RPer coming in to a new game

Hello!  I've come from a variety of different games from Potco and ROBLOX when I was but a young kid, to WoW, ESO, and D&D as I've grown.  I've been rping approximately.. 10 years? I'm 20 now, so I think over half of my life has been spent RPing at this point xD

I have a couple character ideas and they're pretty basic barebones.  A Mage and a craftsman.  Beyond that, it'll take me a while.  My characters tend to grow organically as ideas pop into my head.  Especially since I don't know a lot of the lore, this allows me to start with something basic, and as I learn more and more about this wonderful world, to make even more elaborate characters.

I learned about this place after searching up "FFXIV Rping servers" and, well, finding one post about last year about Balamung being in an uncertain amount of Downtime.

I plan on being a medium-heavy roleplayer.  Not too much where I barely enjoy quests and things like that or am ic all the time I'm online, but I want it to be a majority of my gametime.  It's how I've had fun in any game that has a good RP community

And, for someone coming in new to FFXIV rping, what server would be good to get into?

Edited by Daisuke1038
had to add just a couple things

Welcome to the RPC! o/

1 hour ago, Daisuke1038 said:

I have a couple character ideas and they're pretty basic barebones.  A Mage and a craftsman.  Beyond that, it'll take me a while.  My characters tend to grow organically as ideas pop into my head.  Especially since I don't know a lot of the lore, this allows me to start with something basic, and as I learn more and more about this wonderful world, to make even more elaborate characters.

I tend to do the same thing as I get a feel for the character. It can be bad for setting things up but I always feel more comfortable with my characters that way. If you need lore help Sounsyy has tons of resources over in Lore Discussion.

1 hour ago, Daisuke1038 said:

And, for someone coming in new to FFXIV rping, what server would be good to get into?

Balmung is still locked down so Mateus has been named the new RP server. I've been messing around with a new alt over there and the RP scene is just as lively as Balmung. The low level areas are more active than Balmung's too so it'll feel populated if you're concerned about that sort of thing. The high level areas can feel a little lonely at times though.