny queue, so it's currently healthy. That said, the server shuts down during prime time for character creation like any other medium+ pop server.

Edited by Fox

Plots go on sale pretty regularly on Balmung. All you have to do is camp the spot for hours and hope you click faster than the other people camping too. Pretty sure it's more or less similar on Mateus.

^ It is. I visited Mateus on an alt recently and it had a familiar buzz of activity like Balmung does. I'd make an alt on Mateus during non-peak hours instead of transferring if I were you, since we have no idea when Balmung is going to open again and you might regret losing that character slot. Either way, my friends have fun over on Mateus and have no trouble finding RP, so go for it!

5 hours ago, Valence said:

Plots go on sale pretty regularly on Balmung. All you have to do is camp the spot for hours and hope you click faster than the other people camping too. Pretty sure it's more or less similar on Mateus.

On Mateus; alot less people camping unless you're on Shiro. There's a bit more, like maybe 2-3 people at most on certain Shiro plots? When I got the FC house; I didn't have to fight anyone. But people did pass the spot during the day.

Watching that casually unfold everyday on the NN on Balmung I've seen regular cries of joy from players stumbling on plots without anyone camping them. A couple of weeks ago, it was someone stumbling on a free plot without a timer.

Most of the time though, it's the usual camping with adversaries.

Edited by Valence
  • 3 months later...