So, odd question but a question none-the-less. I recalled hearing something about there being a possibility of two Nunhs(?) in a Tribe. One being the breeding male and one being a supervisor of sorts or something? I do not recall the exact situation and that is why I am here. Seeker lore, I seem to run into it in places and it is normally sparse or mostly about naming or something. Because it is one of the first races introduced I wanted to know just how much reading material is out there for our dear tribal cats; and if anyone can help me better understand their hierarchy and the like. I know Sounssy(?) keeps large lore posts somewhere but I'll be honest and admit I've lost a lot of that recently ;; Any information is helpful and appreciated. 

When several Nunhs are required is when the tribe has grown substantially enough in size that they need two of them (or potentially more). Their role doesn't change, they are both breeding males. The M tribe in SB is such an example.

Nunhs often have a lot of responsibilities other than breeding, like teaching, supervising, or even leading for some of them, but that's not a requirement. They have such responsibilities simply because of their position of power and probably also because if they reached that position it's probably not only due to sheer luck but certain skills (martial yes, that too is important... but some like the leader of the U tribe in the Sagolii are very shrewd politically inclined).

link to seeker lore

Edited by Valence

I always direct people here first when dishing out a heaping helping of Seeker of the Sun lore. You are reminding me that I should at some point screenshot the conversation with M'rahz Nunh on the subject of two Nunh. Valence already addressed it perfectly so I won't go there too much.

It is worth noting that not all Nunh are the tribe leader, and it's also (at least to me) worth noting that Nunh don't have Jim Jones level of influence where the women are under his control. (Well, unless he's the crazy Coeurlclaw King ... )

P3zCC9W.jpg

Women outnumber men significantly and this is the father of their children. They aren't going to pick some guy who is a complete douche and won't fulfill their needs. M'rahz seems to be a great dad-type, and the U'odh ... well, we all know his backstory. No wonder they picked him even if he's slacking in his older age! You can tell he's putting on a tough front to protect them.

In the player made sect of Lynx (Caracal totem) that X'shah is part of there are the "Tia Olympics" that first decide the contenders and then they fight for the amusement of the women. Who pretty much at that point already know who they're going to pick for the position.

Another thing I would like to note is that in my tribal linkshell I encourage members to create "sub-groups" or "branches" of a tribe. This is done so that you don't step on the toes of other players who have characters in the same tribe and don't create sweeping culture rules/expectations that might clash with their idea of a backstory. That way when two characters from the same tribe meet, they can say: "Oh! I'm from _______ branch! How lovely to meet you!" Everyone can have their own unique backstory and have an interesting cultural exchange as well. Win/win!

I hope that you enjoy role-playing a Seeker and have a great time, it's been really rewarding for me for the past several years and there are a lot of avenues available for character growth.

I FORGOT TO COME BACK AND CHECK THIS! Ahh! Thank you both that was very helpful those were the things I wanted to cover and it really did help a lot! Your group sounds amazing! But sadly my friend and I are located on Mateus, but that does sound like a grand way to run it. I'm highly interested in learning more and will go read through that information you linked as well. If you ever do compile all the information I would LOVE to read it! Thank you both for the help! 

I honestly have been considering spending some time on Mateus and opening my linkshell as well there and switching time between the two servers. It's been under some serious consideration. If you feel like tribal Seeker of the Sun role-play is something that you're highly interested in investing your time in, message me, I think it would benefit to in the least open our Discord to Mateus members. A lot of players split time between the servers and there is some great camaraderie.